1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Woodyer......

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by saintKlopp, May 25, 2017.

1. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

He shouldn't have been hired in the first place. Played who dicked us about for money and left us in the **** by running his contract down shouldn't be ambassador of the club. Not his fault though, and obviously slip of the tongue on his part if he said 'we'. Who cares tbh.

Jimmy Squarefoot and Zanjinho like this.
  2. saintKlopp

He's also one of the worst co-commentators, and there's some stiff competition there.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  3. Lucaaas

I could make a list of why Liverpool fans hate Man Utd, and vice versa, but I can't really be bothered because the list would be too long. I think you should read up on your history and pay closer attention to the rivalry in future, though!

4. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

And I think you should re-assess your life of you hate something because of a game. Each to their own eh... I prefer to hate people that cause real harm like killing others or raping children, not because of a sport and supporting an alternative team!

I know the history, I just don't care. I'm my own person with my own opinions. I never want them to win anything but it's certainly not the end of the world of they do. Inevitably, they will win things.

Equally, I don't give a **** what others think either. If they don't return well wishes then that's up to them. I certainly don't expect them too btw.

Diego likes this.
  5. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Need a Nun themed Mafia. "Town" need to track down who's been banging the bishop by excommunicating (instead of lynching) a player each turn.

The Bishops Babes (Mafia) each night organise a hit where they drug a nun each night and take her to the bishop. (She then leaves the nunnery in shame).

6. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

You need to write that damn programme!

7. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Think that one had Nina Hartley and Kay Parker in it.

Milk not bear jizz likes this.
  8. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

**** all this ****...It's like leppers debating whether keeping a toe or a finger is better...

1st is first ....and there's only 2 trophies that that means something.

We're both bitchy cause we ain't winning them at the mo....

Zanjinho likes this.
  9. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

Owen gave you the best years of his career, scoring you loads of goals, winning quite a few trophies. Including the Mickey Mouse treble <laugh>

All jokes a side though he owed Liverpool nothing when he left, as he served you well in his time with you, and didn't cost you a penny to buy.

Let's not forget he did play for us aswell, so I think he's quite entitled to say we, when we are playing a foriegn side. I could understand people's point if he said it during a United, Liverpool game. But it was one of his old teams against a Dutch side who he has no affiliation with. So it's only normal for him to want us to win.

Denis Law and Peter Schmeichel went and played for City after they left us. Law even relegated us, but you'd still be hard pressed to find a United fan who is in anyway bitter towards either player.

Both players are still legends to us.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  10. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Home
    Exactly. I liked it a few seasons ago when both Liverpool and Man Utd wete at the top battling for the same trophies. That's true rivalry and that's what makes the game excitingly.

Wish I was old enough to remember the 80s and is baling it out with Everton.

Last those clubs earnt the right to be wete they are. Not like Chelsea and Man City who both bought a place.

jenners04 likes this.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

I personally think the league cup ought to lose its uefa spot in favour of league and then see who is interested.

We are out of line with every other country in Europe doing a 3rd cup.

After all... We sent Swansea one year :)

12. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Nah, I wish for united to be relegated and suffers many years of misery.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  13. Jimmy Squarefoot

Owen was a brilliant players for us - one of my favourites.

The way he left didn't sit well with me but that's football and he's a professional with ambitions.

The only issue I have with Owen as ambassador is that I feel there are much better candidates for that role - people who genuinely have a real connection with the club. I'm not talking about a scouser but people like Kuyt, Rafa, Alonso all had strong relationships with the club and the city. (I'm not saying they're candidates, using them as examples)

saintKlopp likes this.
  14. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Maybe so but nothing wrong with showing respect still

Owen maximised his very limited abilities to great effect.

RE; the way he left... people always being this up but never say the sane for Mcmanaman who actually left for free. Least we got something for Owen, as **** as it was.

15. Jimmy Squarefoot

I wouldn't say Owen was limited, he was a world class player at one point.

Agree on Macca - he did exactly the same.

16. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

He was very limited. He could run fast and finish, that's it. He was very one footed and poor at heading. He did very little defensive work and rarely got assists. He benefited from very negative Houllier tactics and a unselfish provider in Heskey.

It's not a bad thing. Just like Carragher, he knew what his strengths were and used them to great effect. Players don't have to be robots mate

17. Lucaaas

How much money have those people you are basically calling sad for being passionate about their club and their rivals spent following this club? If it wasn't for them then you wouldn't have a club to support. These are the supporters that helped make nights like Istanbul possible with their passion and willingness to spend money following the club everywhere.

If you go to Anfield you'll get a better understanding of the tribal nature of football fans. Its not 'just a game' for everyone who spends huge amounts of money following the club every year.

Libby and Tobes like this.
  18. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Behave! He was faster even than Rashford at that age, and his finishing was totally in the same category as Rush. Indeed, you may as well say Rush was limited if that is the yardstick. His first hamstring pull, against Spurs @ 2000, if I remember rightly, slowed him down slightly, but by 2003 he, not Gerrard, was our plan A, B and Z: Houllier was just basically wellying the ball up for him to chase.

I remember going to a 'Boro away game in 2002: we played 4-5-1 against a mediocre 'Boro team, and Murphy didn't let them kick the ball for 40 minutes. Yet despite our total dominance, we insisted on playing Heskey on the left of midfield with Owen up against the then top Prem centre-back pairing of Southgate and Eghiogh (sp), pumping long high balls up for him. And so went Owen's last seasons.

By time he was sold though, injuries and strains were already taking their toll - Real didn't get anything like the player of even the 2002 WC, never mind the mini-treble side. He did shaft us, but he did want to come back to us: it was Rafa who (rightly) wouldn't pay £18m to match Newcastle's bid for a player sold twelve months earlier £8.5m. By all accounts, Owen was heartbroken. But he didn't shaft us as completely as McManaman, and the other Chuckle Brother who always gets an easy ride with fans - Fowler, pissed and snorted his talent up the wall until Houllier had to sell him to a gullible Leeds. And yet, Fowler is still some 'God' to the fans.

Michael Owen won us an FA Cup final, single-handed, against a far superior Arsenal side. Anyone who'd met both young men (Fowler) during their prime playing years would tell you which one was most suited to be an 'ambassador' for any club. I wonder if, in '88, had Rushie not come back from Juventus to us because we wouldn't match, say Spurs' valuation, would we have vilified him like Owen? And even when Owen signed for Ferguson it was AFTER we'd passed on the option (hystericl, when you think we'd taken back a two-stone overweight Fowler, but never mind). The man is a Liverpool legend - every bit and more than Alonso or Gary Mac, both players I adore. I can't believe how snide and petty we've become towards him.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  19. Lucaaas

He won the Ballon d'Or. It's useless having pace and finishing, if for example, you are Theo Walcott and don't have the movement and intelligence to match those first two attributes. Owen's timing of his runs was absolutely first class, his control of the ball at high speed was also brilliant plus his movement in tight areas meant he was always making space for himself.

20. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

How have I criticised anyone for being passionate about THEIR club? There is a world of difference between loving the club you follow to hating a rival up the road.

"Others do it" isn't a answer, it's a hiding place.

End of the day, you can hate them if you want. For me, life is too short for that bullshit and I only care about Liverpool FC (in footballing terms).

PS...I'll apologise if you thought I was calling you sad by saying you should assess your life. That wasn't intended and was purely a response to you questioning my love and knowledge of Liverpool FC