1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Zeki Fryers

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by green_day, Jan 3, 2013.

1. green_day

green_day New Member

Evening Tottenham fans, United fan here in peace, breaking news on sky sports news is you've signed our former left-back from Standard Liege, he's a young player, i'm sure he'll get plenty of games for you with the injuries you've got at the back.

2. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

He was training with us in the summer and was set to sign until a tribunal told us we'd have to pay £6mill to United. We pulled out and to me it looks like we've brazenly dodged the £6mill by letting Liege(who didn't have t pay big compo) sign him and then buy him from them. I wouldn't be surprised if Fergie starts a **** storm about this but it is quite funny :D

I can't see him being involved with the first team this season, although he did list lack of first team chances as one of his problems with United so maybe we have indicated that we do want to give him chances.

3. Rebelspur

Rebelspur Well-Known Member

Certainly smells fishy no harm to get one over on Fergie! could be a welcome addition if he develops as was expected

4. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Fishy Fryers!

Sorry Rebel! <laugh>

5. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

Fryers has been very shortsighted. Had he stayed at OT, there would have been opportunities with Evra getting on a bit and Fabio loaned out for more experience. Buttner was signed because there was a gap to fill.

He should get games at Spurs, however.

6. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

Don't see how Fergie can complain,he would have done the same thing,in that position

7. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He lost Pogba and Morrison in the summer, too. Seems to be something of a problem for Utd.

8. Manobear

Manobear I love cheeseburgers

Lost Morrison last January and I believe he got cut from West Ham shortly after and think he was picked up by Birmingham. Bullet dodged I'd say. Pogba wanted more money and more first team action and United weren't willing to pay a 18 year old with little to no first team experience the wages of a first team player so he was sold to Juventus. No clue why Fryers decided to leave he was actually getting minutes in the league as well as cup games. Clearly he was wanted and would have gotten games this year had he stayed.

9. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

How much have we paid Liege for him?

Levy does it again, it seems.

10. perrymanlegend

perrymanlegend Well-Known Member

3mil King- Levy saved himself 3mil from the original decison.
    Should get him to my accounts too!

11. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

yeah,but sometimes i wish he wouldn't,it depends on what player you want and what player you need i.e. a creative midfielder we didn't get because he wouldn't up his offer

12. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Yet again Levy buttfucks a club to get a great deal!

Glazers: Hi Daniel, we'll have £6m compensation please (via tribunal).
    Levy: Are you mad? No chance. *Shouts to Zeki* Hey Zek-meister, go Standard for 6 months, we'll then pick you up for half the fee.
    Zeki: Sure thing Mr Levy.
    Levy: Yeah... I ****ing rule.

Welcome aboard Zeki, seem a decent prospect.
    Quite surprised he actually left Utd in the summer though seeing as Evra's getting on and their other LB is out on loan. Weirdly, would have had more minutes with them than he'll likely get with us, especially as Naughton has performed well there recently and Benny's impending return. Still, as I said, seems a good prospect, the fact he's English is always an extra bonus, here's hoping to a successful, long career with us <ok>

13. crackerman jack

crackerman jack Well-Known Member

If you look at the story on sky sports the comments section really is littered with utter retards who know nothing about football. I really wish they wouldn't bother having them, they don't add anything at all.
    Just wanted to get that off my chest!
    Great bit of business by Levy once again. Looking forward to the late night signings on the 31st of Moutinho, Damaio and sneijder now! ;-)

14. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Anyone know how much Liege paid for him, or was he out of contract? If so, £3m a piece, not bad return in 6 months.

15. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Didn't Standard pick him up for free as he was out of contract? If so, both us and Standard are wetting ourselves while the Glazers are still sitting around thinking "what the hell just happened?!".

16. The greed of the Glazers has cost them at least a couple of £million on Fryers. I hope their fans turn on them and voice some strong criticism. They certainly cannot blame Levy for doing what he does best, which is some very clever business.

I'm excited about young Fryers. He looks like a superstar in the making, and under AVB he'll be given more than ample opportunity to prove himself, if he does the business in training. We're looking at a player who is very much in the Ashley Cole mode of wing-back, with strength and pace, as well as great technique.

This could well prove to be one of the best signings we have made in a long, long while, although most of us might not realise that for two or three seasons.

17. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Been enjoying some of the comments on Sky Sports' website. The combination of sour grapes and ignorance is remarkably amusing...

18. O.Spurcat

O.Spurcat Well-Known Member

It seems Sir Alex is not impressed with this signing. Comments coming out of OT today include "this is a blatant manipulation of the rules" and "this has Daniel Levy's fingerprints all over it".

19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Spuds 1-0 Bacon

<ok>

20. That has quite made my day!!! Was waiting for him to open his gob on the subject - only surprised it took him 24 hours. Must have choking on his own hypocrisy and couldn't get his words out sooner...!! :emoticon-0136-giggl