1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Youth Player Slams The Club

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by zelleryellow, Jun 13, 2016.

?

Should we be concerned?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    73.7%
  1. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

One man made a difference....you just said it again. I fully accept that you disagree with me, but I wish you would stop making excuses for a player that flopped and flopped badly!

2. ilovedelia

Was a double post, sorry bloody phone is so slow tonight.

3. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I said that you are very selective in your interpretations and you stick to that selectivity. This is going nowhere and must be very boring to others. Let's move on.

4. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

OK, so who would you like to see from our FA Youth Cup winning side given a chance in the first team squad next season???
    I'll start -
    Harry Toffolo
    Both Murphys (Josh if only one)
    Carlton Morris

As 1950 has said, if the others aren't going to be part of the squad, then move them on!!!

I'd also let Tony Andreu go and it look as though we're going to be lumbered with Baassong.

ilovedelia likes this.
  5. ilovedelia

Just repeating what you've written. Agree let's leave it here. :emoticon-0148-yes:

6. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

I'm happy for the manager to judge that on their performances in training and on who we have available as competition.
    Olsson is obviously still a better bet than HT, but will HT be better off as rarely used backup or a full season loan? Depends I guess on whether we view Whittaker or another signing as sufficient cover at LB?
    The Murphys I would like to see get some games, but again how many will depend on recruitment and retention of current players. In theory; Jarvis, Brady and Redmond are all ahead of them and for now likely to be better performers, but Brady and Redmond could both move on. So dependant on that and any replacements I could see at least one of them getting significant game time.
    If Morris gets game time after an average sounding loan spell in a poor division, I would see it as a recruitment failure. I reckon he needs to get at least another season playing under his belt. If we could loan him to Burton or Rotherham or another Championship side likley to be at the lower end then I think we can see where he is and hopefully get him upto speed, at least for another tilt at the champioship if we fail to go up.
    In reality though, I think the Murphys are the only ones who i think long term may have what it takes to play in the PL.

Bah!

7. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

I don't think Tettey's injury was significant, it seemed to me our performances started to improve once he became injured.

DUNCAN DONUTS, JM Fan and ilovedelia like this.
  8. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

I'm not convinced any of them are ready to start games and it really depends who else we sign / let go, but I thinck Toffolo is probably the one has shown the most promise and he plays in a position that we have very little strength in depth. Having said that it would also depend on who we played at CB alongside him.

I would like to see McGandles, Maddison & Thompson to given a chance ahead of players from our FA Youth Cup winning team.

9. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Good summary General and if Morris isn't going to get game time, then I agree he should be loaned as you say, so that NA can see how he dares against Championship opposition.

I agree carrow and of course we also have Vadis in the squad, so I'd like to see him getting some match time as well.

10. General Melchett

Why would Neil Adams care about how he dares? Unless he's loaned to Oldham of course!

Bah!

11. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I think that if AN agreed with that, he would have offered O'Neil a two year contract.

As for the younger players, IMO, the Murphys have the best chance to break into the first team as impact subs initially and then as occasional starters, especially if Brady leaves. Whittaker being retained may make it harder for Toffolo and Thompson's chances may depend on whether Tettey stays. Morris' situation will depend on what other striker(s) we sign, as he might be seen as an option from the bench if we're chasing the game.

12. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Hah, brain working faster than fingers. should have been 'how he fares' and until it's confirmed otherwise, NA is in charge of our loanees isn't he????

13. General Melchett

I'll kind of give you that, all though who knows what he really does in his rather shoehorned position?

Bah!

JM Fan likes this.
  14. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Smiles and collects his money! <ok>

15. General Melchett

How very cynical young master Dave! :emoticon-0150-hands:emoticon-0164-cash::1980_boogie_down:

Bah!

JM Fan and canary-dave like this.
  16. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I think I've sussed ILD out, it's all done for effect!

please log in to view this image

17. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

Argu (e) ment! <grr>

18. ilovedelia

Once again you've made your self look a twat...isn't that what this site exists for, expressing opinions.

19. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

Just a joke wasn't it? We haven't lost the ability to laugh at ourselves have we?

wi-exile and canary-dave like this.
  20. ilovedelia

**** knows, just getting fed up with everything I post NOT being debated just slagged off!