1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Zamora

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cheetahyz, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Cheetahyz

Cheetahyz Member

Anyone why BZ sat in the stands and didn't even make the bench? Yikes.

2. valjing

valjing Member

It was probably his hand injury,or did Jol rest him because he thought this would be an easy one.
    We cannot solely rely on BZ.it maybe ok to be a one man band team,if those around could play an instrument.
    My choice I would give Frei a run,and as I said in another posting priority RB,& C/F.

3. frogman27

frogman27 Member

I have to confess that he is one of our bigger assets, if we want big name strikers then may be he may be sold ????

4. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

According to Jol (in Sky after match statement), "He (Zamora) was okay in the week but his ankle was hurting a lot this morning so we pulled him out of the game". Interesting us of "we".

Anyway why rest him in a must win prem game for a (hopefully) already won Euro one next Thursday.

PS Jol also said he is doubtful for Thursday.

PPS All very strange. Where/when did the mystery injury happen? Why don't the club know how serious it is in relation to Thursday (and more recently reported Newcastle also)?

5. FFC_Madness

FFC_Madness Well-Known Member

During last Thursday's game we thought that Zamora looked uncomfortable and exactly mentioned that his ankle might give him problem.

Anyone else for Bendtner? He will give us what AJ is missing and what we are missing up front when Zamora is not playing.

6. dempsey's revenge

dempsey's revenge Active Member

Bendtner is good, but it's hard to see Wenger selling another class player. Arsenal's playing poorly, and with Fabrigas gone and Nasri packing his bags, I just don't see Arsenal selling Bendtner when the gooner fans are baying for Wenger's blood.

Peter Crouch is older, weirder and probably more expensive, but I think he would be easier for us to get. I would prefer Bendtner.

7. FFC_Madness

FFC_Madness Well-Known Member

Yeah I see your point regarding Bendtner but can't see him staying too long of he is 3rd or 4th choice. (Hopeful thinking!)

Crouch is a no for me. Too easy being pushed over by defenders!

8. RobespierreFFC

I would also like Bendtner because he would provide actual competition for zamora unlike players we've offered for such as Cameron Jerome, who is probably not quite good enough to be a 1st team regular for us. However I agree with DR that arsenal in their current will not be looking to sell from an already depleted squad. I guess bendtners whereabouts might in some way affected by whether the nasri transfer goes through.

9. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I don't think Arsenal would have a problem with letting Bendtner go. It's been reported all summer that he wants away, and they seem to be happy to let him go. He's hardly at the front of the queue for a starting place for them. Whether we want him or not is another matter. I can see the arguments that his advocated make, and yet...

But we need someone, that's for sure. Maybe he could be the answer, but I hope Jol has got a better one up his sleeve.

10. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

I think the same, Captain. Arsenal's strike force is the only area where they can afford to lose a player should a good offer come in - it's their midfield and defence that's waning rapidly.

I'm still not sure about Bendtner. He's had a few good games for Arsenal, but their fans don't seem to rate him much. Mind you he has been a bit-part player the entire time he's been with them. But then if he's good enough, he should get games. But then....

I just don't know!

11. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

As I've said before, I'm more worried about his attitude and how he will fit into our happy, relatively ego-free squad.

12. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Very true. Attitude-wise, he's far from Fulhamish.

13. WhatDoesWoyWant?