1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

You know you're in trouble...............

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by PGFWhite, Oct 16, 2016.

1. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

....when one of your players says "The Premier League is hard, but I think our players are too good to go down."

League tables don't lie Leroy.

2. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

We are in big, big trouble if we don't win against Watford.

3. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

For one the premiership is a hard league and nobody in the top half can say they are too good to go down.....

4. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Nobody wants us to go down but if we do then we do and i for one wont lose any sleep over it that's for sure. My life wont be ruined over whether a club is relegated or not....

5. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

If we do I see it as Karma for all the garbage we have had from Jinx and the board!.................................<ok>

6. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

It's not the dog in the fight but the fight in the dog, they say. Boy, did you show fight! This season there aren't obvious contenders to go down, I believe. Which is a worry for all those who are likely to finish bottom half - which naturally includes us Hornets.
    Good luck, Swans, the heart you showed deserves it. <ok>

7. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

After 8 matches last season, and also the season before, 2 of the 3 teams that comprised the Bottom 3 were relegated ..... <yikes>

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  8. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Records /stats were designed to be broken so lets break another one

9. Taffvalerowdy

I was thinking how sorry I was for Stoke and Sunderland..... <laugh>

10. Newportswan

Newportswan Well-Known Member

Looking at the fixture list, players coming back to fitness, Confidence ( we are only losing by the odd goal) January transfer window,Luck. We should scrape 40 points for the season.

11. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Could be too late come transfer window.

Our Yanks wouldn't invest in the summer and players in Jan come with a premium.

12. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Once in the relegation zone, the burden of negative pressure which comes along with it is huge. Our players have been bought to play football. I don't feel we have the "dog" for a long term relegation battle which makes the match against Watford on Saturday huge. The sooner we get out of the bottom three the better.

13. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

I tend to be a pessimist, but looking at the way we played on Saturday I'm pretty optimistic about us staying up. My main concern is the way we are set up to get the best out of our players. As others have said, with our options opening up because of players coming back from injury we have every reason to be at least hopeful.

Personally, I'd love to see Routledge dropped to the bench with a Montero & Barrow double-wing attack. If we do that Saturday we'll tear Watford a new one imo.

14. Taffvalerowdy

I'd agree with that - need to get out of the relegation zone..... and fast<cheers>

15. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

A lot of that type of comment came to light last season ....and lo and behold , we were to good to go down .I also think we are to good to go down this season but 4 managers in 30 games may catch up with us as players are torn between roles everytime someone new is in charge .

16. Kifflom!

There's no such thing as 'too good to go down'. Some very good players and some very good squads have been relegated. It depends on how they perform as a team and ultimately, on the results.

17. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

We're quite happy as we are anatomically speaking, thank you. ;)
    Considering we have conceded more goals than anyone else from set-pieces and particularly headed goals, could I make a polite request that we both play 5-a-side 'not over head height', please? Unless Deeney defends. He's not afraid to put his head in, but the 6'4" brigade do spend a lot on their hair and are ****ed if they're going to muss it up.
    On a happier note for us is the well-named Isaac Success - what a find! We turned down £38m for Ighalo in the summer and Success is keeping him on the bench! MIddlesbrough, with the help of invertebrate refereeing (where he was too scared to reach for second yellow - it would've required a fatality <doh>) just rugby-tackled him (I kid you not, it was a ****ing joke) continually.
    We kept our first clean sheet last week! Gomes is on fire this season. One mistake, countless world class saves (that's real "world class" not how our - yours and our - dear friend Rodgers used to bandy that term about) have gained us most of our points.
    I'm old, so I go back to our times in the old 4th together. It's too wide open in the bottom half so many teams should be concerned. If Deeney were to get injured, we'd be ****ed. Burnley are well set up and work very hard (Dyche is a smart cookie). Hull perhaps are drifting. But you play decent football, so while I agree the "we're too good to go down" is a load of bull, let's put it this way - those who don't, or who are too reliant on one player (gulp :emoticon-0107-sweat), might have a bit more to worry about.
    Anyway, all the best. :)

18. Kifflom!

'Tear watford a new one" was more of a sign of the capability of the Swansea players if they are set up correctly rather than an indictment of the Watford team. So we're clear. <ok>

19. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

I almost agree with Fer, what he should have said though is 'MOST of our players are too good to go down'. Our problem is that our results are being shaped by those who aren't good enough to stay up.

I've said before that somewhere in our squad is a very good team and Bradley has to find THAT team and fast, so as to give them time to climb up the league.

His first team selection will be the key to our season, if he doesn't want to live the basement in his first season in the Premiership he can't afford to carry ANY under performers in his starting 11. We'll see how quick a study he is by his selection on Saturday.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  20. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Baston better start Saturday otherwise me might as well throw the towel in now.

I also think Taylor will start too <grr>

Stumpy likes this.