1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Would you welcome RVP back if we bid for him ?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by gooner4ever, Jul 2, 2015.

?

Would you welcome RVP back ?

Poll closed Jul 9, 2015.
  1. Yes with open arms

18.8%
  2. Yes but he needs to earn our respect again

6.3%
  3. No - he can go to Turkey or MLS

75.0%
  1. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

It was either sell RVP to Man Utd or let him leave for free twelves months later

2. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

Never mind RVP,has anyone else seen that rumour about Nasri wanting to come back to the Arsenal ?

3. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

I think he gave us one outstanding season. He was very good in the 2008/09 season when he got 20 goals & 20 assists, he scored 22 goals in the 2010/11 season after missing two and a half months at the start of the season and obviously was exceptional the season after. Although I understand why people felt 'betrayed' by van Persie, I think we need to understand that football players do not have the same sentiment towards a club, in comparison to fans.

The situation was far from ideal, but I still don't see how it's any different to the majority of transactions in the transfer market. The only real difference was how high profile the transfer was.

Do you not think it was worse that Fabregas was feeding us all this garbage in the media but was acting like a complete twat behind the scenes? Like I said, he spoke about how 'difficult' it was to leave the club and that he was 'torn', but the majority of reliable media outlets were claiming he was willing to put in some of his own personal money to help speed the process along so that he could join Barcelona. That, to me, was far worse than anything van Persie did.

4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I've no sympathy for fabregas either. He shafted us too and now he plays for a sellout sugar daddy club.

5. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Probably best we don't bring back the ghosts of Arsenal past, especially those who shows little loyalty. We are on the up now and have some great players in our squad. I am happy to say that we don't need either RVP or Cesc, they made their choices and they have to live by them. We now go onto bigger and better things <ok>

6. Smirnoffpriest

Smirnoffpriest Well-Known Member

It's interesting to hear the noises coming out of the camp that things are much better now and everyone is closer, whereas before apparently there were distinct 'clics' and divides throughout the squad, particularly when Cesc was captain. Whereas with the changes in the squad since 2011 have meant more leaders have come into the team (Arteta, Merts, Debuchy, and now Sanchez and Cech) while more divisive figures have gone.

Even though you could argue some of the players from the 'previous era' where more talented - RVP, Fab, Clichy, Silva, Sagna, Nasri were more talented than what we had a few years ago, we performed better than when we had them in the squad.

I'm not saying all of those were divisive figures, just that apparently we have a much closer knit squad now and because of that everyone is fighting for each other. And on top of that we've been able to add/keep the quality of Sanchez, Ozil, Santi, Walcott and Cech to give us a stronger squad than we've had for a long time.

7. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Why on Earth would you want this gimp back?
    As most of you have said, you stand by him during his injuries and his "off-field" problems.
    Then he has one great season and decides to **** off to your rivals!

Find it hilarious that he joined United, won the league, then all of a sudden United turn **** and are looking up the league table at Arsenal. <laugh>
    Karma!

8. lazarus20000

I think this has a lot to do with us going through a barren, financially restricted period where Wenger had no choice but to play certain players, whether they were problematic or just under par. We really lacked quality in areas and when we did have good players, they really stood out. I have no doubt that some made some negative waves in the squad, due to their egos. But things are different now, we have very good squad depth now with plenty of competition, something that we didn't have when the Nasri's, Cesc's and RVPs were around.

9. lazarus20000

It is indeed priceless. He sold his soul for a doughnut, the doughnut!

10. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Again, I think I'm gonna go against the grain here! <laugh>

United obviously aren't that great now, but the fact is he ended up winning a league title. Although it is a tremendous achievement to win back to back FA Cups, the feeling of winning the title is unparalleled, in my opinion.

He may have only given United one great season, but in that one great season, he won the league and that is something which we, although we're slowing getting closer to, haven't achieved for the last 11 years.

I think there can certainly be an argument made that his move to United was vindicated.

I also know this isn't a popular opinion, but hey, this is what forums are for, right? <cool>

11. winifred122

winifred122 Well-Known Member

Nobody doubts that RVP can 'vindicate' his decision to leave to join United. From his pov it was the right move. However what sticks in the craw for most of us is the, frankly, dishonest way he conducted himself. Declaring, almost up to the last minute, that he was an Arsenal true blood and that he would repay the faith shown in him during the 'wilderness' years and then doing the complete opposite. To add to that, i remember him being quoted about how crap the Arsenal fans were. At least with Cesc we knew all season where he was going, especially after he set up Messi at the Nou camp

12. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

Your welcome to him 2 shocking seasons and even his good season missed about 5 sitters as we losed to Real Madrid in the QF of the CL.

13. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

You realise he almost single handedly won you that title in 2013 right?

Sign Da Ting and gooner4ever like this.
  14. Viva_Giggsy

Hardly He just scored the goals thanks to the rest of the team giving him the service. Carrick was our best player that season.

15. lazarus20000

But you still needed someone to score those goals.

16. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

Are you a Carrick "fan" ;)

17. Viva_Giggsy

Carrick was decent that season not been great the last couple of seasons mind.

18. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

Carrick is very overrated,he isn't in the same class as the likes of Özil.

19. Viva_Giggsy

When did I compare him to fish eye lol.

20. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Fabregas never shafted us. If anything we shafted him.