1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Youngster signs

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by deleted....., Nov 1, 2012.

1. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11684/8217035

My guess is that Pete O'Rourke has absolutely no knowledge about the Charlton U18s... Tareiq is a good young player and developing nicely but nowhere near the first team.... young Foxy from the U21s would be the young left back called into the squad long before Tareiq.

We still have some very good youngsters in the U18s and Tareiq is just one of them!

<cheers>

AllHell

2. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Good news, AHLL, you know how highly I rate young Tareiq. And everyone knows how highly I rate natural enthusiasm in a player, which Tareiq has plenty of- especially important in a mifielder.

3. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Can anyone provide any information on joe Gomez? Apparently the big 4 are monitoring him.

4. Bitter & Malicious

Bitter & Malicious Well-Known Member

Who are the Big 4 nowadays? Used to be Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Arsenal. I suppose these days it is the two Manchesters, Chelsea and ... Sheffield Wednesday (or are they in separate Massive 4 grouping?) By rights MK Dons ought to be up there too, but they have never been granted the status their brilliant football merits.

5. Scoham

Scoham Member

Playing for England u16s right now at CB (number 5). Game is live on Sky Sports 1.

6. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Damn. Stuck at a diner party.

The big 4 are Yeovil, met police, Granada and young boys. But I did spend the day playing football manager so I am having difficulties differentiating between reality and... Game world?

7. ForestHillBilly

Joe Gomez is the real deal, but so is Diego Poyet, and we managed to get him to sign a pro contract.

8. deleted.....

Joe is a ball playing centre half, he loves to play the ball out of defence rather than just 'clear it', he is good in the air considering he's not the tallest of players (@ 6' 0" ish but he is only 15 so still growing). He plays as a sort of Centre Back Quarterback role where the U18s look to give the ball to Joe and leave him to pick a pass even if he is our last man.

Starring for England U16s has obviously not helped our aim of getting him to sign a pro contract and as he is still only 15 (I think) it is over a year before we can get him to sign one at 17 (although like with Cousins we could agree something a few months prior to his 17th birthday) and with the new youth set-up we will get peanuts (£300,000 ish) if he signs for another club rather than a pro contract with us.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rkid-Joe-Gomez-defender-set-star-England.html

9. dick plumb

dick plumb Well-Known Member

I think All Hell he is now 16 years old.As a regular watcher of the Under18s I have taken great interest in Joes career.He looks a great prospect and has all the attributes you need from a centre half,as outlined above.In my opinion we have a lot of talented defenders in the U21s andU18s.Cousins,Lennon,Osbourne,Ajayi,Holmes-Dennis,Fox.Let us hope that some push through into the first team.

10. Bitter & Malicious

Bitter & Malicious Well-Known Member

Talking about MK Dons ... we think we have problems converting chances. In yesterday's FA Cup match against Cambridge City of the Southern League, the Dons had 37 shots (19 on target) and 13 corners, and still failed to score.

11. deleted.....

Home game against QPR @ Sparrows @11:00 for anybody who wants to see our youngsters live.... bring your season ticket! Still loads of time after to get to the Valley :)

12. ForestHillBilly

Can't make it, AHLL. But I can make the 'boro game after all, so I'll expect a half-time report!

13. madadd

madadd Member

SCFP from what I know T Holmes J Gomez and Also Casey are all destined for 2 yr pro contract when they reach 17yrs old as has happened with TH already this week . They are all great talents and good luck to them.
    Under the new academy structures clubs with money can come in and pretty much nick for a small price all the talent the lower league clubs are producing so a way to protect the good players is to offer them 2 yr pro deals early on...crazy world of football

good luck to Tariq, Joe G looks a real prospect and looked comfortable in his England debut the other night

14. Tewkesbury Addick

Tewkesbury Addick Active Member

Welcome madadd!

The more the merrier on here.

15. deleted.....

Lost 1-2 to QPR, we were the better footballing side but they were bigger!