1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

£14m price tag for Austin

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by sb_73, May 12, 2015.

1. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

....according to The Times, that what the club wants for him. Personally I think £10m is more realistic. We'll see.

2. TimPR78

TimPR78 Well-Known Member

Think 14 mill seems a good starting point and see where it goes from there, be that up or down from the figure. Yes he only has one year left on his contract but he scored a load of goals in a bad premiership team. I would find it difficult accepting less considering the amounts Bony (25 Mill), Ulloa (8 Mill), Long (12 Mill) and McCormack(11 Mill) went for and how much Watford wanted for Deeney. Think we need to take the approach we will only sell him if the right offer comes in and not let anyone take the piss. I know the players I have mentioned are different ot Charlie be that better or worse and the situations at the point of sale vary, just trying to put a reflection of the market, can't really think of any forward in contract recently who went on the cheap.

3. danishqp

danishqp Well-Known Member

Any offer around the 12 Mill should be accepted and quickly -

Furthermore take an optimistic 8 for Fer, 5 for Phillips, 3.5 for Caulker, 2.5 for Sandro and 2 combined for Hoillet and Traore, hope for 1M for Taarabt.
    With all the out of contracts or loanees shown the door, freeing up/saving Millions in wages, that should provide some backbone and base to buy in a half decent squad but quickly.
    One hell of a Summer coming up - but it will be fine as we have such a superb Worldwide network of scouts at work.

The main objective for next year must be to simply stay in the Championship whilst getting rid of 95% of current squad, with this in mind both Ramsey and Ferdinand cannot be deemed the right people at the helm.

Come on you rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrss

daverangers and NorwayRanger like this.
  4. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Agree Danelaw, as long as whoever is running the team is allowed say £15-20m to rebuild (if we bring in nearly £30m through sales) which is a lot of players given that we should be paying much less in wages. Our team of scouts are doubtless busily scouring YouTube for prospects already. Hurrah!

5. Peter Damage

Peter Damage Well-Known Member

We need to focus less on how much time is left on his contract and more on his age and amount of goals in the prem.

McCormack will be 30 at start of next season, only scored in Championship and didn't have a queue of clubs bidding for him.

Would be idiotic to just cash in without getting what he's worth. I would say 18 million no problem.

He's 3 years younger than McCormack, has scored goals in the prem and ianted by a list of clubs.

The clue if we pricing him too cheap is that lots of clubs want him at that price. You push it out to the highest bidder.

Remeber TV deal is getting bigger so clubs are even richer and transfer sums for goal scorers in particular will inflate

TimPR78 likes this.
  6. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

If your board hold out for £14m, then they will probably get it. Prices are bloody stupid these days.

7. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

Does his contract have a minimum release trigger?

8. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Don't know about £18m, but having seen some of the prices for other strikers, £10m may be too conservative. Just need it done quickly so we know how much we have to spend.

9. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

They would probably have gone down the Wycombe route and placed adverts on Ceefax if they could - but sadly, Ceefax has gone.

(Remember Wycombe had injury problems in 2001 and put out an appeal for a fit, non cup-tied striker on Ceefax. They signed Roy Essandoh who scored the goal that beat Leicester City in the quarter final of the FA cup.)

sb_73 likes this.
  10. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

...subject to pending litigation.

11. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Considering the amount of goals he has scored in a poor team, you should be able get 12-15m for him.

12. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

I think he may well stay

13. seagullhoop

seagullhoop Well-Known Member

Now that would be a major surprise - what makes you think that?

UTRs likes this.
  14. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

He would certainly go up in my estimations if he signed a two year extension and said that he wants to play in the PL for QPR in the 16/17 season.
    BUT, no, I can't see it happening, unless, of course, he doesn't get any decent offers.

15. Supergod00

Supergod00 Active Member

With one year left we would probably struggle to get more then £10m for him. Just to throw the cat amoung the pigeons how about keeping him and letting his contract run out and probably lose him for nothing the following season? Madness you say? Not if he scores a bag full of goals and gets us promoted, that's worth far more then we would get for him, also if he knew he was going to be here a bit longer we might be able to twist his arm into a new contract with a pay rise and a buyout clause that comes in the next season if we don't go up!

16. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Probably the weed Dave's been smoking...<laugh>

Sorry DT, please ignore that mate. I would be shocked and very happy if he did stay.

17. TimPR78

I would rather see his contract run down than see him go for a low fee, I think 15 mill upwards. Autin deserves to be in the prem next year, however we deserve to get more money, regardless of length of contract than the transfers of McCormack or Long!

18. Supergod00

Supergod00 Active Member

Unfortunately contract lengths play a massive part in fees as the buying club know the selling club doesn't want to lose the player for nothing a year later, the last year of a contract the fee will drop dramatically.

19. TimPR78

Yes but as you said he could be worth more to us keeping him unless a decent bid is made, think how much it would cost to replace him. Think the point I was trying to make, and didn't put it across well, is despite him having only a year left on his contract he should be a more desirable transfer than that of McCormack or Long who commanded massive fees, Charlie is younger than both and has a better scoring record within the Prem and I would expect there will be a group of teams after him which should drive up the fee. Whilst accept he is likely to leave, he deserves to be in the Prem we have to get the best deal for the club, which will be the biggest transfer fee

20. Supergod00

Supergod00 Active Member

I know what you're saying but we don't hold the cards when it comes to negotiation, in a years time he will still be younger and better then them but also free, the other clubs know this and if we are going to sell we won't be able to hold out for that much. It's just about whether we want to gamble about £10m maybe upto £15m and keep him in the hope that he isn't too stroppy and keeps up his form! Maybe if we went back up he'd even stay!