1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Worst case scenario?

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by ostlan, Sep 8, 2016.

1. ostlan

ostlan Active Member

So, if the current situation regarding ME is to be believed and formal charges follow all the speculation and, assuming the charges stick and ME is found guilty of the alleged wrong doings regarding tickets for Rio, will the Football League then regard ME as ‘unfit’ to run ITFC as per their required mandate?

If this is the case where does that leave ITFC thereafter?

We know we are in debt and none of the new transfer monies has been re-invested.
    Does this mean ME is maybe ‘putting a bit aside for a rainy day’ dependent on the outcome of charges currently hanging over him?

If he is not allowed to run ITFC who would then take over that mantle?

Would ME be allowed to stay on in a non-executive roll or would he literally have to clear his desk?

And where would that leave ITFC financially?

There seems to be a lot more questions than answers at this stage but it all seems a little bit worrying to say the least.

Any thoughts?

2. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

From my limited understanding of the situation and of law in general, I feel fairly confident in the following.

- The punishment ME could receive would be nothing more than a fine and a ban on his (separate) firm operating on behalf of Olympic Committees or as an official ticket supplier for the IOC
    - THE Marcus Evans group, Pro 10 and all the other names listed are very separate to ITFC and therefore any fine etc. will not be from ITFC accounts (although ME may withhold some further funds if there is a seriously hefty fine)
    - I would say that if Cellino, Al-Hasawi etc. can own a football club then ME is safe as houses. The Football League hasn't given sanctions based on behaviors of an owners' other businesses, which fall outside of the FL's remit. Obviously the damaging of the ME reputation could affect the club, but reckon he'll be fine.

Or, it could all blow up spectacularly and we'll be flogged for a couple of shillings by the end of the season and find ourselves in a right out polava..

ostlan likes this.