1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

You know you're in trouble...............

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by PGFWhite, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

The big change he has to make is van der Hoorn for Fernandez. I can put up with Taylors' inadequacies as a wing-back because he is good in defence. Taylor is a straight forward, holding, defensive full-back where as Naughton is a wing back, better up top but not as good as Taylor. Kingsley, imo, will be the best of the lot at both FB and WB but currently he lacks experience.

If I were picking the team, I'd give Kingsley the left back role. Imo, if Kingsley had a run of games he has the talent to surpass all of our left backs, he just needs experience and the games in his legs. By selecting Kingsley at left back the loss we'd incur in the FB part of is role would be negligible, when measured against Taylor, but we'd gain in the WB role when measured against both Taylor and Naughton. Personally, I'd give him his legs and let him run.

2. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Totally agree on Kingsley, Stmupy. But I have a feeling based on what I've seen that Curtis rates Taylor for some peculiar reason and that may influence Bradley.

3. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

I agree. Kingsley should be the first defender on the team sheet.

Stumpy and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  4. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

I think I'd prefer bloody Ben Kingsley to Taylor.... <laugh>

5. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I agree that Kingsley should be first choice at LB by a mile, I have to disagree though Stumpy that Taylor is good defensively. I think he is appalling and the worst at the club. He is always to far off his wingers and gets done to easily both inside and out, regularly get s caught out of position and is done with a long diagonal regularly, he is also a liability and is prone to giving away ridiculous free kicks when there is no need to and he will every game stand with his hand in the air appealing for offside instead of playing the whistle and getting back. His only plus for me is he puts a shift in.

6. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

The way I see it is, if your not up to scratch then you should not be playing, and for me neither Taylor or Fernandez are up to scratch, and should not be on the team sheet, Kingsley and Van Der Hoorne are both better players, and need to gain form by being selected, this was one of Bobs mistakes against the Gunners, that and no Striker, the game could have been a far different outcome had Bob not made these schoolboy errors, also Routledge is off form and should be benched until he gets sharper.

I am fast coming to the conclusion that at board room level and coaching, we are making some very basic and seemingly idiotic decisions, that are effecting our results, we are our own worst enemy, and for the life of me I cannot understand some of the chronic decision making coming from the Board and coaching staff. Football is not rocket science, it is simply about speed, pace, and mental desire, as well as being in form, selection should always be about our most current prolific athletes, but when you have ego's and strong personality in the dressing room some times the coaching staff compromise weakening our team, as they did by including Taylor in the game against the Gunners, this did not surprise me one bit after the sound bites the nugget mouthed off with in the media prior to the game. Bob compromised our best team to accommodate the inept Taylor, who was responsible for at least one of the goals, if Bob is so good, then why did he play Taylor when he clearly cost Wales 2 points the week before, and when he would also have seen that Franco had dropped him in favor of Kingsley.

Taylor is not bigger than the club or team, and at the minute he is simply not good enough, I know I have focused on Taylor, but his obvious arrogance regarding his ability, or should I say the lack of them, caused Franco some problems, and again Bob in his very first game, now I have to say this, serve your right Bob, carry on fielding Taylor and you won't be here long, so I suggest you engage your brain Bob, and bench the nugget................................<ok>

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  7. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Just to add, I've been told that Montero is out of selection due to fitness and form? well if that's the case how the hell do Fernandez and Taylor get a look in?

8. trundles left foot

I just wish we could sort this out with Montero, he is the one for me if we can keep him fit and getting him playing regularly can definitely supply the ammunition to get us scoring. I hope it is sorted soon, he scares the death out of full backs.

9. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Fair points TLF but I do see him blocking a lot of crosses and making tough tackles in the box, but I take your point re standing off his wingers. His problem is he lacks quickness, not pace, but the ability to turn on a penny or shift position fast enough to counter a move, especially if its one he's misread. He's simply not sharp or nimble enough to make up that extra yard he may have conceded and the move just passes him by.

Hopefully though we wont be talking about Taylor for much longer as Kingsley has to be recognised as our left back. Even if he has a poor game now we can attribute it to his lack of experience which will be a diminishing issue the more games he plays. Taylor has experience over Kingsley but he doesn't have the tools in his box to build himself into a player capable of matching Kingsleys' potential.

I think Bradley will stick the seniors again with Kingsley, VDH and Fulton on the bench, I hope I'm wrong particularly in the case of Fernandez.

Re Montero TLF, I think he's still injured, but we need to get him up and running. Imagine it Montero screaming down the left, Barrow terrorising the right, we'd be one of the most exciting teams in the league.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  10. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Ben isn't playing much. Should try to get him back in Jan imo.

DragonPhilljack and Stumpy like this.

11. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Form? He doesn't get picked to be poor?

DragonPhilljack and Stumpy like this.
  12. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

I'm desperate to see a defence for a few games without Amat in it .
    I think Fernandez would be much more focused with VDH ...Just a gut feeling

13. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

I disagree. The reason Amat is struggling with Fed is because he's terrified of what bollock Fernandez is going to make. Alongside VDH, Amat is allowed to concentrate on his own game.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  14. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

There has only been 8 games played and change has come at the right time and there is no huge gap that we cant overcome. Im more optimistic now that we will claw our way slowly but surely over the next 30 games to safety and wont be in the bottom 3 at the end of the season...

15. seabreeze

OH OH ...THE KISS OF DEATH ...LOL

16. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

I'm with you Dai 100% panicking is no help to anybody.

swanseaandproud likes this.
  17. seabreeze

And I disagree , the reason Fernandez is struggling is because of Amat .. we've tried Amat and Fernandez ... Amat and VDH......Why not Fernandez and VDH

18. trundles left foot

Because VDH and Amat was working. now there is a reason.

19. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

20. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Because Amat and VDH works.