1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Would you welcome RVP back if we bid for him ?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by gooner4ever, Jul 2, 2015.

?

Would you welcome RVP back ?

Poll closed Jul 9, 2015.
  1. Yes with open arms

18.8%
  2. Yes but he needs to earn our respect again

6.3%
  3. No - he can go to Turkey or MLS

75.0%
  1. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

Arsenal need to buy a quality striker to add to our squad and seeing that United are trying to sell RVP it made me wonder whether a cheeky little bid would get him back to Arsenal, but the big question is would you welcome him back or has he burnt his bridges ?

2. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Don't remotely want him back. Seems injury prone again, past his best already and quite frankly, we are too good for the fecking Judas. Let him rot on the bench or somewhere unfulfilling.

3. Smirnoffpriest

Smirnoffpriest Well-Known Member

Not good enough and he has burnt his bridges!

I know it's easy to say now that he's playing **** but personally I'd like to see him live with his decisions, where instead of helping us to the title (and his goals would probably have given us the title that season) he jumped ship to our rivals for more trophies, instead since that 1st one Man U have gone **** and we've won 2 trophies without him (and without fabregas). Now he's over the hill and injury prone I can see him being shipped out to some 2nd rate league with no chance of major honours

Sign Da Ting likes this.
  4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

No chance. Too injury prone and starting to become a shadow of the player he was. Ultimately for all of his talent RVP only had had two good seasons in the premier league: the last season for us and his first season for Utd. Not even worth the wages even on a free now.

5. Daveunited

Daveunited Well-Known Member

Give us Walcott and hes all yours but I hope he sees out his contract at least.

6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

<laugh> Good one

7. Daveunited

Daveunited Well-Known Member

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter 5m ago
    Hearing through sources, Sanchez unhappy at Arsenal and is negotiating a move with Chelsea. #AFC #CFC

Yeah like this, WTF? <laugh>

SpursDisciple likes this.
  8. lazarus20000

The main issue being he spend most of his career injured and when he finally got injury free and started playing for a sustain period, he jumped ship when we needed him the most, and he was supposed to be an Arsenal fan! This is whats so damning about RVP. We supported him for so long when he wasn't playing and when it came to repaying Arsenal, he went to greener pastures. So now he can go feck himself.

9. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

I'm baffled by the lack of a "He can go f*ck himself" option! Found myself unable to cast my vote.

winifred122 likes this.
  10. winifred122

winifred122 Well-Known Member

No! No! She (we) said No Robin

PINKIE likes this.

11. Arsenal87

Arsenal87 Well-Known Member

No, he can go f--k himself, he sold his soul for one good season and one EPL's medal, when he could have become a legend and built a legacy, he will be a footnote when he leaves United, heck look at how they're already treating him, like he doesn't even matter.

Sign Da Ting and Smirnoffpriest like this.
  12. TheOXOCube:5pur2

TheOXOCube:5pur2 Pride of North London

Lad can go do one. Let him rot in Turkey or MLS. He's finished.

13. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

RVP did nothing wrong in leaving us (unlike a certain Spanish ****)He informed the club he wouldn't sign a new contract and rather than let him leave on a free the club chose to cash in on him.I think he could have shown the same loyalty to the club as the club showed him through his numerous injuries.Would I want him back,the answer is no.RVP is Arsenal's past and I'm only interested in the future

14. Smirnoffpriest

I don't know - he threw a hissy fit because he could see a better offer on the table from Man U, pretended it was all about lack of ambition and Wenger not spending, but when Wenger spent money on Pod, Santi and Giroud, RVP still ****ed off - showing it was all BS.

15. lazarus20000

I think it's the other way round. Cesc for me played a significant period of time and wanted to go back home to Barca, fair enough as he made no secret to want to leave. But RVP spend most of his career with us injured and just about had one whole injury free season before jumping ship. Cesc was a Barca fan whereas RVP was an Arsenal fan. RVP shows no loyality in wanting to stay and repay all the support we gave him during his long injury periods. Cesc had a justifiable reason, RVPs was just driven by his own gain.

Sign Da Ting likes this.
  16. lazarus20000

Sorry duplicate post. Please delete.

17. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

I don't really care about van Persie leaving us (although I do feel he should have given more credit to Wenger for sticking by him through the rape case and the years he spent on the injury table when we could have easily have shipped him off). To be honest, how is it really that much different from when top players leave their teams to join us? It's like a double standard all fans seem to have when it comes to their own players. At the end of the day, van Persie didn't really owe us anything, he had no real affiliation with the club and he's a professional who saw an opportunity to earn more money and win silverware at another place. If we're being honest with ourselves, at the time, how many people begrudged van Persie his move? Why didn't the club get more abuse for actually sanctioning the move? You say van Persie was driven by his own gain, but so are 99% of players.

Cesc on the other hand, our club captain, decided to scurry off to Spain on the last day of the 2010/11 season for the Grand Prix when he should have been prioritising us. In addition to this, he was so desperate to move, he was willing to put in his own personal money to help fund the move to Barcelona after telling us his head was in the wrong place and how much he loved us.

So I'm with Cym on this one. Cesc's behaviour was worse than van Persie's.

18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

It just felt worst when RVP left as he'd only given us one good season. After years of sticking by him, giving him chance after chance and paying his wages when he was on the physio couch, he repayed us by ****ing off to one of our biggest rivals. I do take your point though that the club should take some blame for selling him to Utd. They should never have allowed that.

Sign Da Ting likes this.
  19. Smirnoffpriest

I also feel that if we'd kept rvp in that form then the season after we could have had a real crack at the title, instead we missed a goalscorer all season while rvps goals gave our biggest rivals the title. That really made it feel like a betrayal.

20. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Nah, the guy is well and truly past his peak.