1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

You just haven't got a clue TP!

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by Smithers, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A nice stat - Walters has played EVERY premier league game this season! Our prize striker (according to TP) who generally only scores from the penalty spot starts today and plays on the RW. Now given that TP has justified his decession to play Shotton over Pennant (the great Bale statement) I thought it was very ironic that Walters should be played in that position effectively relegating pennant to our 3RD CHOICE right wing?

Walters has laboured up and down for 50 minutes with nothing of note and yet the 1st sub is to bring Pennnat on. Excellent, except he should really start (irrelevant of form he bring width and balance to our formation) and instead of subbing Walters who is playing in that position he subs Jerome????????????????????????????????

I'm glad to hear the crowd Boo and Jerome show his frustartion towards the dug out after turning and clapping the crowd!

2. BillJones1981

BillJones1981 Member

Think you spoke too soon haha

3. Smithers

Forum Moderator

Why did Walters have any involvement in that goal? Its the mindset I am reffering to!

4. Smithers

Forum Moderator

Lets see if I can coax another goal through my negativity?

Palacious on for Ethrington to unbalance us again! And walters the poor bloke who absolutley fooked is now a left winger?

5. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Smither's
    Pennant made a massive difference WHEN he came on.. THINK on Mr Pulis and feckin play the lad every week!

Great point though and as for Crouch.. Pick that one out!! BEST indivdual goal this season easily..

Palaicos and Pennant, BOTH should be starting.

6. Swervyhoof

Swervyhoof Member

I have to say that for the first time in a long time, I got quite excited at the game!Nothing to do with sitting next to a blonde, but with Pennant on (although only TP can justify taking CJ off and leaving SuperJon on) and the 15 minute Cameo from Palacios, we were actually treated to some incisive football!
    Well done Stoke - a great effort.

7. Smithers

Forum Moderator

To be fair we seemed to have the measure of Man City and the point was well deserved. I thought Pennant and Palcious were good today and even though Crouch scored a wonder goal I though he was generally pretty decent. Walters looked slow on pace and stamina at times and playing him on the wing was a fukin joke - especially as our wingers probably do double the work of any in the prem due to the defensive work expected by TP! Just give the guy a break and play our best players - who knows we might have won?

8. Pottermouth 328

<ok>
    I think we would if Palacios/Pennant had started Smither's.. and I said so at the game.. a feckin Stonewall peno on Whelan not given. WELL done the lads and I too was exited today. The atmosphere was electric. Even my missus enjoyed it.

9. The Welsh Mourinho

Disagree with that, Potts.

Palacios would never have gone the distance today, he's nowhere near fit enough. I think it was right to bring him on near the end an dpin Citeh back and, as a result, we rarely looke threatened by them when in other games, they may have been camped in our half.

As for Pennant, I agree he should start along with Jerome instead of Walters. However, it seems petty to moan after such a good performance.

10. Pottermouth 328

Jose
    NO complaints today from me.. GREAT pt and a very good TEAM performance. As for Wilson P.. IF he's not fit he bloody well should be but that's gone on for so long now I guess we're all used to knowing he won't last a full 90 mins. A mystery because for approx 8 million quid it's not really good enough. He did however make 2 or 3 great runs forward which, as you said took the pressure off.