Probably couldn't afford the wages but Joey Barton and Shaun Wright-Phillips have both been released by QPR today, I would take them both.
Agreed. Wed likely have to wait till later in summer to see if no one else wants them. They would likely then revise the wages theyre looking for if no one is biting
A big no thank you both wanting far too much money and at 34 and 33 best days well behind them no Shaun and Joey can go elsewhere for me. Reading between the lines of what Barton said about certain players not pulling their weight I think he was referring to Phillips now the other Phillips now that would be tasty
Agreed. Barton is a bit of a twat but he's one I'd much rather have playing for us than against us. In the Championship he'd be an excellent partner for Cook. Wright-Phillips has been past it for three or four years now, I don't think he's the answer. In fact I'd take Woolford over him
Massimo Cellino has sacked Head of Recruitment Steve Head, after just 5 days in the job, reports Simon Austin. Head held a similar role at Norwich and was identified as a target for Leeds by new Executive Director Adam Pearson. He is well-experienced in this area, having worked with Fulham and the England national team. He signed the contract at Leeds on the Friday after Pearson had agreed the terms and all was in place for a long and hopefully successful spell at the Whites. That has now come to an end just a few days into the job. On Tuesday, Cellino enquired about Head and where he was, it turns out that Head was on holiday, a holiday that had been booked several months in advance before he had any contact with Leeds. When he found out about the news, Cellino was furious and stated that he should be at the club instead of on holiday, and dismissed Head’s contract, which was waiting for Cellino’s signature. Things were beginning to look on the up for Leeds United with a number of good appointments in the back room staff. That is at risk of collapsing and there is no doubt that Pearson will be upset that Cellino went over his head on a decision.
If anyone needs any proof of what a twat Cellino is and how he is no good for this club then there is your proof, the doubters feared he would spit his dummy but after just 5 days, seriously.... Any betting on Pearson resigning over this?
please log in to view this image Sky Sports News HQ ✔@SkySportsNewsHQ Sky Sources: Swiss nationals working for Fifa including Sepp Blatter told by investigators they can't leave Switzerland until further notice
Statement by FIFA President Blatter (FIFA.com) 27 May 2015 please log in to view this image This is a difficult time for football, the fans and for FIFA as an organisation. We understand the disappointment that many have expressed and I know that the events of today will impact the way in which many people view us. As unfortunate as these events are, it should be clear that we welcome the actions and the investigations by the US and Swiss authorities and believe that it will help to reinforce measures that FIFA has already taken to root out any wrongdoing in football. While there will be many who are frustrated with the pace of change, I would like to stress the actions that we have taken and will continue to take. In fact, today’s action by the Swiss Office of the Attorney General was set in motion when we submitted a dossier to the Swiss authorities late last year. Let me be clear: such misconduct has no place in football and we will ensure that those who engage in it are put out of the game. Following the events of today, the independent Ethics Committee – which is in the midst of its own proceedings regarding the awarding of the 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cups - took swift action to provisionally ban those individuals named by the authorities from any football-related activities at the national and international level. These actions are on top of similar steps that FIFA has taken over the past year to exclude any members who violate our own Code of Ethics. We will continue to work with the relevant authorities and we will work vigorously within FIFA in order to root out any misconduct, to regain your trust and ensure that football worldwide is free from wrongdoing.
So head gets a new job,and goes on holiday? Lads if any of you are on ja the beer thread on the leeds board is funny, OP seems to think six pints in six hours is heavy drinking!!!!! He has serious doubts anyone can drink 20 pints in a day??? Shako OLOF et all tell me your stories I will cut and paste them.
Hollow words. If he meant a any of it he'd suspend both the Russia and Qatar World Cups and order a revote. Talks utter ****e.
Evening Elland. I've done my best to stay neutral about Cellino but if this true then I'm afraid the man is an utter ****wit. Every time we seem to be making progress he screws it up. As somebody else observed by the time we have found, interviewed and sorted contracts for a ne head of recruitment Head will be back from holiday. Cellino needs to sell and let someone who is professional enough to run our club to have a go. We can only hope Pearson can talk sense into him because Pearson won't hang around for long in such an amateurish set up.