1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your Promotion Chances

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Kifflom!, May 28, 2016.

1. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Greetings you lot. I can't remember ever creating a thread here but I was watching Sky earlier and some football analyst professor from Liverpool University was saying that next season even the bottom club in the Prem will get £200 Million if you include parachute payments. I think that's ridiculous if true because it's bound to make the Championship (which I think is an excellent league) inherently unfair. I know that if we were still in the Championship I wouldn't be happy about it.

Of course from the Swans point of view it would be great if the unthinkable happens.

Agree? Don't agree? Don't care?

2. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

im afraid football is just a show piece for wasted monies in a totally inflated false economy.........shame football was once a working mans game, but we let big business in so we are paying the price for the soul less tripe these over paid pricks dish out wk in wk out.....<ok>.....so you can keep your monies im more than happy for Cardiff city 2 start up under a different name in non league if needs be <ok>

by the way how will the ttip deal and the in/out vote with Europe effect your/our relationship with football clubs with foreign ownership.......

3. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

I think many footie fans feel the same way Aber. It's a sad state of affairs when fans feel further away from their club than ever before, and some of our own posters have said the same thing.

TTIP is an abomination. Agreed behind closed doors between unelected commissioners and foreign corporates, with the threat of prosecution hanging over anyone who tells their electorate what's in the damn thing. It's not undemocratic. It's anti-democratic. If we don't Brexit it's coming to all of us, and god knows what the ramifications will be. But it seems to me that the same people who are anti-TTIP want us to remain. I don't get that at all.

4. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

PL football clubs due to the money are all more or less becoming franchises like the IPL with little or no connection to the cities and town their represent. All the extra money will mean these clubs have to pay more wages to vastly overrated players.

What it means is relegated PL teams in the future have a serious problem if they get relegated and cant offload players.

If we didnt have a billionaire owner even with the parachute payments I think at a minimum wed have gone into complete freefall.

PL teams are going to up their wage bills and that brings massive risks.

I dont see any issues for the Championship.

Relegated teams in the Championship who cant go straight back up could hit bigger problems than Portsmouth. (we have been very lucky)

5. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Very true Hilts. While VT has upset many over the years, he hasn't dumped us and maybe his choice of Slade to correct some of his predecessors' wrongs was a reasonable move despite the lack of inspiration and excitement on the pitch. That explains his recent move upstairs until he can find a new managerial role. A loyalty reward from VT.

VT didn't earn his money without being financially shrewd and looking after those who do his bidding well.

Over to Trollope to move us up to the next level we hope.

6. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

With the " Silly Money " being given the Premier League these days , it would be a good time to return some of the stolen " TV money " ( 50% ) taken from the lesser leagues when the Premier League took the entire 100 % .Just my opinion

7. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

This season pointed to the possible shape of things to come. I pointed out at the start of the season that both Hull and Burnley had broken the traditional 'burn it all down' relegation method of sacking a previously successful manager and panic buying players in the PL Jan window. QPR used the tried and trusted method.
    Both the successful clubs managers and squads were kept together and hey presto PL status is regained first attempt. If more PL clubs follow the stability model then more will surely return at the first time of asking.