1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Zamora for Crouch?

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by oldnslow, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

2. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Back atcha, C58. Although I don't think anyone is exactly crying out for us to sell the family jewels, I do think we ought to do a Sparky and be ambitious (minus the hilarious failing) and try and move on rather than consolidate. We're not in a fantastic financial state, but we're decently-placed to keep our good players and add more.

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure Dembele has done enough yet to be classed as part of 'the family jewels'. I don't think we should sell Bobby, but I'd be happy to sell Dembele if we are confident of getting someone better for less money. Jol should consider a deal like that if he's got someone else lined up to replace him. As for Dempsey, he has certainly earned family jewel status, but I'm still waiting to see how he fits into Jol's game plan. If - and it's a big if - he isn't part of the masterplan, then it would be worth accepting a really good offer for him. I suspect that the next couple of transfer windows will be the point where we get the biggest return on Demps if we want to sell.

In summary:
    Bobby - don't sell
    Dempsey - don't sell unless Jol doesn't plan to use him as a regular, and then only if we get a massive offer
    Dembele - sell for the right offer if Jol has someone better and cheaper lined up

Family jewels? Bobby, Brede and Stockdale are the ones we really don't want to see leaving on permanent transfers.