1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Yet more madness?

Discussion in 'Wolves' started by evergold, May 11, 2012.

1. evergold

evergold New Member

Stale Solbakken - who he? Unknown almost in UK and no managerial experience here whatsoever. Presided over numerous recent disciplinary problems at Cologne, though, and left (he claims sacked) in extremely acrimonious circumstances after only a relatively short time in charge. Sounds a made-to-measure candidate for Morgan!

Just for good measure, we are keeping Connor too, apparently, in Morgan's words "to preserve continuity". I would have thought that "continuity" is the very, very last thing we would have wished to preserve. Three years of abject failure! With Connor the most unimpressive Premiership boss I think I have ever seen - in every regard.

Will we NEVER learn?

2. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Compared to some of the names thrown around, then i am willing to take a chance with him, had been very successful before he went to Germany and has Champions League experience and experience of winning leagues.

Need to remember we are a Championship side now so cannot expect the up and coming known managers to want to manage us, we lost that right with our Premier League status, and Solbakken could be classed as an up and coming manager.

Can't play any less attractive football than Mick and Connor have played so i am looking forward to it.

3. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

4. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Wow oooooooooooo you will be going places now! You should have kept Mcarthy !. By the way what is your capacity since the new stand was built?.

5. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

31,500 for next season.

Another pro McCarthy poster so am guessing you have not seen many Wolves games over the last 2-3 seasons.

6. FILEYseadog

FILEYseadog Well-Known Member

Division one here you come

7. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Hmmm thanks for your well thought out comment, you are a credit to your team.

8. Quinntan

Quinntan Member

Well, who would ye lads have prefered? Another ho-hum English manager who probably isn't that good? I'm all for this, nice to see some new faces managing in England.

9. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Yep to be honest most of us are over the moon with the new manager, over 90% in favour on the main wolves forum i use.

A manager with 6 years of management experience and 5 league titles and who tries to play football is better than we were expecting. And as long as we can hold onto our creative players then we should be OK for next season.

10. c0nk3r5

c0nk3r5 Member

He was playing for Wimbledon in 97-98 season so he knows what English football is all about. If he doesn't take you back to PL this season, he will next or he might get the same treatment as Sven-Goran Eriksson.

11. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

Yeah he had you on MOTD....