1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Youth players

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Ze, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

A few months ago, I would have compiled a list of youth players and given a nice assessment on them all. Now, I can't be bothered.

Anyway, to escape the rumours of transfers, debating of who's the best player etc.. etc.. Shall we just talk about our Youth players and what we make of them all?

Personally out of current crop of U18s and Reserves I think the following players will come through:
    Suso,
    Flanagan,
    Robinson,
    Sterling,
    Morgan (Not sure how long he'll stay though, depends on how he adjusts),
    Coady,
    Wisdom,
    Gulacsi.

How long? I'm not too sure, but I wouldn't expect to see any of them next season, Flanagan, Robinson and Coady perhaps. The rest may get some cup time, but again we have plenty of squad players who'll want to get game time then.

Who do you think will come through, and do you see any gems in the Academy I haven't mentioned?

2. Eds

Eds Member

Add:

Shelvey
    (Spearing)
    Kelly
    Wilson
    Ayala
    Pacheco
    Amoo
    Ince

to the list, as well.

Out of that lot, there is definitely potential for quite a few to make appearances this season. I could see Shelvey (although would much, much prefer he went out on loan), Spearing, Pacheco, Kelly, Robinson, Coady and Flanagan all getting games.

Good thread. Our youth really is excellent nowadays.

3. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

I didn't add Kelly, Spearing, Shelvey because in my books they've already made it. Flanagan and Robinson still have a little way to go though.

Wilson, I'm still not sure about. He had lots of promise when he came and I wanted him at the back, but he hasn't fulfilled any of it in the short time he's been here and in the games he's played. It could be due to his lack of chances, I don't know.

Ayala has impressed on loan definetly, but in pre-season he was terrible against Hull.

Pacheco, again I was so sure he'd make it. Now? Not so sure..

Ince will go to Blackpool unfortunately, just like Bruna did.

Amoo was on loan last season, and Milton Keynes and Hull fans didn't rate him at all.

I'd love to see all those players come through, but I'm not so sure Ince, Amoo and Pacheco will.

4. KingPepeReina.

KingPepeReina. Active Member

I reckon,Ince,Amoo,Pacheco and Ayala will depart.They haven't progressed to the necessary standard,I also reckon Nathan Eccleston is more less gone too.
    There just seems to be better players in the under 18s and even the under 16s.Some of last years under 16s are going to be promoted to the under 18s,some of the under 18s are going to be promoted to the reserves ie Raheem Sterling who is too good for the under 18s and Conor Coady.

5. terrifictraore

terrifictraore Well-Known Member

Seems a shame about pacheco as he was so different to our usual style of players. Also stil not convinced about morgan, don't know why, just not.

6. redconn

redconn Active Member

Silva looks quite a prospect

7. KingPepeReina.

I thought at the beginning Morgan was far too heavy footed and in a way was like Neil Mellor.But he came on leaps and bounds and he turned in a hot streak when he scored something like 24 goals in 13 games,he scored in 13 consecutive games.I reckon Morgan has more of a chance of progressing than Ngoo has
    Pacheco,I thought at one stage that he would be eventually heir apparent to Yossi Benayoun,but he hasn't done it for me,when he plays he disappears,I don't think he has the physical strength for Liverpool,the likes of Flanagan,Coady and Robinson and Kelly do have it.

8. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

I like the look of the new lad that has been on trial (may of signed by now i think?)

His name is Nacho (or something very similar, correct me if im wrong?)

Scored a beauty on his debut <ok>

9. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Pacheco played well at Norwich last season but just didn't look up to speed in the friendly he played in. Coady looks a great prospect big lad aswell.

10. Eds

Eds Member

I think it's unfair to judge a player off one friendly. The Norwich fans I've spoken to were very happy with Pacheco last season, and would happily have him for another.

11. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

Doing well for Norwich doesn't mean he's going to be better for us. It just means he did well in the Championship against Championship sides. But I think he's gone the way of Babel.

I heard Ince is too much like his dad, a career player looking for what's best for Tom Ince.

Morgan does look a bit plain until he suddenly pops up exactly where he needs to be and finishes it. Could go either way. He could use a little more pace for the PL but he's a poacher like Gerd Muller or Hernandez and that's a skill in itself. If you've got good service, positioning sense and the finishing skills you don't need the pace so much.

Eccleston's just back off loan so dunno. Looked sharp t'other day but we'll see how his assessment goes.

Wilson hasn't really had his CB chances and obviously isn't ready for it. Did an average job at LB but he's not going to be a regular sub for that so he'll be back in the reserves unless we take the cash Rangers apparently offered to take him back.

Cup games and the occasional sub this season for any not being loaned or shipped apart from Flano and Robinson. I think they'll be cover for first teamers, with Coady to a lesser extent.

But a lot can change over a year at that age.

12. Eds

Eds Member

Babel "made it", though. I don't see why Pacheco can't be blooded for a season and then sold for £7/8m. That'd be a success from my point of view.

13. Ricardo Lux

Ricardo Lux Member

Robinson is a better player than Flanagan because he has more pace o cope with players such as Walcott.

He will be a star whereas Flanagan is next Stephen Darby.

Also Babel should never have been sold because the lost pace in our squad He always added that extra dimention of pace into our squad which other players could not offer.

14. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

Lennon is faster than Messi, is Lennon a better player than Messi?

15. Ricardo Lux

Ricardo Lux Member

I think you will find Messi uses his more at vital times. I would argue that Messi has a lot more pace than Lennon

Potentially Lennon could be one of the best players in the world if he used his pace to full effect

16. KingPepeReina.

Lennon has no end product and thats the difference between him and Messi.
    Lennon has no technical ablility due to the coaching he recieved.There is two options build players up to be all muscle,or turn them into greyhounds.
    Other countries concentrate soley on ball work...a lot of clubs in the UK send their players on 10 mile runs.Its stamina over skill.

17. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

Alonso is a bit slow, is he rubbish then?

Also, you've just ruined your own argument by suggesting it's not just all about pace, but how you use pace.

18. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Ze.

He's quite obviously a serial WUM, just like Schofield the manc. Both very one-dimensional at that.

19. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

I know, but I enjoy completely ruining their arguments for the **** they are <laugh>

20. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Ze.

Fair enough, Pray continue!