1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Young Talent Released

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by gills4everandaday, Feb 28, 2013.

1. gills4everandaday

gills4everandaday Active Member

After all the build up over the last couple of years regarding his talent, along with Liverpool and Co being interested in him...Ashley Miller has today been given a free transfer <yikes>

when he played in the Gills first team last season i thought he had something about him and would improve with time, yet here we are again, another young talent released for others to gain from !

hope another sell-on fee is agreed like Connor Essam was <ok>

also we have released...Darren Hawkes, Jack Parter, Nathan Nyafli, and they are still to decide on Joe Carter because of injury. Alfie Coates given 3rd year scholar deal.

Jake Hessenthaler has been given a one year pro deal and i bet Hare and Muggleton won't be far behind him <whistle>

2. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Coates hasn't been given a third year and Josh Hare signed a professional contract for next season a couple of months ago.

3. brb

brb Guest

No comment <laugh>

4. gills4everandaday

Whatever and whatever...It was more of a keep it in the family comment :emoticon-0114-dull:

5. gills4everandaday

Oh please do !

6. eltorro

eltorro Member

I think we can now fully see the direction the Club wants to go ! Nothing for the future, just employ mercenaries.

7. AshfordGill

AshfordGill Active Member

The release of Miller is very disappointing, I have not seen that much of him, but liked what I had seen, feel sure that he was worth perservering with for at least another year, he may not have been ready for league 1 next season, but then again I am not sure on current form who is or whether that will matter come August, as I have said elsewhere I have tried to back the manager and remain positive but each time we see one of these decisions it gets harder, I seriously wonder what our long term plans are because we appear to be adopting a very short term attitude, I am starting to wonder if Mr Allen is the man to take the club forward.

8. gfc1234

gfc1234 Member

If they are not good enough for League One and beyond what is the point of keeping them? It's not a difficult concept to work out!

9. Hythe tiger

Hythe tiger Member

is this the lad on loan at hythe, looks very useful. Certainly will make a good conference player if not league 2. But as stated if your going up to league 1, and they aren't good enough then they need to go. But im sure from what I have seen of Miller he will play league football somewhere.

10. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Shame that Miller has gone but others are no surprise, Hessenthaler seems to be doing well at Tamworth from what I am reading so that is fair that he has a new contract.

11. bristol407

bristol407 Well-Known Member

Ashley Miller appeared an exceptional talent a year ago. First team debut at 16, half a dozen first team appearances including a goal and only just 18 now. Josh Hare and Jake hessenthaler are the same age and have been given one year contracts even though they have never been near the first team. Something stinks here.

12. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

Unless you have been to development games I don't see how anyone can make a fair judgement on whether these players should be retained or not. Those of us who are allowed onto Gills365:wink::wink: should read Andrew Booms comments as he goes to those games and doesn't disagree with those being released.

13. bristol407

It stinks even more.

14. gills4everandaday

We agree on something for once Bristol ;)

15. gills4everandaday

And this Booms is the best scout in England all of a sudden vinney...don't be disheartened if i don't wish to agree there vin with your take on the matter !

16. bristol407

Just scanning this season's programmes suggests that Miller has not played in the development squad since last season when he was always ahead of his age in terms of progress. If Gills4ever and I can both smell the stench, it must be quite a strong smell. Dads and lads at the same club tend to cause discomfort. Far better to be at other clubs where no suspicion of favouritism can arise. Dimson thought his Charlie was great, nobody else did! I thought Miller showed exceptional promise and I have never met his mother.

17. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Disappointed to see Miller being released as i was with Essam and Evans earlier all the others were expected. These 3 players last season looked like the future for the Gills but not to be. None of these were given a chance by Allen.

18. gills4everandaday

Just looks like one big smoke screen from MA, as when he first came in and the many times since, he said all the right things regards youth and that it will be given a chance.
    yes i know promotion is the main thing this season and more experience is a must but why undo all the hard work at youth level. youth will get even less chance should we climb the divisions, but it looks like with the limited funds hess had and all the hard work that has gone into bringing the so called batch of talented gills youngsters through is now here say.

miller, parter, evans, essam and hawkes were meant to be our future and in the space of a few months they have lost there talent...sorry i don't buy that <confused> yet as Bristol has stated the family tree at Gillingham stands stronger and stronger by the day. whats that now...Charlie Allen, Jake Hess, Muggleton, Hare...have i missed any ?

just look at the young loan players brought in Richardson and Williams...not even given a chance as yet...WHY !

lets finish this off by saying the reason we are stable at present is because a very short time ago players like Jarvis, Bertrand, Gazzaniga and Rooney..all young players with us were then sold after performing with us and being noticed then sold for good money and sell-ons.
    this club though in the bottom tier is on a sound footing and that should say a lot about us going forward and using youth to our benefit <ok>

brb must be having a field day and chuckle deep down :emoticon-0184-tmi:

19. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

still dont understand why Richardson and Williams have not played yet after 3 games, why get them on loan.

20. brb

brb Guest

Don't go there vinney. I said I would not make comment to gills4ever's OP but you are now edging me near the brink <laugh>