2nd bid for Guehi now. 35m plus 10% sell on. sounds like Palace want 35m plus 5m though. Guehi apparently informed palace he wants to leave so this now gets done by sounds of it
Mental. Jackson must be livid knowing he’s going to be cover up front for 4 weeks then not needed again
Sounds like it's almost done. I'm not his biggest fan as a player but I support everyone in the team so let's see him change my mind.
Think he gives Konate real competition which he doesn’t really have atm and what he needs with his recent performances but he also offers cover at LCB as often plays there for palace despite being right footed so can cover for vvd when needing a rest in cups/europe and potentially even a long term replacement on that side.
So the gomez stuff is a hard pass. We need our long throw specialist. Its 35mil and a whatever we dont want to pay any more and its time to do a deal palace. Nobody is coming to take him.from you before Monday.
Bte I strongly suspect palace have been holding out and relying on the player not making a fuss but they've got no offers and have been amateur hour in replacing him. Im not gone on midgets playing cb but this is what slot wants. Imagine burn v guehi.
It’s not like we currently get vvd or konate to make burn. Cup final it was Mac, last week it was Salah.
Burn deliberately avoids vvd, he went on konate for the free. Corners yes our zonal system is hilarity
I see the benefits of course. I just haven't liked his style of play. I'm not at Harry Kane levels of disliking a player but then again that would be quite hard
Leeds 0 Newcastle 0 Another nail in their lets keep isak coffin This is a classic example of stubborn heel digging, failure on a grand scale in the market and frankly being stupidly thuggish when trying to prove a point. Somehow they managed to get schar on the park despite him being subbed for concussion (surely breaking the concussion rules) Played 5 at the back against a promoted side. Oh and tonali rose from his death bed too. He just got the hump and asked it in other words.
Palace fans seemingly infuriated by us helping them with data analysis for their opponent and leaving guehi to play to get them further in europe. How dare we bid. Like as if they have not known guehi wants to go
By most accounts the 35m bid has been on the table for a while but palace wanted to get Europe secured first before letting him go. Now that’s done, obviously had further conversations hence the increased bid.
Have said from the very first link that I’m excited by Guehi, genuinely think a lot of people will be surprised and will grow to like him.
Yeah, it's up to them to self harm here. He's their captain. They got what they wanted for eze but had his contract. He can walk for free or certainly go down in value but at least 15mil in the next 3 month They've had all summer to replace him. He was Crystal clear with them. So let's all be crystal clear also. We have 4 cbs. One will go next summer. Guehi is a bonus for us as we have those 4 cbs even if we strongly believes 2 are crocks and 1 is a potential purchase. We can easily wait for Jan and cheeky bid 10mil before agreeing a deal with him for free. It's 35. They turned down 70 last year and got their reward. But its time to sell. They should have bought a replacement. Why? This is exactly the same reason as I said about us and konate last May. We are about to drop 35 on his replacement.
Howe is covering himself in further glory with a petulant display of "not knowing" about isak. He's been the one pushing the player out, isolating the player and then publicly courting the player all of a sudden. Now he has no idea what's happening and he will find out like everyone else? Hmmmm. If I was the absentee chairman I'd be wondering just how this went so badly and wondering aboit the shambolic transfers and looking at howe as a major reason heind this. Howe even admitted to talking to isak who told him clearly he wanted to leave. I wouldn't be shocked if howe is sacked and a pif manager from saudi like inzaghi is put in there.
Howe does'nt know anything about Isak other than the fact he want's to leave. Pif are handling this and have give your club a price for completing a deal. So far you have low balled that price and been told no, it's up to you toeither pay the price or move on.
He knows who's put him training on his own. Do that for a week. Any more is self harm He knows who is aksed every single game.(before and after) and who has pushed the player constantly. Thst persons name is Eddie howe. Pif have not bothered to appoint anyone to the upper executive positions at Newcastle. Thsts one of the root causes of this but I also think their eyes might be open to howe's failings on a number of fronts now. Newcastle have really not helped themselves so frankly I'd be more than happy to hear we go buy someone else. Hes.not worth their price, he certainly isn't now after his antics and they can keep him if they like. Our new lad has started well and looks like he has something about him even if he has some things to work on. Our issue is 4 players isn't enough for 3 positions with 2 games a week. If our idea is frimpong is a forward all of a sudden and a 17 year old is a replacement for Diaz then thets a massive error. Right now however theres no word of another option bar soem rumblings about Morgan Rodgers.