1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wycombe JPT

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Wycombe in the JPT on tuesday is game we now need to take seriously a few weeks ago I would of said it was a game I wasn't to fussed about but after the last couple of results I think its a game we need to win to get our season up and running weather we win it in the 90 mins or on penalties, we need to put out our strongest team for this match, however I would like Elliot Richards to play the full 90 maybe bring him in for Zebroski as he's not at this moment pulled his weight or made any major impact on the season so far.

2. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I agree..........Rovers have to perform on Tuesday. I couldn't make Crawley, so I'm relying on others' opinions; however I'm going to Wycombe.
    Buckle has to show authority and objectivity by 'resting' Zebroski. For me the obvious front pairing is Harrold and McGleish; they played well together pre-season.
    However Richards has done well when given the chance so he should replace McGleish when he tires.
    I think we're missing Bolger: when he's fit Buckle may have another difficult decision when selecting out of Anthony, Virgo and Bolger.

3. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The only other player I think should or might get a game is Lance Cronin in goal, Bevan's confidence must be on the slide after we conceded 7 goals in two games and having a disorganised defence in front of him just doesn't help matters. Agree 100% with you we are definitely missing Bolger didn't think much of him when he was on loan last season but he's definitely our best central defender, however not sure Anthony or Virgo that's a hard one, Anthony when he's on his game is fantastic but is known for making mistakes that can cost us, however i think Virgo's a bit slow for my liking so not sure about that one maybe Buckle should think about dipping into the loan market for another central defender.

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

i am split now if we should field a weaker side or a strong side. i honestly dont know.

5. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Please, not Cronin. He made a few appearances pre-season, which I saw. He is very much a bench warmer, there if an injury occurs during a match.
    I really was not impressed, we could have kept Green.

6. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

i wish to place on record how much i appreciate the excellent works of your moderators, as for the wobblers i think they may win, but you are both low in your leagues

7. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

I would like to see Cronin start as well. We definately need new defenders at the club when the loan market opens as well as another striker. We need to play Mcgleish in his proper position up top with Harrold. We need Muzzy to start with Stanley and Gill in the middle

8. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

i wouldnt be too worried if i were you we usually play a second string with a few youngsters in the tin pot ,thats why we always get knocked out straight away.probably a rovers win if i had to put a bet on it.:emoticon-0107-sweat

9. Chris-Gashead

<laugh> depends what team shows up mate. If they decide to play, they will beat your first team let alone your young uns :)

10. Rocky blue army

knowing my luck all the old wycombe players will score ,even harrold<yikes>

11. Chris-Gashead

On current form you will probably batter us 4-0 anyway <ok>

12. Rocky blue army

we cant score so it looks like a nil nil and penalties then.<laugh><laugh><laugh>

13. Chris-Gashead

lol Ah well, I wont be going to this one. Last time we went it was a 2-1 defeat for us after we opened the scoring. Was a decent game and we brought a fair few to you so perhaps it will be a decent crowd and hopefully a decent game <ok> nil nil and pens would be the last thing we want as we have already gone through a pen shoot out. It will takes it toll on us!

14. Rocky blue army

i think the crowd will be very low probably cos the tin pot dont appeal to most fans

15. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

must be difficult to predict a result where both teams are doing their best to lose. 0-0 and 1 penalty out of 10 scored

16. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

ok, i made my decision. need to concentrate on the league.

17. Rocky blue army

<laugh><laugh><laugh><cheers>

18. Jenny!

Jenny! Member

The Wobblers versus the Barcelona of L2. Interesting game this.......................

(Yawn)

Buckle out!

19. Chris-Gashead

Cant wait to beat Strawbury. It will be so easy, like taking sweets from a baby :)

20. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

IMO the gas need to get as much match time as possible. We seem to have some pretty decent individuals, but the team is going to take time to blend together as a unit.