1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Zidane and assistant banned for 3 months

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by moreinjuredthanowen, Oct 27, 2014.

1. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

American football and bball were [or still are] the saviour of many a wayward kid, getting an education and a way into a sport instead of a life of crime. Sport over here is [with few exceptions] the reserve of the well-offs. I don't know how that fits into what you said but maybe it's to do more with importance placed on regulations here rather than on involvement for fun or escape!

2. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Maybe but these are heavy money making sports over here and not just at the pro level, at the college level too. The coaching holds a lot of weight and you see guys fired, let go, all the time. You do also have a massive talent pool to choose from so that could be a difference. It is pretty interesting the differences.

Another country that really doesn't put tons of emphasis on coaching licenses unless you are at the top?......... Brazil believe it or not! Probably in the culture to be free and all that I guess.

3. Nozzer

Nozzer Well-Known Member

A bit. Plenty of Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham fans. Don't remember meeting a Fulham fan though. There's the obligatory Man U and Liverpool fans as well, of course, and the Ipswich and Norwich fans. There was one Everton fan at my school.

4. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

I don't understand the London supporter 'arrangements' , it's far easier when you have a city with just two teams - and even easier when there's only one. Wherever I've been people knowing I'm from Liverpool will presume I support Liverpool, sometimes will say 'red or blue' but never had anyone presume I support Everton.

Bluff - I've looked at Paul Dalglish twitter on occasion and he seems to flit all around the place.

5. Nozzer

Nozzer Well-Known Member

Well, the biggest team in Essex is Colchester United, so most fans go for non-Essex teams. Then you can basically just take your pick I suppose.

6. moreinjuredthanowen

I think lads honestly its the same in all fields... anyone going to uni knows some seriously dodgy crap goes on to pass lads there too... and all other areas of endeavor too. in My uni i could see lads passed to keep the numbers at a certain level of passing. driving test is the same and all that.

its very difficult to say that football is or isn't worse... but the important thing is if a guy jogs up with the intent to just get a badge he can ge tit and be a crap coach but if we go back to the list of names in england going for badges... garry neville.. i'm sure he's not doing ti just to get a badge and neither is mike marsh. they are doing it to learn and be bette rand if you take that attitude you will improve.

I think people miss the fact that rodgers didn't just go to barca on a jolly he went to learn and i'd be interested to knwo if it was part of the 18 month pro license activity. you do have to go foreign andgain experience as part of it

7. moreinjuredthanowen

essez is a big enough area though.... london can be broken down into zones... so ok liveprool or manchester have two teams but north london have two top teams... sort of <laugh> i dunno... chelsea and fulham are fairly close.

8. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

I may be going to Hoffenheim this January or the summer for a week to spend time with their academy. <ok>

Buzzing about that one, I have the money and time for it but the January one falls in the same frame as our NSCAA convention which I have already registered and paid for. https://www.nscaaconvention.com/ehome/index.php?eventid=100556&

9. moreinjuredthanowen

Nice one bluff. I think the Germans might be arrogant so and so s but they certainly created a fix to their countries woes after 2000

10. He loves basketball because he's a bloody giant!! (6ft 7in or something like that...?) <laugh>

(why do I remember weird **** like this :huh:)

11. Driving is a great example. They have quotas to meet each month so you often find they're more lenient at the start of the month but strict by the end (unless its changed, I am talking about fifteen years ago here)

12. moreinjuredthanowen

Oh I totally agree. Where stats are used, schools, hospitals, driving tests, police fines etc the stat drives the action not the other way round so yeah pass rates rise, waiting lists fall etcetc

Hell where I work the dodges people do to reduce inventory or hit revenue targets by giving stuff away at cost is obscene

Tesco has that issue of reporting sales with full bonuses in them before they occurred and had to knock a huge amount off their declared profit and heads rolled

However back to football.... This is a case of let's disparage the system where guys can learn valuable skills just cos it might be taken more seriously in the top performing countries

One thing.... I bet the state of Brazilian football could be radically improved by better coaches and not what they are up to.... Dungs... Do they only have 3 coaches in brazil

13. Even happens in the charity sector too :)