1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Youth Player Slams The Club

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by zelleryellow, Jun 13, 2016.

?

Should we be concerned?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    73.7%
  1. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

Let's not go chasing another Scottish has been please ! No offence BHeart.

Canary Spring and DUNCAN DONUTS like this.
  2. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Well I think RBF hit the nail on the head, not that you'd agree, it doesn't suit your agenda!

3. ilovedelia

That doesn't ........<laugh>

4. 1950canary

1950canary Well-Known Member

His contribution was not awful - it was average. Twice he was made Norwich MOM in the paper I read and I cannot recall a game when he was our worst player. Now I fully accept that Reporters, Pundits, Managers, Ex-Players etc don't know as much about the game as us supporters but I doubt that any of them would agree with your opinion of Naismith but all I am suggesting is that it would be wise to wait and see how he performs next year before condemning him to the scrapheap. I certainly agree with RBF that spending £8m on one player cannot do much to stave off relegation - ask Newcastle.

RiverEndRick likes this.
  5. ilovedelia

I don't have any option but to wait until next season, but as I said before I'm not holding my breath. What I can't understand or accept is how some posters believe that it's okay to spend that amount on one player while we were in the premiership only to HOPE he's better in a lower division.

6. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Don't go pointing the finger at who's fault it was either.

ilovedelia likes this.
  7. 1950canary

I can only hope, presume or feel that he will play well next year - I cannot guarantee it. I do suspect, however, that even if he does become our star performer you will never forgive him for not somehow in 11 games, single handedly, save us from relegation last season. Are you seriously suggesting that spending £8m on a player should guarantee success in any team in any league?

RiverEndRick likes this.
  8. ilovedelia

No I'm not suggesting that at all but wasn't he bought in as part of that team to play his part in saving us from going down. If you were there for the last few home games ( I presume you were) then you can't deny his contribution was poor at best and spent an embarrassing amount of time throwing himself to the ground instead of trying to win the ball or getting forward etc, If he does well then I will applaud him as all good supporters should, but, I'm not convinced he will be any better. Time will tell.

9. 1950canary

I would be a bit kinder and say he was poor at worst. IMO, for what it is worth, once we were involved in a 4 way survival fight with 3 far bigger Clubs I feared the worst and do not think that any £8m player would have saved us especially when we lost Klose to injury. According to reports Townsend played out of his skin for Newcastle and they still went down. At least we are agreed that time will tell on Naismith.

10. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Your Newcastle analogy is very valid here, £12m each for Townsend and Shelvey - and what good did it do them?
    Of course, you could well argue that a large chunk of Naismith's fee was offset by getting shot of Grabban for a good price. But nobody has, so pretend I never mentioned it ;) <laugh>

RiverEndRick likes this.

11. ilovedelia

We all know it was your fault. Tit. <laugh>

12. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I agree 1950, but that won't stop others for blaming him for our relegation. Your point about Klose is also very true, as he was getting better and making us look better with each game he played. Losing him to injury, we also lost a lot of confidence and that affected the whole team. Naismith had little playing time when he came to us in January, but he'll now have the pre-season to prepare and can hit the ground running when the season starts. As you say, time will tell.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    Russ Martin 2 likes this.
  13. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

Blaming him for our relegation? Who's doing that for Heaven's sake?

I'm sure we all want him to succeed, he still has a lot to prove though, and It's not unreasonable to say so. I'm sure none of us would care for another £8 mil flop. The previous one was soon sent packing!

DUNCAN DONUTS, ilovedelia and JM Fan like this.
  14. ilovedelia

In one breath you're saying that we shouldn't expect one man (Naismith) to save us from relegation, and in the next your saying that Klose would have made that difference. Make your mind up.

KIO and DUNCAN DONUTS like this.
  15. ilovedelia

Just for the record, I haven't said I 'blame' him or 'hate' him, I just don't think he was up to the job and still don't.

KIO likes this.
  16. 1950canary

Sorry to be pedantic but ' up to what job' ?

17. ilovedelia

Resorting to being a pedant.....the job he was employed to do for us, play football, operate behind the striker, score a few goals etc. Is there enough there for you to pick through and find fault?

18. RiverEndRick

What I was actually saying was that Klose did make a difference until his injury. After that, on top of Tettey's injury, we were struggling much more in defence, which made Naismith's job as an AM that much more difficult.

19. ilovedelia

So one man DID make a difference, your words above. Naismith didn't, my words!

20. RiverEndRick

You're very selective in your interpretations, ILD, but what I said was that in a relegation scrap the defence looms larger because of the situation in the PL. Survival is built from the back, which necessarily imposes limitations on the attacking players, Naismith included. It was a problem all season until Klose arrived and settled in. During that period we played with more confidence. When he was injured, we didn't. It's as simple as that.