1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Zaliukas signs new contract

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Eireleeds1, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Sensible move by the club to give Marius an improved contract. Has proved to be an astute signing. Wonder are we looking north of border for any more signings

2. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Agree. Bargain of the season. I didn't think Scottish football (apart from the top few) were up to match, but Zuliukas is great.

3. Eireleeds1

Agree Scottish football in general is not up to much. However, doesn't mean there aren't any gems playing there and it would be foolish to discount Scotland completely. After all, some of our greatest cam from north of the border

4. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I just wonder if any of our 4 targets are Hearts players that have been recommended by Big Zee. Hearts are in real financial strife, so we could 'do unto them that what has been done to us'!

5. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Remember, we got Snoddy from Scotland. So maybe there are a few nuggets up there.

6. Eireleeds1

Not forgetting a certain Bremner fella, Eddie Gray and wee Gordon. Without that lot our trophy cabinet would look fairly bare

7. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

A different era Eire. All the top sides had at least one top sweatty in their starting line up

8. Eireleeds1

Very true. Curious to know how McD is getting on setting up a scouting network. We seem incapable of signing anyone other than English. I'm sure there are lots of decent players on the continent that would be happy enough with the terms and facilities we can offer

9. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

I recall a lot of us on here mentioning Zaliukas in July as a good target for us, but then QPR appeared on the scene and it seemed he was lost ... also talk of Rangers wanting him but they simply couldn't afford his wages ... he was Hearts' best player, very consistent, and so pleased he is with us now.