No Arsenal approach for Remy, insists QPR boss Redknapp Freddie Shires Profile Pic Freddie Shires 12 hours ago Queens Park Rangers boss Harry Redknapp says he's received no approach from Arsenal for Loic Remy, but concedes that the striker's buy-out clause makes a move possible. #453683590 / gettyimages.com Queens Park Rangers manager Harry Redknapp insists that Arsenal have not yet made an approach for striker Loic Remy, following reports of an imminent bid. Arsenal appear set to delve back into the transfer market for help up top this week, following news that main man Olivier Giroud could be out for up to three months, after injuring his ankle in the 2-2 draw with Everton. Remy was previously close to sealing an £8.5 million move to Liverpool in July, with the club meeting his buy-out clause, but the deal collapsed at the last minute due to a failed medical. Nevertheless, the Frenchman has been a long-rumoured target for the Gunners, declaring himself that he would like a move to a Champions League club, but Redknapp maintains that there been no contact. âNo, we havenât heard anything,â he told TalkSport. âItâs difficult because Remy has a buyout clause and one thing you donât want is suddenly getting a call over the weekend with the end of the window approaching. âCharlie Austin is injured at the moment then weâve got Bobby Zamora and thatâs it. We canât be left with just one fit striker. âAll we can do is just hope the phone doesnât ring and that we get past Monday and Remy is still with us.â While Danny Welbeck has also been reported as potential target, Remyâs impressive 2013-14 season on loan at Newcastle United, where he scored 14 goals in 26 Premier League games, suggests that the former Marseille man would be the superior option for Wenger. Considering some had claimed that Arsenal required addition firepower even prior to the Giroud news, a move for the 27-year-old would make clear sense, especially at just £8.5 million, though it remains to be seen what the club will do during the closing stages of the transfer window.
"Charlie Austin is injured at the moment then we’ve got Bobby Zamora and that’s it. We can’t be left with just one fit striker." King hell, has Vargas disappeared already? Or is he actually a left back? or has Redknapp simply forgotten him? Worrying.......
As much as I / we, want Remy to stay ........... I'd love to for us to be in a position to say, get stuffed! Why, because after Harry, the Chairman, the club and us fans have spent the last couple of weeks talking about it, Remy can't / won't show any decency towards us and say, yes, I will stay or no, I will definitely goes. In other words, we can all go to hell and if someone comes along and wants him at the very last micro second before the window shuts, then stuff the club. Some may say that he is within his right to do so but we all know business can be done in all sought of manner. Why not be completely up front and say it as he wishes OR why not commit now which benefits one and all. He doesn't have to stay to show an act of decency. That's all, just be fair dinkum!
I wonder whether he has actually been to training yet. His clearance won't come through for another week and there may be a chance that for some reason (it could only happen to QPR) it is rejected.
Sadly that commonsense and ethical approach is quite rare in football. Or is it just rare with certain QPR players?? Now I'm getting paranoid.
I personally want him gone. Excellent striker he may be but I feel no allegiance to him as much as he obviously feels no allegiance to QPR. Ridicolous naive point of view I know by it is what it is.
Vargas did train with squad for a couple of days before Tottenham, but then had to fly back to apply for the work permit.
I'm sorry, but if someone offered Clint Hill the chance to play in the champions league he'd be off like a shot, as would any professional player. Remy doesn't want to leave for anything else, which I think deserves some credit. But his work ethic will be top notch if he stays, he's professional and has a point to prove.
Fair comment mate and there is nothing wrong with what you have said. I just wish he'd man up and state it either way. As RTID has said, it is very rare we see and form of decency nowadays.
To be fair Aussie, he looked the one most likely to score against Hull, always a rise in excitement in the stadium when he got the ball. He was obviously rusty as well. As for Sunday, the reported lack of effort is unacceptable but understandable in the context of what was going on behind him.
Fair comment there, 'sb' ............ sadly, I will never know the feeling of being in the stadium over there. Will just have be content to support them from here.
I think he will always be bothered if there is a chance of scoring but if its a 50/50 on the half way line forget it until he knows where he is playing on 1st September and if he stays with us doesnt go into a proper french sulk!!!.....................
Why relate this to football. It is everywhere. Doesn't everybody want have many open possibilities in live, I hope you do.