Cesar holds hands up after dismal QPR drift further away from Premier League safety By Raith Al-samarrai PUBLISHED: 22:48 GMT, 10 February 2013 | UPDATED: 22:48 GMT, 10 February 2013 Comments (0) Share . . Harry Redknapp revealed Julio Cesar came into the QPR dressing room and apologised for playing with an injury in Saturdayâs 4-1 defeat at Swansea. A bigger offence would be if the goalkeeper was the only player who held his hand up. With the possible exception of Andros Townsend, they all had something to be a little sorry about, not least the fact QPR are now seven points short of 17th place after such a flat effort. Redknapp doesnât quite think they need snookers to get out of this situation, but he does believe they need to amass 20 points from their final 12 games â having taken 17 from 26 so far â to have any chance of staying up. He has done it before, notably when Portsmouth won six and drew two of their last 10 games in 2006 to avoid relegation. âI am still confident,â said Redknapp. âI know it is going to be hard and I think it will go to the wire but it is not impossible. âIt is very similar to Pompey. That was down to the last 10 games and we got out with 20-odd points from them. That is what we need here.â Poor show: Harry Redknapp believes QPR need 20 points from their remaining games to survive Their first port of call is Dubai for a few days of warm-weather training this week, but the cold reality is that their first game back is against Manchester United and his players, to judge from Saturday, are behaving like beaten men. Or children, in the case of Adel Taarabt. Christopher Samba, a £12.5million signing, should not be getting barged off the ball by a player with Michuâs build, as he was for Swanseaâs sublime fourth goal. Taarabt should not be getting booked for booting the ball away when his team are trailing 2-0. Redknapp believes striker Loic Remy has a chance of being fit for the United game in a fortnight but there is less hope concerning Bobby Zamora. He came on at half-time and scored within three minutes, but Redknapp revealed the extent of the hip injury that limits him to 45-minute bursts. The only solution is an operation but with a subsequent lay-off expected to amount to nearly eight months it is not a useful option right now. Redknapp said: âHe probably needs another operation. The problem means we have to stop him at half-time. If we played straight through he could probably manage 70 minutes, but stopping at half-time he seizes up and then he canât even move. âWhen he plays heâs different â he can move, hold the ball up, heâs someone we can play up to. Without him we donât have someone who can lead the line.â As far as Cesar goes, Redknapp hopes Saturday was a blip. He spilled shots ahead of Swanseaâs first two goals and was beaten from the acutest of angles by Pablo Hernandez for the third. Redknapp said: âPlease donât let anyone say I am blaming him. I wouldnât swap him for anyone in the country. Except maybe Joe Hart. âHe played with a groin strain and he will be the first to say he shouldnât have played. But that is what the boy is like. He has great character. âWithout him we would not have got the results we got in the last five games. He has apologised to his team-mates. But he is a fantastic professional and a top goalkeeper.â Swansea suffered a huge setback ahead of their Capital One Cup final on Sunday week after Chico Flores ruptured ligaments in his right ankle. Doctors are waiting for the swelling to go down before setting a timeframe for his recovery, but Swanseaâs head physio admitted it is âvery unlikelyâ he will be fit to face Bradford at Wembley. Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ry-QPRs-4-1-defeat-Swansea.html#ixzz2KehxtAJx Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
well there's the mistake green should have been in & cesar should have been honest before the match, but can't really slag him off as he's been top draw.
The guy has been outstanding, I don't think he should be scapegoated (..is that a word?). Anyway, I'm not entirely convinced that the result would have been any better had Green started in goal instead.
"The only solution is an operation but with a subsequent lay-off expected to amount to nearly eight months it is not a useful option right now." _____________________________________ He's just had an operation, put the ****er down. What a signing!
If Redknapp knew this before the game he should have started Green. If not then Caesar should have been more honest. He was all over the place in that game.
Not Cesar's finest hour but with out that man, we would have been down by now with certainty. No complaints from me. I had us down to lose anyway in my scenario of predictions in which QPR escape by a gnat's whisker. I know, I'm deluded etc etc.