1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your Guide To The Conference

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A bit more colour :grin:

2. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

That's got to be the least amount friendlies we've had in a while hasn't it?

3. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

How about we keep this thread sticky and then we can add the results after each game I'm always losing track of who we are playing :emoticon-0148-yes:

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

good idea with adding the results. could add columns to add names of goal scorers and assist. no point adding attendance as that will be done on the attendance prediction league <ok>

as for colour, it wont change colour or change it to bold etc. dont know why but i tried before and didnt work. <ok>

5. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

<ok>.

6. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Well, August looks a tough month anyway...

7. Ivano Bonetti GTFC

Ivano Bonetti GTFC New Member

I would just like to welcome you all to the absolute Hell that is the Football Conference!!
    I do hope you are not expecting to just waltz back into the Football League (like I was when we were relegated.... in 2010)!!
    This league is horrific, teams come and just try to kick the **** out of you, and others cheat, dive and timewaste their way through 90 mins to try and get the points or a bore 0 0 draw, the standard of football in here is abysmal, we were one of the better teams last year, and at times we were ****ing garbage!!
    But if you play too much football your players will get their legs broken by bully boy fat defenders when you play the really **** teams.
    Also expect only 20 - 40 away fans to visit you for most games, the only exceptions being Wrexham, Chester, Halifax, Nuneaton and GTFC.
    The worst supported ones are Gateshead who brought 13, and FGR who brought 17.
    Finally, if you think the Refs are ****e in League 2, they are on a different planet altogether in this league, penalties given for **** all, and players booked for diving when their legs are nearly hanging off!!
    Good luck getting out of here, you are going to need it, I expect around 800 of us will travel on the opening day, title decider 1st game eh lol.

8. Gastronomic

I think we're all prepared for pretty much everything you described! You're a big club too...our former skipper Andy Tillson played for you I think, and Craig Disley used to run the midfield down here too.

Be sure to grab a Proper Pasty when you're down here anyway. They're great! And look out for some of the local brews like Bath Ales etc...good stuff!

9. Ivano Bonetti GTFC

Ivano Bonetti GTFC New Member

Cheers, it will be nice to visit a proper ground that is not falling to bits, and that actually has some fans in it!
    Yeah Andy Tilson was one of our best, I remember him leaving to go to QPR for a big transfer when I was a kid, around 88/89 I think.
    I've actually passed through Bristol a couple of years ago, my wife's sisters lived in Cornwall and I took just a little wrong turning and next thing I knew, there was Bristol!
    You will be the big fish now that all the crappy teams are desperate to beat now that Luton have gone, double shin pads at the ready!

10. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

The grounds not to bad it at least stays up :D.The last game I can remember against Grimsby was at The Memorial Stadium back in 1997 (even though we've played each other since) where we lost 4-0 both teams finished in the Play-Offs your team going on to win promotion to the Championship now look at us both.

11. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

umm, our ground aint nothing special. i think most teams in the conference have better then us!

12. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

<ok> hopefully they will have twitter commentating!

14. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Manager on tough opening day fixture

The wait for the Conference fixture list is over and we now know we face Grimsby Town on the opening day of the season when we will, no doubt, welcome former Rovers midfielder Craig Disley back to the Memorial Stadium.

Commenting on that opening day fixture Rovers manager Darrell Clarke said; &#8220;It means we face a tough start to the season.

&#8220;Grimsby are a big club, but have struggled to regain their place in the Football League even though they have been play off semi-finalists in the last two seasons.

&#8220;As well as being a tough start, it&#8217;s a very attractive opening day fixture for us and I hope we can draw a big crowd to the Mem to see us get the season underway.

&#8220;I know their manager, Paul Hurst, very well and he has a very experienced squad at his disposal, and I think it&#8217;s a game we can all look forward to.&#8221;

The clashes with local rivals Forest Green Rovers both take place before Christmas, as we travel to the New Lawn on Bank Holiday Monday 25th August with the return fixture taking place at the Mem on Saturday 18th October 2014.

Games against Torquay take place within the space of a week, as we travel to Plainmoor on Boxing Day, 26th December, with the Gulls visiting us on New Year&#8217;s Day 2015.

Easter 2015 sees Rovers take on Chester City at the Mem on Saturday 4th April and travel to face Kidderminster Harriers two days later.

The Conference season ends on Saturday 25th April with a home game against Alfreton Town.

As far as cup competitions are concerned, we enter the FA Cup at the Fourth Qualifying Round stage (ties to be played on Saturday 25th October) and we take our place in the FA Trophy, (the first round to be played on Saturday 13th December).

Please bear in mind the fact that the fixture list is subject to change because, as soon as practical, BT Sport will be selecting their first pick of LIVE matches as part of up to 30 Football Conference Premier Division fixtures to be screened during the 2014/15 season.

15. Gastronomic

How lucrative is BT Sport for the Conference clubs?

16. Gastronomic

...I'll get this sorted because I'm living away from Bristol at the moment...

17. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

not much. i seen the figure before recently but cant remember.

18. Gastronomic

We'll probably be on more than most and I would have thought the opening game is a cert...

19. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

i been told bt sports usually play their conference games on either thursday evenings or sunday afternoon games.