1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wow, you got Walter Mazzarri?

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Arsegun, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Arsegun

Arsegun Well-Known Member

This appointment must have gone under the radar a bit. You've only gone and got yourselves one of the best managers in the world. He did some awesome things at Napoli and is a top, top manager. I don't mean this in an offensive way, but I'm surprised you got him. I expect you'll be safe this season by quite a distance. From what I saw against Chelsea, you were the better team and they were extremely lucky. Good luck in the season.

2. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Let's hope you're right! Thank you :)...good to hear some positive views!

3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

NIce of you to be so positive - but he has still a lot to learn about the English game and the Premier league - also the fitness of our players is a worry - it showed in the last ten minutes against Chelsea - and Arsenal are reknowned for playing right up to the final whistle.

4. J T Bodbo

J T Bodbo Well-Known Member

Please send your comment to the Watford Observer - which seems to attract the biggest bunch of whingers WFC have ever had - and believe me we've got form in that area.

Hornet-Fez likes this.
  5. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

Thanks for the positive comments Arsegun. As far as I am concerned the jury is still out on Mazzari. I didn't much like the idea of hiring one manager to get us promoted, another to keep us in the Prem. for the first year and then yet another to take us further. Particularly as Mazzari is completely untried outside of Italy. He appears to have his own idea of how to play football and is trying to fit the players to his system. Also, as Bodo suggested, our fitness levels do no appear to be up to standard at the moment - which is a worry because most games are decided in the last 10 minutes.

6. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Not convinced about the fitness coach....

Other than that Walter is fine by me thus far. It is a results business first though.

7. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0111-blush

8. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

Only kidding. I am generally slightly pessimistic always have been, and I agree that to an extent the players look a little crowbarred into his system, but I don't doubt his ability, or the fact that he's probably right as he may know a thing or two more than me. ;)
    Agree it's a results business, but I'd like to see him being given total Pozzo backing and masses of time. In the end things will be better for us that way, and I'd like to see WM as manager for a long time.
    The media love the 'story' that we sack loads of managers, never give them a chance, the usual bullshit of those who either haven't done their homework or, more likely, won't let the facts get in the way of an easy and lazy 'story' moaning about modern owners. That said, Ian Wright, on MOTD, seemed to suggest QSF's leaving was of his own contrivance, not the Pozzos.

brian_66_usa likes this.