1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your Formula One Fantasy

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by RoadRunner, Oct 4, 2011.

1. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Well-Known Member

You've probably seen that some of the drivers have done their "F1 Fantasy". Now here's your chance to do the same. The questions:

Q1. You must choose a city for a new Formula One street circuit - which city, anywhere in the world, do you choose and why? Sydney or Paris. Imagine going over the Harbour Bridge or around the Arc de Triomphe!

Q2. If you could choose one former world champion as your teammate, who would you choose and why? Jack Brabham cos he was a bloody nice chap!

Q3. Formula One innovations of the past - ground effect, active suspension, turbocharging, six wheels, the list goes on. If you could bring one back, which would you pick and why? Being fairly young, it's impossible to say.

Q4. What innovations would you like to see in the future? Hover cars!

Q5. You can only drive at one circuit for the rest of your life - which circuit, past or present, anywhere in the world, would you pick and why? Montreal. It's located on an island in the middle of a river and has a lake in the middle! And you can only race on it for one month each year because of Canada's weird weather!

Q6. Which former team, such as Maserati and Alfa Romeo, would you most liked to have raced with and why? Minardi or Toyota. Don't ask why about Toyota.

Q7. You have to design a new F1 circuit, combining all your favourite corners from around the world. Which three corners would you choose and why? Eau Rouge, Swimming Pool, Stowe. Impossible to imagine all of them on the same circuit though.

Q8. What current F1 regulation would you most like to change and why? Drs use for 2 minutes for the whole race to use whenever you feel like it.

Q9. If you could pick two F1 greats of the past from different eras to watch race against each other, who would you choose? Brabham v Prost

Q10. If you were a team boss, which current driver would you pick first for your team? Jenson Button or Robert Kubica

Q11. Just 19 of the world's motor racing circuits feature on the calendar. You can add just one more. Which would you pick? Bathurst.

Q12. You are having a dinner party and can invite 4 people from the world of motorsport, past or present? Who do you choose? Bernie Eccelstone, Christian Horner, Helmut Marko, Martin Whitmarsh. Then I'll make them eat my cooking, hehe...

Q13. You are given the chance to drive any legendary car from the past. Which do you pick? I'd be stoked to drive any F1 car, even if it was that bucket-of bolts bolted to the bottom of last year's championship.

Q14. If you could add one thing to your teams motorhome, such as a swimming pool or bowling alley, what would you choose? A life-size foosball table FTW!!

Q15. Imagine you have just won the world title. Where do you go for your celebratory meal and what do you have? McDonalds.

2. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

Q1. You must choose a city for a new Formula One street circuit - which city, anywhere in the world, do you choose and why?
    New York (Manhattan), it would be awesome to have a race through the skyscrapers and Central Park. Or Rio de Janeiro because it is such an epic city.
    Q2. If you could choose one former world champion as your teammate, who would you choose and why?
    Jim Clark or Jackie Stewart because Senna would just want you to be his bitch.
    Q3. Formula One innovations of the past - ground effect, active suspension, turbocharging, six wheels, the list goes on. If you could bring one back, which would you pick and why?
    Not really an innovation but I want V10s or V12s back.
    Q4. What innovations would you like to see in the future?
    Mario Kart style weapons and stuff. That or more data and stuff available for the viewers during a race.
    Q5. You can only drive at one circuit for the rest of your life - which circuit, past or present, anywhere in the world, would you pick and why?
    Nordschleife, impossible to master and would probably kill you at some point.
    Q6. Which former team, such as Maserati and Alfa Romeo, would you most liked to have raced with and why?
    Porsche
    Q7. You have to design a new F1 circuit, combining all your favourite corners from around the world. Which three corners would you choose and why?
    A F1 circuit with only three corners? That would be a bit crap
    Q8. What current F1 regulation would you most like to change and why?
    Set amount of KERS and DRS usage for the whole race but drivers can use it when they want
    Q9. If you could pick two F1 greats of the past from different eras to watch race against each other, who would you choose?
    Senna v Clark
    Q10. If you were a team boss, which current driver would you pick first for your team?
    Alonso, and then Button
    Q11. Just 19 of the world's motor racing circuits feature on the calendar. You can add just one more. Which would you pick?
    Nordschleife!!! Or; Potrero de los Funes, Montjuïc circuit, Kyalami. I also want the old Monza banking back.
    Q12. You are having a dinner party and can invite 4 people from the world of motorsport, past or present? Who do you choose?
    Adrian Newey and bring along Paddy Lowe, Ross Brawn and Rory Byrne with some Sodium Pentathol. <whistle>
    Q13. You are given the chance to drive any legendary car from the past. Which do you pick?
    A toss up between the Hispania F110 and the Mclaren MP4/4.
    Q14. If you could add one thing to your teams motorhome, such as a swimming pool or bowling alley, what would you choose?
    I do not have a motorhome. <wah>
    Q15. Imagine you have just won the world title. Where do you go for your celebratory meal and what do you have?
    I think a celebratory meal would be going a bit too far, I probably just switch to FIFA or someting, maybe order a pizza, watch a film perhaps.

Paul Greasley likes this.
  3. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

Q1. You must choose a city for a new Formula One street circuit - which city, anywhere in the world, do you choose and why?
    Tokyo, I read Kobayashi's version of this and he said Tokyo and it made me think.. Dude thats an awsome idea.. But im still anti street circuit!
    Q2. If you could choose one former world champion as your teammate, who would you choose and why?
    Mansell! he was my original F1 hero and I think he would be a great test to drive against. sure he will moan but he would have to put up with my moaning too!
    Q3. Formula One innovations of the past - ground effect, active suspension, turbocharging, six wheels, the list goes on. If you could bring one back, which would you pick and why?

Tough call! erm I would say bring back the fan car! that was an awesome idea!

Maybe a lax rule on fuel so it would be benifitial for a team to develop more fuel efficiant cars.
    Q5. You can only drive at one circuit for the rest of your life - which circuit, past or present, anywhere in the world, would you pick and why?
    I really love the old Hockenhiem track that was a test of max speed and how strong your car is.
    Q6. Which former team, such as Maserati and Alfa Romeo, would you most liked to have raced with and why?
    I always had a soft spot for Minardi! I always kept an eye on the positions past the top 6/8 and see how many cars need to retire for a minardi to get in the points. It actually happened a few times and was a real buzz!
    Q7. You have to design a new F1 circuit, combining all your favourite corners from around the world. Which three corners would you choose and why?
    Eau Rouge, 180R & parabolica
    In Season Testing! come on. its better than cold turkey. but maybe it should only be allowed for rookie drivers
    Q9. If you could pick two F1 greats of the past from different eras to watch race against each other, who would you choose?
    Jackie Stewart Vs Ayrton Senna! how cool would that be?
    Q10. If you were a team boss, which current driver would you pick first for your team?
    as of 2011 I guess Vettel
    Q11. Just 19 of the world's motor racing circuits feature on the calendar. You can add just one more. Which would you pick?
    South Africa
    Q12. You are having a dinner party and can invite 4 people from the world of motorsport, past or present? Who do you choose?
    Max mosely, Bernie Ecclestone, Jean Todt and Ron Dennis... Of course I wont be attending, Ill be running away with the detinator!!!!
    Q13. You are given the chance to drive any legendary car from the past. Which do you pick?
    The 1986 Lotus, Hey its old as me! =)
    Q14. If you could add one thing to your teams motorhome, such as a swimming pool or bowling alley, what would you choose?
    Are you saying it wont come with a swimming pool and bowling alley as standard? erm I dunno? =S an aeroplane?
    Q15. Imagine you have just won the world title. Where do you go for your celebratory meal and what do you have?

I guess it would be somewhere local with friends and family. Maybe Nandos XD

Paul Greasley likes this.
  4. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

London, because of GT5 hahaha.

Michael Schumacher, advice and expertise is what you need as a teammate.

v10 Engines.. Because it sounds like a massive explosion.

v10 Engines.. Because it sounds like a massive explosion.

Spa... Spa... Spa... because it is just a high speed, flowing and beautiful track to watch.. I would love to drive on it.

Alpha Romeo... just curious about the team.

Eau Rouge - The two corners before Stavelot - Turn 1-2-3 at Suzuka.

In Season Testing - Drivers and teams should have the chance to show what they are made of when 100% is put into the testing.

Lewis Hamilton - Ayrton Senna.

Michael Schumacher, genius in strategy and car know-how.

A1-ring.

Ross Brawn - Michael Schumacher - Mika Hakkinen - Fernando Alonso.

F2002.

Simulator.

Pizzahut - A pizza. hahahaha :)

5. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

My F1 fantasy involves the girls from the grid, a mud wrestling ring and a bucket of black cherry yoghurt.

6. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

This is a fun thread Guy!

Interlaken, Switzerland. - Fabulous scenery and two lakes for run off areas&#8230;

Jim Clark. I always dreamed of racing him and never had the chance. Pitting oneself against the best is the ultimate self-examination.

Active suspension makes sense for road cars and is therefore a genuine contribution from F1.

De-regulation of engine type and configuration. A simple power/torque limit (and fuel limit) would generate huge innovation and be of major benefit to road cars&#8230;

Nürburgring Nordschliefe. There is simply no greater challenge to a driver on the planet, although the original Spa Francorchamps ran it close for similar reasons. I am fortunate that I have driven it many times and I cannot think of a greater challenge, or indeed anything more likely to get the adrenalin pumping.

Aston Martin (because they deserve a better place in history and I'd loved to have helped), closely followed by Alfa Romeo to reclaim their name (The 'Ferrari' team owes its lineage to Alfa Romeo and not the other way around!).

Maggots complex (Silverstone); Park Corner to Gooseneck (Cadwell Park); Blanchimont (Spa). I love fast flowing, daunting yet technical challenges. However, in terms of importance to nail it just right (and satisfaction when you tick the box), I can think of no better example than 'Bergwerk' at the Nordschliefe; the most vital of all its 170+ corners for a fast lap.

DRS and KERS are both over-restricted. Loosen them up to give more driver discretion. Also, some driver testing for 'rookies': I understand the present restriction but it goes slightly too far and makes new blood in F1 more likely to be financially motivated.

Jim Clark v Lewis Hamilton! The youngster would learn even more than he is from Button! Oops. Hang on, you said both from the past&#8230; In that case it would have to be Clark v Nuvolari - and if Nuvo wasn't available, I'd pick Gilles Villeneuve (to compare Clark with a total loonie), Fangio (because he was the greatest of the preceding era) or Senna (because his rating from public perceptions needs to be put in perspective!).

Probably Button. Alonso and Vettel would make this a difficult decision.

In an ideal world? It would have to be Nordschliefe!

Colin Chapman; Adrian Newey; Jim Clark; Graham Hill.
    Chapman and Newey because I want to learn from their philosophies. Clark because I always wanted to meet him properly and Graham Hill because he was such fun at parties!

I've been fortunate to drive a few, even back to the Le Mans winning Blower Bentleys; but one I'd like would be the Batmobile!

No idea!

7. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

I did lol at that.

8. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

I take it you are referring to Suzuka's '130R', so named because it has an inner radius of 130 meters?

9. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Well-Known Member

I spotted that as well but 180R sounds a lot cooler :)

10. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

Q1. You must choose a city for a new Formula One street circuit - which city, anywhere in the world, do you choose and why? Don't like street circuits

Q2. If you could choose one former world champion as your teammate, who would you choose and why? Damon Hill, a true gent and a great driver

Q3. Formula One innovations of the past - ground effect, active suspension, turbocharging, six wheels, the list goes on. If you could bring one back, which would you pick and why? Ground effect, it makes cornering speeds insane

Q4. What innovations would you like to see in the future? V10 engines again

Q5. You can only drive at one circuit for the rest of your life - which circuit, past or present, anywhere in the world, would you pick and why? Spa, it's a thrilling circuit to drive, and the scenery is beautiful

Q6. Which former team, such as Maserati and Alfa Romeo, would you most liked to have raced with and why? LIFE. I want to see what it's like to drive a shopping trolley

Q7. You have to design a new F1 circuit, combining all your favourite corners from around the world. Which three corners would you choose and why? Eau Rouge, 130R and the final chicane in canada

Q8. What current F1 regulation would you most like to change and why? Fuel, i liked fuel stops, it added another degree of strategy

Q9. If you could pick two F1 greats of the past from different eras to watch race against each other, who would you choose? Ayrton Senna Vs Gilles Villeneuve

Q10. If you were a team boss, which current driver would you pick first for your team? Fernando Alonso. He's still the most complete driver on the grid.

Q11. Just 19 of the world's motor racing circuits feature on the calendar. You can add just one more. Which would you pick? Mount Panorama, Bathurst

Q12. You are having a dinner party and can invite 4 people from the world of motorsport, past or present? Who do you choose? Max Mosely, Flavio Briatore, Bernie Ecclestone, Ron Dennis. Watch the punch up's begin

Q13. You are given the chance to drive any legendary car from the past. Which do you pick? Benneton B195. lovely car

Q14. If you could add one thing to your teams motorhome, such as a swimming pool or bowling alley, what would you choose? A massive HDTV

Q15. Imagine you have just won the world title. Where do you go for your celebratory meal and what do you have? Subway.

11. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

<doh>

12. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

Dirty b'stard.... Any decent bloke would be outraged at this, because the obvious choice is Peach Melba!

13. Justjazz

Justjazz Well-Known Member

Rome. Love Italy, Hairpin around the Colosseum

Q2. If you could choose one former world champion as your teammate, who would you choose and why? Jack Brabham cos he was a bloody nice chap!
    Nikki Lauda, none so brave as he.

Q3. Formula One innovations of the past - ground effect, active suspension, turbocharging, six wheels, the list goes on. If you could bring one back, which would you pick and why? Being fairly young, it's impossible to say.
    Not sure it was and F1 innovation, but it once was an innovation, manual gear changes and clutch.

Q4. What innovations would you like to see in the future? Hover cars!
    I would like a track that twists upside down, just for a short distance, with a rubber ball pit for them to fall into if they messed up. Sorry, this is fantasy, correct?

Q5. You can only drive at one circuit for the rest of your life - which circuit, past or present, anywhere in the world, would you pick and why? Montreal. It's located on an island in the middle of a river and has a lake in the middle! And you can only race on it for one month each year because of Canada's weird weather!
    Monza, it is fast, I can speak a bit of Italian, near the Alps, good food, passion, otherwise Spa.

Q6. Which former team, such as Maserati and Alfa Romeo, would you most liked to have raced with and why? Minardi or Toyota. Don't ask why about Toyota. Maserati, Italian passion.

Eau Rouge, Wall of Champions in Canada, Parabolica

Q8. What current F1 regulation would you most like to change and why? Drs use for 2 minutes for the whole race to use whenever you feel like it.
    Gearbox penalties, I would banish them

Q9. If you could pick two F1 greats of the past from different eras to watch race against each other, who would you choose? Brabham v Prost
    Nikki Lauda and Schuey

Q10. If you were a team boss, which current driver would you pick first for your team? Jenson Button or Robert Kubica
    Charles Le Clerc

Q11. Just 19 of the world's motor racing circuits feature on the calendar. You can add just one more. Which would you pick? Bathurst.

Nordschliefe

Nikki Lauda, Eddie Jordan, Murray Walker, Ayrton Senna.

Q13. You are given the chance to drive any legendary car from the past. Which do you pick? I'd be stoked to drive any F1 car, even if it was that bucket-of bolts bolted to the bottom of last year's championship.
    Red Bull 2013 car

Q14. If you could add one thing to your teams motorhome, such as a swimming pool or bowling alley, what would you choose? A life-size foosball table FTW!!
    For the team, a night club

Q15. Imagine you have just won the world title. Where do you go for your celebratory meal and what do you have? McDonalds.
    On board a large sailing yacht, (eco friendly...ish), alongside a Greek island, fish.

"I used to be with 'it'. But then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm with isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems scary and wierd. It'll happen to you..."
    Too late, it already has!