1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your best ever seasons signings

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by GFCSTU, Jul 5, 2011.

1. GFCSTU

GFCSTU Member

I am very impressed with the signings this year, in fact I am struggling to think of a better bunch over recent years. So over to you guys, what were your best ever seasons signings in your opinion and what season was it?.:emoticon-0103-cool:

UTG!!!

2. Thom_the_Gill

Thom_the_Gill Member

For me its got to be when we signed Delroy Facey, Steve Lomas, Craig Armstrong and Barry Cogan a few years back...... or not?!

3. gills4everandaday

gills4everandaday Active Member

when we signed tommy johnson, rod wallace;)

4. GFCSTU

GFCSTU Member

Thom that made me smile, have to agree dont think we have signed many worse in one go lol.

Rod Wallace was a great signing still feel though the 7 we have this time round will be hard to beat Gills Oxon

UTG!!!

5. jokeykid(606)

jokeykid(606) Member

have to agree the 7 we've brought in this time are all really good signings even if we seem to be packing the midfield a bit atm. however given the fact that a lot of us were resigned to this season being a dissappointment and all starting to think the eye brow raising would be more for the who the f* is that rather than shocked :p

6. Jake Logan

Jake Logan Member

When we signed Mark McCammon the buzz around gillingham!

7. GeminiSwiftgfc

GeminiSwiftgfc Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

In '98 we signed Asaba and Super Bob. Not sure who else off the top of my head but they weren't too bad.

8. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Got to be when we signed Marlon King and Paul Shaw, they were the days

9. gillslad69

gillslad69 Member

The season when we dropped down from the championship and Neale Cooper bought: Shields, Sancho, Jackman, Tommy Williams, Tony Bullock and the ex celtic striker whos name eludes me. What a summer.

10. Lenny38

Lenny38 Member

What a ridicolous post...the season hasn't even started and yet these are the best pre season signings we've ever made!!! Clearly when Pulis took over and signed big Jim and the gang.

11. Tom-Tom-Sat-Nav

I'm sure Hessy signed up Chris Hope, Paul Shaw and Marlon King in the same summer. That has to be very close!

12. GFCSTU

GFCSTU Member

Lenny you are welcome to your opinion as am I, I never said it would bring instant success, just that I FEEL they are good signings, god knows how anyone can put a negative on these signings, mmm maybe Lenny lol. DOOOM AND GLOOOM!!!

UTG!!!

13. BSG

BSG Well-Known Member

Stu I don't think Lenny was being negative but merely saying lets not get ahead of ourselves, many people thought we would walk the divison with the signings we made last season.

As for the question I think Lenny almost got it right, the 96/97 group of players Pulis brought were well suited to bully their way out of league at the time but I think the season afterwards when we traded the bruisers like Dave Martin et al for more footballing players like Paul Smith and Hessy was a great off season :grin: