1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Zach Clough

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by OTIB, Jan 8, 2016.

1. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Not saying that I've personally heard of him but do have a Bolton fan who rates him big time. He does seem to have clubs other than us sniffing around and I think now we've taken the first dip into the water regarding a fee others could possibly follow.
    As to wages Shiny is probably correct apart from he would of signed full time when they was higher championship or poss still Prem. I don't know but it's a guessing game and if I was a betting man possibly way above an uncertain £2 k a week.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  2. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

I've heard of and seen him on TV, but to go from one struggling club to another (that are not a lot better off position wise) is a big ask.

3. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Seems to be highly rated looked at by man utd,liverpool,arsenal so must have something about him.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  4. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I noticed somehwere in one of his famous quotes that SC said he was still hoping for something but I.m not quite sure what the heck it is. If he meant new blood then I am concerned because from waht I have read there are very few, if any, players that want to come to City. Our past comes back to haunt us and our present offers no respite. Mexico is lovely and I know when I go home to Canada that all the problems at Bristol City will be fixed and if I have another puff then we could win the Champions League. Hasta la vista.

5. Red Robin

Mexico one of the destinations i wish to have a vacation,always here good vibes from people that have been.

6. RedorDead

Going there in July for my 50th year of being on this earth.
    My mum had timeshares on the Pacific side but we are going to the Carribean side. Always knew that the chances of going there cheap would come back to bite me. But she also (in my name as interest is lower) have two apartments in Spain which was easier to take the kids too. Don't get over there too much now due to long term lets.
    Give me some feedback on Mexico if you could please and if it's the Caribean side places to visit. I'm going to the Mayan ruins but any other feedback would be greatly recieved.

Red Robin likes this.
  7. Red Robin

My wifes 50th this year not sure to go back to south africa where i had my 40th supurb holiday, or Mexico where we have not been as yet.

8. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Red Robin and RODney

Get a fu**in room.

Red Robin likes this.
  9. RedorDead

Ok dad

10. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

Not in Boltons side today

11. RedorDead

He didn't travel because of the offer, but because ours was made public both Sheffield Wednesday and Wolves are sniffing round.
    Basically Bolton need the sale before Tuesday as that is the date they need to pay HMRC. So they don't want to cup tie the player.

12. Bigjohnatyeo

Bigjohnatyeo Well-Known Member

Never heard of him, guess you dont follow the game that well then.

13. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

they played Eastleigh and unless they flew down! would need to pass Bristol, or WBA AND it was stated City have someone being "interviewed " this weekend ..... fairy tale, signs for us plays against WBA, scores winner and we draw Man utd away in rd 4!

14. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

2. The Man from uncle
    Not Boltons academy no. Why the **** would I. My concentration is on Bristol City <doh>

15. HANDY ANDY

HANDY ANDY Active Member

This will be a players decision again and basically we are not seen as a sexy club. We have obviously offered top money but will it be enough?. This will be a "have to sell us" job for SC.

smhbcfc likes this.
  16. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Spot on

17. RedorDead

Tomorrow we should all find out, as Bolton need that money to pay 2.2 million bill to HMRC. One thing that is bothering me and perhaps some self employed person can throw some light on for me.
    If we pay 3m I assume x amount is classed as income so don't the 2.2 million bill then go up by said amount, or is that on 2016/17 tax year?

18. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

Self employed .... your return must be at the very latest by 31 jan each year.
    you pick when your year starts.
    easiest time is the accepted first week of April .. the tax year
    what you earn up until say 7th APRIL 2015 IS SORTED BY THE 31ST JAN 2016

THEN IT COMPLICATED

Deductions ,expenses, stuff held, over stuff put forward etc etc
    Tax man HMRC that is does hower have multi tiers of qualifications .. builders, artists farmers etc etc so likely a dedicated section regarding football...
    When you say clear as mud... the tax system is in general , my little back water is the clear water entering the muddy river I do just VAT, what I earn what I spend and any interest I earn.

19. HANDY ANDY

HANDY ANDY Active Member

This will be something for Bolton Accountants. There will be secured debtors and unsecured ones and you can bet your bottom dollar HMRC are top of the pile. The best solution will be a wedge up front but come what may its up to the player. I would not imagine he has any loyalty to the club, only himself which is fair enough. The key for the City is to survive this year as in the upcoming financial years we will have more disposable income. You can just imagine Coterill's frustration.

20. Premiershiporbust IV

Premiershiporbust IV Active Member

Shiny, you don't have to follow Bolton's academy, he has been touted on the old football league show and the new one as something special for some time now..