1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

your new signing

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by TycochSwan, Jun 17, 2013.

1. TycochSwan

TycochSwan Member

Dirk Kuyt......I hear

Discuss :)

2. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

You heard wrong.

3. blue in belfast

Reveal your source

4. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Nah he got it wrong that was last weeks silly season quip, I think he needs to ketchup

<laugh>

5. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

CCFC forum is where the rumour was floated, i'd be shocked if we signed him.

i see you think you will sign roberto soldado, yes, thats right he'll go to swansea ahead of the likes of tottenham hotspur <laugh>

6. TycochSwan

TycochSwan Member

my source is someone who works at kings monkton who said he has enrolled his kids there.

Now I don't believe it myself he must be commanding wages if 80k+ and is the wrong age.

But I thought it would pass it on, it's a cracking player to be linked with, not many pro footballers have their ears on their chin!

:cool:

7. john hughs

john hughs banned

Any , any old.iorn , any old iorn ...............................................

8. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

apologies Tycoch, your info may well be correct but i hope not, no-one wants these sorts of players any more, especially with FFP.

as you said he is on probably double the maximum wage here. also, why would he want to go to CCFC? why would a player like that want to be scrapping at the lower end of the table next year, in all likelyhood?

9. TycochSwan

TycochSwan Member

I totally agree swamp, if I was the fan of a club being linked with him I wouldn't be happy, now don't get me wrong when he was at LPool he scored goals, and quite often winning goals. But he had quality service there from the likes of gerrard, which isn't something he would get at your club at the same level, how would he get on as a poacher?

Wrong age, wrong wages, wrong type of signing. It's not something that I think would excite your fans, if anything it would leave a lot of intrigue into how much he is earning and at hi age (not looked into it but he must be 30+) is he worth the risk of bringing him back to the prem?

Interesting to see what happens, but like I said I don't see you signing him, Carlton Cole is more likely who I actually met last week in a lounge in London Heathrow, very nice bloke! And a hell of a unit.

10. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Tycoch - haven't read much about Kuyt this past year since he left Liverpool, so undecided as to his value in the squad at the moment. If he wanted that sort of wage level mentioned at his age on say a 2 year deal, then forget it.

On the other hand, he was Mr. Duracell man and a 100% trier for a few years at Anfield. If that were the current situation, he'd fit Malky's player profile to the tee. Kuyt and Gunnar could be a driving force down the centre/right side and would push back many an opposition defence and allow the likes of Campbell and Maynard space.

I'd take him in our first season up there for his proven pedigree as a Dutch international and Prem level experience, but would be unhappy if the fee and wages were anything like those suggested - there're better options for that sort of dosh.

11. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

VT has said he wouldn't break the bank for any player and a wage structure is in place. However, we do not know the level of funds earmarked for wages and 25 million is earmarked for transfers (does that include wages?) Kuyt won't come cheap but if he wants away from Turkey would he take a drop in pay?

12. The Exile

The Exile Member

He has scored 10 goals in 40 games for Fenerbahce. Is that what we are looking for? How good is the Turkish football league?

13. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Taff - I think the 25 million thing is a bit of a red herring. We've finally got there and there's too much at stake for Tan to allow us to drop back down.

To come out with "Malky will have £25M for players" was a soundbite at the time. Whilst being no mug, I believe VT will fund our retention of Premier League status to whatever level it takes within reason.

He's got deep pockets and has not been afraid to dip into them up till now - he won't let this opportunity pass.

14. Sayer77

Sayer77 Active Member

They are making Goonies 2 so he is going to be filming next season