1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Youth version of the Champions League...

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Jayram_Football, Jun 4, 2012.

1. UIR - Kagawa Powa

UIR - Kagawa Powa New Member

Essentially very little bar the experience of getting on a plane and playing abroad in often empty or near empty stadiums.

A few games in the first team would give much much more to a player but over the coming years the u19 CL as it essentially is may become a little different and teams may have to qualify as Youth league/reserve league and Fa youth cup champions or the national equivalent. No point having it invite only though, thats mental. Make it something they work for and then you get benefits.

Inter are the holders and as far as I am aware, Inter are not known for their youth set up so already a surprise.

2. Seems to me like its a good tournament to develop the youth, not sure why Utd are not in it...

3. UIR - Kagawa Powa

UIR - Kagawa Powa New Member

Just too much going on essentially with United. We play all over the world in loads of tournaments. Brazil and Holland were 2 we played in over the last year or so and theres plenty more.

Fergies a youth man and if he thinks its not worth it yet them I would be obliged to agree, Fergies brought enough youth through to be right on this. I expect us to be involved eventually but for now Liverpool can send a team to remember what Europe is.

4. ThatThereSaintsFan

ThatThereSaintsFan Well-Known Member

This will sound bitter but it's not meant to be.

However why did you guys get invited in but not us or fulham? Didn't we both beat you in the academy leagues last year? Not bitter just genuinely want to know the criteria!

5. SpursLegend

SpursLegend Member

What an awful attitude to have. We played in this last year and the lads clearly gained a huge amount from it. I think we can go all the way in this. Reached the semi-finals last year but got punished for playing a player who was under the minimum age and voluntarily left the tournament.