1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Zlatan Ibrahimovic coming to Spurs!

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Hoddle is a god, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Granted, Lotak. But that's precisely my point. For players like Keane and Henry and co. to move to the MLS and demand major soccer wages is understandable; they're playing at a much lower level (so appear better than they really are), and are massive publicity stunts and huge profiles for the USA footy scene in general. Thus, it is worthwhile for teams like Galaxy and NY to cough up such ludicrous pension schemes. I'd say the same logic applies to Russia and the Far East.

But for a player like fatty Franky to move to a Premier League club (Worryingly, we've been linked with him numerous times already) and demand crazily high wages...for what, exactly? He wouldn't be a celebrity, wouldn't increase the clubs' profile, wouldn't increase the EPL's profile, wouldn't be playing at a lower level, and wouldn't be a publicity stunt. In which case, how and why is this daylight robbery justified?

Maybe I'll concede Ibrahimovic- his star is still bright enough to raise our club profile. But Forlan? Lamps? Drogba? I think these players should be FORCED to end their careers in America, China or Russia- the only places where their greed makes any sense.

2. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ironically enough, Fat Frank probably wants to have his cake and eat it too ;)

He wants to stay in the PL so he can stay in the UK and play at a high level, but also wants to keep the wages he's on at Chelsea. He's hoping some club with more money than sense will pay him what he's on so he can have both (are you watching Dalglish? ;)) - I'm pretty sure Keane, Henry, Beckham, Eto'o etc all tried the same before they shipped off to the States or wherever. Reality isn't intruding on his world yet cos he still has six months before Chelsea show him the door. Just wait till April / May - he'll sign for the Anchorage Chieftains, Sporting Almaty or Rotor Vladivostok before announcing to the world that he is starting an exciting new project, spreading football around the world, has always dreamed of playing in Outer Mongolia, and fully deserves the 500 million roubles a year they're going to pay him <ok>

P.S. If I were you guys I wouldn't touch Ibra with a bargepole. He's a decent player, but the grief he would give you and the damage his £9 million a year would do to your budget and wage structure would not be worth it. Just look at how Robinho worked out at City - didn't improve the team, and pissed all the other players off by getting paid twice as much as they were whilst not being much better.

3. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

Why do you keep doing this? What is your problemo?

4. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

Well i think your comments on this thread make you look like a killjoy tit.

5. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Probably, but then people would have said the same thing about VdV had he been linked to Spurs in early 2010. But then VdV was worth getting, Ibra would not be imo.

6. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

No the rumour was made up by myself Swarbs. See our thread "since they like talking bolox".

We wanted to prove how easy it is to make up journo bulls*it and to also see how people can be easily sucked in to by a fake rumour. It's due to the fact that papers have thus far linked us with Torres, Tevez and Kaka, all of which I think any Spurs fan can admit, have no element of truth and in fairness we're not financially equipped to be paying £150k+ a week wages, all of which them guys are on... As you can tell, we were pretty bored :D

7. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

Nope, i don't feel strongly enough, i'm not that sad. However, if you feel a thread, or the posters on the thread are too "stupid" for you, or you aren't interested in the thread maybe you should just consider staying the hell away rather than coming on and insulting posters or posting ****e like "can we close this thread" everywhere. You come across as a guy with a right attitude.

8. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

Are we giving up on pretending that the Zlatan links are true or do you want me to delete any comments that have ruined the fun?

9. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Nah might aswell save your time KH, we had a bit of fun while it lasted <ok>

10. superal

superal Active Member

Seems a number of people are gullible to a made up story...point proven <ok>

11. That's a bit strong, I think, Ensil.

It's patently obvious to anyone with even a modicum of humour inside them that we are having nothing more than a laugh at ourselves and the journo hype that dogs our club. And as those without even a modicum of humour inside them are usually ignored, I don't see where the harm is in any of this.

12. KingHotspur

You really didn't like this did you?

Why not just ignore it instead of trying to belittle us?

13. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

To be quite honest i couldn't give 2 ****s if other forums took the piss out of it. Its a shame you seem to care so much what others think, you weren't even part of the thread so why does it matter to you?
    As far as i'm concerned you ruined a thread where we were all having perfectly honest fun.

I don't expect you to have the ability to understand other peoples points of view so i'll just leave it at that.

14. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

taking the piss out of it is what usually happens to rumuors...you cant expect everybody to join the bandwagon...some will question it...however you do behave like most things that are uttered by anyone but yourself are a load of crap.....people have banter...even if you printed a rumuor that had an elemnt of truth about it then people would take the piss.....

in fact im off to start the rumuor that Lukaku plus 20 million for Modders is a done deal for the chavs <ok>

15. KingHotspur

Ok maybe you didn't belittle it but there have been several comments from you on this thread which weren't necessary.

If you didn't like it you could of just ignored it instead.

16. Oh, come on, Ensil! It's all a bit of harmless festive fun. That's all.

I take great pride in the fact that your board is not only one of the most tolerant on this site (and God knows there are some real uptight assholes posting on other boards), but also in the fact that we tend to have incredibly varied, insightful and interesting discussion-threads.

Think how much worse things could me, man! You could be a West Brom fan FFS!

17. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

Ens, I wouldn't get uptight over it, its been as plain as day Harry's intentions here. Even if we'd progressed I don't believe for one minute he'd put the 1st team out next round. It would be the same scratch side that if by some miracle got to the last sixteen, then maybe. How he treats the FA Cup will be interesting.

18. KingHotspur

Can we stay on topic please.

This thread is for the impending transfer of Zlatan to Spurs in January ;)

19. KingHotspur

I was kidding.

Why so grumpy?

20. Master Yoda

Master Yoda Well-Known Member

I sincerely doubt Ibra would go to Spurs.

Past teams - Malmo (big in Sweden), Ajax, Juventus, Inter, Barcelona, Milan... then Spurs? Doubt it.