1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your team this weekend???

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by swimaway, Oct 10, 2011.

1. swimaway

swimaway Well-Known Member

for the record... I reckon....

Vorm
    Angel,Williams,Monk, Taylor
    Allan, Britton
    Dyer Routledge Sinclair
    Graham

but the Welsh game tomorrow might have something to say about that (I hope not)

2. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

Vorm
    Angel,Williams,Monk, Taylor
    Dyer, Allan, Britton, Sinclair
    DOBBIE
    Graham

3. Samuel l JACKson

Vorm
    Angel Williams Monk Taylor
    Dyer Britton Gower Sinclair
    Routledge Graham

Alan to be rested.

4. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

dobbie wont start , we need much better and as we have that then its very doubtful he will ever start a game. he is a back up player that will come on as a sub....as and when

5. jackdan

jackdan Member

Vorm
    Rangel, Williams, Monk, Taylor
    Dyer, Britton, Allen, Agustien (fit from injury if not Routledge???), Sinclair
    Graham

6. Hit The Road

Hit The Road Member

Can't see Dobbie starting away from home. He's better suited to all out attack at home anyway but even then the poor bugger scores 3 in 2 for the reserves and can't get a start at home either! Other than that, team will be as Sam says above. Allen worked hard out in Sofia tonight.

Dai - are you a professional in trying to wind people up? "..we need much better and as we have that then its very doubtful he will ever start a game"

Routledge better than Dobbie? 104 games with zero goals for an attacking midfielder tells me otherwise. Imo it's he that should be on the bench, particularly at home. Whilst he is a pacey, busy player he poses absolutely no goal threat. Had my say before on other threads so it's pointless going over old ground but for you to say we "have better" than Dobbie is just wrong imo.

Please, no insults this time if you reply.

7. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

Vorm ..Rangel , Williams , , Monk , Taylor .... Dyer , Allen , Britton , Dobbie , Sinclair .... Graham ... without a doubt !!

8. Hit The Road

Hit The Road Member

I wouldn't be displeased with that lineup Breezey but I don't see it. Dobbie unlikely to get the nod away from home imo. Also, for me playing Allen and Britton together makes us too lightweight (I mean short!) in midfield. But without Agustien we may not have a choice right now.

9. Nottage Jack

Nottage Jack Member

Damn those FA rule about playing with a hard cast , otherwise I would go for Tate,Tate,Tate,Tate,Tate,Tate,Tate,Tate,Tate,Tate, and Dobbie (just to wind Dai up !!)

Seriously , I would go for:
    Vorm
    Routledge Graham

Joe to start on bench (just due to his running in the International...let's not make him play a 90minuter, but to come on if not 1/2 time by 60th minute for Gower (or britton if back plays up). Gower to start as he needs to make a point just to make up for a poor performance against Stoke, which I know he can.

Would like to see Dobbie to come on for at least 20 minutes as well.

10. swanseaandproud

my team would be....Vorm
    Routledge Graham

lita on for grayham if he is having a bad game........dobbe can be the water carrier to make him feel wanted...;)

11. Hit The Road

Hit The Road Member

Yes, that's right. Keep up your nonsensical vendetta against a player you've never liked since day 1 despite him scoring the crucial goals that got us into the Final last season and ultimately putting in a display that contributed significantly to delivering Prem football to our Club. Show some ****ing respect, man.<doh>

Dobbie probably won't start and maybe not even get a kick on Saturday and it'll be Routledge again. Goals galore. NOT!

12. mustyfrog

no comment Dai

13. Hit The Road

Hit The Road Member

Oh go on, musty. <laugh>

14. mustyfrog

you are tempting me Aussie but no, Dobbie as water boy amuses me

15. mustyfrog

Routledge as a goal scorer amuses me more

16. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

Dai saying we would never get to the Premier with Jenkins at the helm still makes me giggle a little .... just a little though dai .. cheers !

17. Samuel l JACKson

Wayne 'Goal' Droughtledge has a better work rate and seems to get back and support the midfield more than Dobbie, however for all his running he just does not score..

As for Dobbie - the only reason i have for not including him for this (and other away) game is that he does not protect the ball when in possession and gets knocked off the ball when being challenged. It seems he still has the mentality of an out and out striker (which he is not).. However i firmly believe he has a position within our squad and will score goals for us this season.

18. mustyfrog

goals v running like a chook with its head chopped off - i prefer goals

19. swimaway

swimaway Well-Known Member

Sorry Musty but that jobs already gone, Dai already voluinteered himself as waterboy a few weeks ago in a seperate thread. Dobbie warms the bench.... Dai gets the H2O or I will get the union involved.

Dobbie needs game time and I believe he will prove himself invaluable this year. I remember the soundbites from the club pre-season about him going in for extra training etc. I hope he hasn't let his head drop as he will play at some point....I just doubt it will be starting tomorrow after the Stoke performance (but who knows what BR has seen in the 2 weeks training whilst the internationals have been going on?)

20. swanseaandproud

we would never have got to the premiership if changes were not made cracker, you should be thanking Morgan and the board for over ruling Jenkins and backing the manager...Fact...and about time too, <ok> one day you might just realise what goes on at the club, prattley and dorus should tell you that i was telling you the facts.<party><party><party>