1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your Worst Home Game

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Resurgam, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Rubik's Tube

Rubik's Tube Member

0-0 against West Brom in our promotion year 2004. Admittedly it was a valuable point, but I took my new girlfriend (now wife) who was determined to understand why i enjoyed football.

We had been scoring for fun and playing great football until that match... it was DULL and the winter weekday evening was freezing. She had to borrow my friends gloves to stop her fingers freezing solid (she still asks why I didn't give her mine!) and she has never watched a minute of football since!

2. Dazz19

Dazz19 Active Member

To be honest I only left because I was getting a lift with someone and without any warning he got up with five minutes to go, said 'F*** this' and walked off and I very sheepishly followed.

My girlfriend has only ever been to one game. We were playing Liverpool, she read the lion, the witch and the wardrobe through the whole 90 minutes and didn't even look up when we scored. She now only takes an interest in the score so she knows what sort of mood I'll be in when I get home after a game.

3. Northamptonncfc

Northamptonncfc Well-Known Member

The game at the Hawthorns? Only fun bit was some local guy going mental at people about parking on the street.

4. Northamptonncfc

Northamptonncfc Well-Known Member

I always find there is a bit of an atmosphere but occasionally you don't notice it, then 'Boom' it kicks off right in front of you, worst is when it kicks off beside you it's blatant that your in the way there is a chance your going to get smacked or involved if you keep standing in the same spot, so you decide to move out of the melee, but you can always guarantee the person blocking your escape route is some 25 stone Water Buffalo.

Old fashioned away days. I take it you lot were driving? Out of all of my away days Luton stands out as the biggest **** tip.

5. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

I missed the Colchester show so cannot include that.

For me it was Forest beating us 6-2! It was not like we had a bad team, we didn't!

Roy Keane scored that night <wah>

[video=youtube;AXfLnecf2sE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXfLnecf2sE[/video]

6. ThaiCanary

In case the above video has depressed you, this one should cheer you up <ok>

[video=youtube;RisWyw4yYhw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RisWyw4yYhw&amp;feature=related[/video]

7. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

i remember seeing us lose 0-4 at home to fulham in the cup 13 years ago - that was the most depressed i've ever been at a football match. totally and utterly outclassed by a team who had just come up from the league below us. the scoreline flattered us enormously as well. the forest 2-6 above stands out for me too, but the colchester game was too surreal to be taken seriously at the time. that result didn't hit me until long after the game. cheltenham at home 0-3 in the league cup was about as bad as it gets, baring in mind they'd only been a league team for 1 match...

8. ThaiCanary

That was so bad I had forgotten about it <laugh> That was such an inept performance that night!

Other days/nights that could be included are.....

Norwich City 0-2 Stockport Co
    Poor Darren Kenton playing as a left back (was a right back) got torn to bits all afternoon. Poor kid got booed off but it wasn't his fault, he was told to play in a position where he simply could not play.

Norwich City 1-3 Man Utd
    Effectively saw us out of the PL title race that season.

Norwich City 0-4 Wimbledon
    And that was also the half time score - I admit, I left at half time. It was woeful!