1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your thoughts on Eliot Richards

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Richards is also out of contract with us at the end of the season. If we offer him a new deal and he rejects it then whoever signs him will have to pay us a fee as he is under 24 and home grown coming through our youth system. If a fee cannot be agreed then it will go to a tribunal who will have the final say on the amount we will get.

Richards scored his 1st goal for Exeter at the weekend. Here is the goal........ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0GPogDz9hQ

Exeter manager Tisdale yesterday said: "We've gone four games unbeaten, we've got a fabulous new player in our team in Eliot Richards and we've got players back in form." http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26228147

1) Do you think it was a mistake letting Richards go? Obviously if we didnt then we wouldnt have got Gow!
    2) Who got the better deal, us or Exeter?
    3) Do you think Richards will be offered a new deal?
    4) If so, do you think he will accept a new deal?
    5) If it goes to a tribunal, how much do you think he is worth?

2. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Offer Richards one last contract. Yes it was a mistake IMO as he offers more than Gow currently offers, especially in this formation Ward is using. Exeter certainly got the better deal. I imagine he is feeling pissed off with the club right now

3. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Doesn't bother me to be honest he's done well this season and definitely by far his best IMO he can be easily replaced

4. A Matter Of Time

A Matter Of Time Well-Known Member

I was was surprised that Richards went to Exeter as part of the deal, but I disagree with Chris (sorry!). Gow is a terrific player at this level; older, but still technically gifted. We got a great deal IMO.

5. Chris-Gashead

I can only go by what I have seen AMOT and so far gow hasn't done a whole lot. I guess I am just cynical after hearing similar things about gill, clarkson, Kenneth etc etc only for them to turn out crap. Hopefully he does turn out to be a major part of our squad though. God knows we could really so with a quality goal scoring player right about now

6. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

I think we should be looking to keep Eliot, I rate him and think that he could do well for us. I'm just disappointed in the way that JW has set the team up - I honestly don't think we'll see the best from our attack minded players (goal machine JJOT excepted) until we get a new manager in.

Eliot's goal for Exeter at the weekend was excellent. I wouldn't like to see him stay at Exeter over us.

7. A Matter Of Time

A Matter Of Time Well-Known Member

Agreed, we definitely need a striker who can actually score goals on a regular basis. That's what we've been lacking. Richards is a talent player, but he's not consistent enough for me, although like you Baldee I hope he stays rather than join Exeter.

8. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Still don't get the whole Richards situation a player who has never been popular on the OS forum then all of sudden he's the best player we've ever had. Agree with AMOT he is inconsistent maybe a move away from us will benefit his career.

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

thing is richards is a striker but has played most of his games out wide out of position. the same goes for harrision and now gow. even bluebaldees favourite all time gas player ;) riordan was played out of position. if richards was played up front in his favoured position then maybe he could reach his full potential. they need to be given a chance in their natrual position.

richards scored at the weekend and made an assist last night. i cant see richards wanting to sign with us again if we continue to play him out wide and if exeter is offering him a place up front where he wants to play.

if we play richards up front, do you think he will get 20 plus goals for us? although he has the talent, i can see him banging in the goals regularly.

10. Chris-Gashead

Richards would possibly score us 15-20 in a season, if up front alongside a good quality strike partner, and JJOT behind them, and a couple of good quality wingers to provide assists

11. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

We should definitely keep Richards. Hopefully he'll get his confidence back at Exeter and he'll fulfill his potential at Rovers.

12. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

I think he needs to play in the hole behind the strikers. He's a clever player who's done well wherever he's played.