1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your Thoughts Please

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Resurgam, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

Well.... you've seen us off 2 - 0.

I realise most of you would have expected to beat us, but was it as easy as some of you may have thought?

Did we play well?
    How do you think we'll do?
    Will we still be here next season?
    What did you think of our support?

All thoughts and answers greatly received.

2. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I think you should have tried harder, but I would think that.

3. UIR - Kagawa Powa

UIR - Kagawa Powa New Member

Norwich were good today. Missed some great chances and could of took something from the game.

However, against United if you dont take your chances or you take your eye off the ball for a second then you will be punished and it was the case today. Not the best United game so far but 3 points none the less.

We need Vidic back, Norwhich can be happy with the performance at least today.

4. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

To say I am a little disappointed to not have come away with a point or more speaks volumes for how far we have come. In L1 2 seasons ago, and at this part of the season only breaking in to the top half!

To go to Old Trafford against any Man Utd team and creating the numbers of chances we did makes us Canaries feel so proud. Shame we did not emulate those wonderful days of the late 80's when a trip to the TOD would reap 3 points for us.

Having said that, I have no complaints. Utd put us under a lot of pressure and unless we took out chances we were never going to hold out for a full game. So well done Red Devils, you did enough to get the points but you also boosted our confidence that we can survive this first season back in the PL <ok>

5. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

If Pilkington didn't miss that huge chance I think we would be talking about a 1-1 draw.

Norwich gave a good account of themselves, Utd looked off colour.

6. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

1)Norwich played fantastic today and were very unlucky to lose because Pilkington should have scored 2 today for your team.

2)I think your team will do fine if you continue to play like you did today.

3) My 2nd point applies to this because if you continue to play as well throughout the season as you did today then you will not be relegated.

4) I watching it on the tele and you could hear the away support throughout the match and a massive credit to them.

Good luck for the season ahead <ok>

7. Manobear

Manobear I love cheeseburgers

Well IMO, if Norwich scored they would have seen an United onslaught, and would have been extremely lucky with a 1-1 draw. Just my opinion.

But 100% agree about the second part.

8. MUFCOK

MUFCOK Active Member

No it wasn't as easy as I thought. I thought after our poor performance against Basel we would look to bounce back in style and especially shore up the defence. However in my opinion we were even worse. No disrespect but I can fathom conceding 3 goals in Europe but we could have conceded 3 today and against a newly promoted side, that shouldn't be happening if we want to win the league.

United were poor today. Rooney and Hernandez looked off colour, Park looked unfit as did Fletcher, Nani and Anderson did ok. The defence was just as bad. Leaving space all over the show. We did it against Arsenal when they should have scored 5, Chelsea should have scored 5, Basel should have scored 5 and Norwich today should have had about 3. We are really missing Vidic and we need to shore up our defence NOW.

Norwich played with no fear though and were brilliant.

Take nothing away from Norwich though they were terrific. 2-0 definitely flattered us and they should have had a point.

I think Norwich will still be fighting relegation this season, just as Blackpool were. Up to now I have no idea if they will survive on attitude and fighting spirit alone. It looked good for Blackpool up until January until their lack of real quality and experience shown.

I hope you do survive though. Norwich are a good club, even if you are run by a clown, with decent support and hopefully Ipswich can join you as well. That is a derby that is needed in the Premier League.

9. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions. Nice to see not all of you wear red tinted specs.
    Will be 'interesting' - and I use the word very loosely - to hear what the so called experts on MOTD say tonight

10. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Was driving so didn't see the match, but from the 5live commentary 2-0 seemed to flatter us and Norwich could well have come away with a point. Then again, I think there was a difference in the quality of finishing - Norwich missed their best chances whilst Utd took theirs.

As Alan says, if you play like that every week you'll stay up. But then we've said that about many teams before, notably Blackpool last season, and it's always a big 'if'.

11. Gazautd

Gazautd Active Member

Thing is a lot of teams save they're best performance for United.If your team keeps the same attitude towards the rest of the season they should be challenging for Europe.

12. MUFCOK

MUFCOK Active Member

Why what do you think the pundits will say? I expect they will say that Norwich deserved a point but their finishing let them down. I think in the case of Pilkington's chance he couldn't believe his luck, he probably bottled it in fairness but considering he was a League 1 player last season you can't blame him. He must have been ****ting himself.

13. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

Depends who is on the sofa tonight. dixon is normally pretty fair, but hansen and lawenson...........

I can see them now......... Norwich turned up. Now onto somebody else. <laugh>

14. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Shearer called it pretty fair tbh - Norwich defended well and created chances, but decision making and finishing let them down. Ultimately, when you come to OT or Stamford Bridge or any top club you often have to do well to create chances, and if you don't take those chances you are likely to go home with nothing.

15. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

Isnt that the same with any team in the prem though?
    If you dont take the chances you can and invariably will get punished.

Thanks for the kind and honest words about our performance today though.

Good luck for the rest of the season, apart from when you visit us of course. <ok> <cheers>

16. Ra

Ra Member

Fergie put the brakes on full attacking and free-scoring mode and Norwich could have taken their chances for a point or upset.

17. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

I've watched you on a few occasions this season, first against Chelsea and then against Sunderland. In the Chelsea game you played realy well, you realy had a go, and had some good chances, whilst Chelsea probably deserved the win, you made them work for it. Against Sunderland Monday night, you played realy well, and fully deserved the 3 points.

Today at OT again you played well, and on the balance of play could have had a couple of goals, but you didnt take your chances, the decision making was poor, and the shooting wasn't great. Having said that you created the opportunities which is more than most teams do when they go to OT.

There are a few teams that look worse than You at the moment, Blackburn, Bolton and WBA look like they're going to struggle, whilst Wigan look shocking. Swansea haven't done badly, but I do feel they are weaker than you guys also, I expect you will be down there, but I do feel you will survive, just :biggrin:

18. Jason Hudson

Jason Hudson Member

Hows Ritchie de Laet been for you lot? Obviously couldn't play yesterday, has he been a regular though? Didn't look like you missed him too much if he is!