1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Young footballers abused by coaches discussion thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Beef, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Scottish coach now being looked into.

2. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

8 ex players now have said they were abused by Higgins according to reports.

3. Che’s Godlike Thighs

Che’s Godlike Thighs Well-Known Member

The Gary Speed murder-conspiracy is not a new thing. I remember reading about it not long after he died. My memory of it being foggy though, I had another look. Astonishingly those same conspiracy theories from way back in 2011 even name Barry Bennell as a possible reason for the murder. FIVE YEARS AGO. The same conspiracies state how Speed was just about to reveal information about a Welsh paedophile ring, and this obviously spooked some dangerous people. They also mention that some of the abuse done by Bennell on young boys was done at 'training weekends' at the home of "a Crewe Alexandra football manager".

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t4...-paedophile-barry-bennell-a-clue-to-his-death

Here's the beginning of Dispatches, made TWENTY YEARS AGO (sorry if posted previously):

It is quite frankly disgusting not just what these monsters do, but the fact that so many people cover up for them. Look at Jimmy Saville, how long did he get away with his ****? And everyone at the BBC knew about it, even Sid Vicious knew about it ffs. Hollywood has been covering stuff up about prominent figures within the movie industry, and even the American government and British royalty are both connected to convicted paedophiles. And it seems the co-writer of Speed's autobiography is too scared to come forward. There must be a lot of very powerful, very dangerous people, connected to these paedophile rings, all they way to the top. Only the other day a ring was exposed in Norway, which included politicians, judges, and other important people. It must be the same everywhere.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    Libby likes this.
  4. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

Why the hell is Redknapp sticking his nose in.

5. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

6. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I can see that a lot of powerful or at least influential people may be involved....paedophilia isn't limited to one class. Directly dangerous....no. I have to roll my eyes when conspiracy theorists get going. There are paedophiles and rapists who kill, but they do it themselves as part of their offence. Dreadful as these people are....most would balk at murder. Not saying one wouldn't, but there will be no malign group that plot killings like a group of devil worshippers in a book.

These people are dangerous because they are plausible. Yes, others in authority may be involved in a cover up, but in most cases they are just taken in by the position the others holds or by his generally charming nature. Who would you believe if your brother who gives up all his time to help in a youth club were accused by a young kid?

Paedophiles don't fall into one type and my guess is that the paedophiles preying in football clubs are lone wolves who use power and influence but not violence.

7. ImpSaint

ImpSaint Well-Known Member

Wasn't it Johnny Rotten? HE was interviewed on radio way back when and he openly stated things about Savile which were then edited out for broadcast. Pretty sure that the unedited version was broadcast last year in a news report? I remember John Lydon on a program talking about it and not being very happy about it either.

I agree with your post but when this looks like a paedophile ring then it doesn't need any more than 1 person or a couple that are prepared to murder to protect themselves from being found out. Who knows how big these rings are and it is quite possible that like we have seen in the internet age that these are not "independent" rings and are/were in contact with each other. Like we have heard of children in care being transported around the country young sporting prospects have the ideal cover because they are transported around the country and world anyway for matches, tournaments etc. It is the ideal cover for these kind of practices and I would be amazed if we do not start to hear about this sort of thing across many sports.

On the Gary Speed thing. I read that Speed had named Bennell as abusing him but Bennell denied that he had abused him and still does. There are accounts from other players that say that Bennell did refer to Gary Speed as "my protege" and "my favourite." The latter being very creepy.

8. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

9. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

10. Che’s Godlike Thighs

Che’s Godlike Thighs Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're probably right. I just remember it being one of those guys. Spooky all the same how the BBC covered it up for decades.

ImpSaint likes this.

11. ImpSaint

Le Tissier has spoken up now. Says his treatment at the hands of Higgins was "very very wrong."

12. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Making me feel sick tbh.

13. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

Le Tissier talking about naked massages under Higgins' rule?

Oh, Jesus.

14. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

15. ImpSaint

I feel awful for not remembering the name but the former Saint on Victoria Derbyshire this morning was very very hard to watch and listen to. He went about as far into detail as you can on daytime TV.

EDIT: It was Billy Seymour. You could see from his eyes and his body language that all this still torments him and quite probably also not really coming to grips that what has been ignored or dismissed for so long was being listened to. I guess many of these guys after so long are quite suspicious about trusting other people to believe them.

I haven't watched this video and is only short so it might not include the graphic parts of the interview which must have been more than 10 minutes:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  16. Whiteley Saint

Whiteley Saint Well-Known Member

17. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

I think what he really is saying is what he went through was nothing compared to others. So he doesn't want to take the spot light off them.

ImpSaint and Libby like this.
  18. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

19. ImpSaint

20. Whiteley Saint

Whiteley Saint Well-Known Member