1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

WRONG WRONG WRONG

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Mar 1, 2017.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

When I saw the team sheet @ 5 past eight my immediate reaction was one of gloom... a number of things came to mind ...lightening, annual venue twice on the trot....etc I pretty much thought 2played right into Brucie's hands. VILLA is not Newcastle and the team should have been a bit more attacking... the set up at Newcastle caught Benny ON THE HOP... he thought a sort of "A" team would see them through .. it almost did when they played a fuller team second half.
    against VILLA we should have had 2 up front from the start ... we are sorely missing Tammy and Djuric would have been better than Wilbs this time, but you cant allow for injuries ... and what of Tomlin he would have caused them a few problems. I got the first 2 subs on correct but would I have subbed the players he did??? I do not know.
    people bay for a settled side, but that does not mean same 11 everygame ...it means 14 players or so ...OK HINDSIGHT IS AMAZING.... but I think personally it was like roulette ... you win on a group and keep playing it because it could come up again before you spend all your profit! ...you eventually lose.
    come on LEE GET IT TOGETHER ....

2. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Still dreaming gf2 but, although I love your optimism, a lot of others think it is a nightmare.

3. johngalleyfan2

Mike this used to be such a fine board, a balanced board where a point was made and within which the confines were discussed and argued out ...one such thread the BREXIT ONE was pretty much where all the discussion took place .. now it seems to be degenerating into a cesspit of doom and gloom with a constant feeding frenzy of multiple threads within all trying to accommodate the same load of "reinvented comments, statements, drivel "
    I have totally gone off the EVIL POST ( have been for yonks) and was going to throw a party when Stockhausen said he had been sacked.... what a stirring misquoting bod he is .. and not "sacked it seems"..
    I read a post /thread (used to read all of it, don't now ) last items first and usually get the jist and move on same old drivel ... look at the first bit put up see EP or AS and move on....

where are all the " I am getting behind the team" ... certainly were not there v Fulham, supporters support the team they should not try to undermine it by creating a diversionary negative atmosphere .. hoooooray to them should we go down, as it is them we will have to thank for their disloyal absent positive attitude

" I AM B E H I N D THE TEAM " B******* they are

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

* degenerating into a cesspit of doom and gloom..
    * a constant feeding frenzy of multiple threads..
    * same load of "reinvented comments, statements drivel "
    * they should not try to undermine it by creating a diversionary negative atmosphere .
    * hoooooray to them should we go down.
    * as it is them we will have to thank for their disloyal absent positive attitude

John, I am suprised your opinion of our forum and some members has hit such a low as listed above, if you look and observe some of the other Bristol City fan forums you will find they are far more controlled, vindictive, boring than ours, be a bit more patient with those of us that causes these concerns of yours.

I can assure you most of us have open minds and do try but we are a broad church of opinions, we can not please all of the time.

Red Robin likes this.
  5. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Hallelujah Wiz.

6. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Lets just say there are a lot of very disappointed people surrounding this club right now.
    Football IS important to many, and passionate support should be cherished and nurtured by those in authority, because the fans are the life-blood of any football club (even those that are funded in other ways).
    Great support attracts great players, great managers, great teams. Great times.

I have been a champion of Mr Lansdown's commitment and actions to Bristol City since 2007 and the other Johnson. I have watched in wonder at the changes that have come over this club in the last two years. BUT…

He should NEVER have got rid of Cotterill. He should backed him with the kind of money that would have made a difference WHEN IT MATTERED - i.e. towards the end of our promotion season. Not open the money box when desperation was at the door and we are waiting for the transfer window to slam in our face. Just like he should have thrown money at us when we were in the January window in 2008, 3 points clear with 6 games to go.
    Lansdown has played an absolute stinker over this LJ fiasco, and has ran us all the way back to League 1. It was painfully obvious to a good 40-50% of those on here that the kid was not up to it after the first 5 successive defeats, but SL has shown the obstinate arrogance of a rutting mule.
    Yes it will cost him, and the club it will cost more in terms of lord knows how long in league 1.
    Sheff Utd have been there forever, and they are a bigger club than we ever were.

Sadly for me, Steve Lansdown shows neither an appreciation of the responsible position he occupies in relation to 20k Bristolians, and the role he is obliged to perform in, nor a capacity to learn from his past mistakes.
    Bristol City will not be playing in Europe any time soon.
    In fact it will take a miracle now to keep us in the Championship

Angelicnumber16 and Redprintt like this.
  7. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

I don't think it's doom and gloom on here. It is right now, but unless you are completely absent minded, you can't help but hugely disappointed by the worst record in our history after the biggest financial investment in 12 months in history.

I keep thinking back to our league one season under Cotterill and how excited we all were thinking it was good times ahead.

Lousy results will create austere atmospheres, that's life as well as football John. But you are welcome to stop reading and commenting at anytime. I'm sure there will be a mass of posters who will miss you!!

Redprintt likes this.
  8. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

I don't think it's doom and gloom. Most people are being realistic, angry and probably embarrassed. Not living in Bristol,I am often asked what on earth is going on. My response today was, how anyone can lose 17 out of 23 games still be in the role, is beyond me.
    Carry on like we are, then we are going down. Blackburn play Wigan, so lose Saturday, we will be bottom 3.
    That's not doom and gloom, that's fact. Lose Saturday, we don't deserve to stay up. Lose Saturday,
    LJ has to go.

Redprintt likes this.
  9. johngalleyfan2

post corrupted doing it again came up with wrong people quoted saying wiz's qoutes

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  10. johngalleyfan2

RHINO a bit of a contradiction ! ... you disagree , then you agree .... QUOTE ... ibodyslamrhinos ......It is right now,[/QUOTE
    my comments are aimed at now ....

maybe cess pit should read morass of doom and gloom, it is all doom and gloom, where is the positivity in supporting the team if you spend half /most of the time shouting "off with his head" instead of shouting encouragement to the players when they are at home! ......player x makes a good pass or tackle and all you are getting is '#@~ off LJ /SL= is that positive or negative in trying to encourage the players to win the game! ?

it is a frenzy ... just read through the posts and see the comments , some plagerised from previous ones , all saying the same thing with the odd word maybe changed.

[ quote wizered ......*they should not try to undermine it by creating a diversionary negative atmosphere
    *hoooooray to them should we go down.
    *as it is them we will have to thank for their disloyal absent positive attitude quote]

hoooooray to them should we go down as it is them we will have to thank for their disloyal absent positive attitude .....IS all one sentence

and pray tell me what is wrong at having a go at people that go to the game either booing or endeavouring to upset the players directly or indirectly .. in 64 years I have never been to a game and booed or joined in with abuse aimed at any individual involved with Bristol City.... save "fo ref you need glasses! "

like I said it is all a bit of a frenzy at the moment......
    am I going to the Burton match ....NO but I hope we WIN, and I hope the neggies keep their gobs shut unless they cheer on the team for 90 minutes.....

11. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

If you don't have the sense to string a coherent sentence together for us all I don't expect you to have the sense to see that I was referring to its not "always" doom and gloom on here. There are lots of occasions of hope and excitement. Just not at present but you are a happy clapper lemming walking over a cliff edge following a fool. So you don't understand why people are dejected.

I wouldn't expect a racist, fantasy elitist, who thinks people who work in the sewage or refuse collection industries deserve no right to an opinion in this world, would understand much of anything on here though John.

12. johngalleyfan2

sorry rhino my skin is thicker than a real rhino's ... that return of comment in your reply is almost exactly what I mean ... having to come up with comments designed to cover your inadequate ability to simply say as I did ... in a very few words, rhino, it isn't , then it is ..........