1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Woodgate.

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by ShelfSideSpur, Feb 17, 2011.

1. ShelfSideSpur

ShelfSideSpur Active Member

Injured again FFS!

Strained adductor muscle.

I know everyone was creaming themselves at his return (as was I) but he will never ever be properly fit IMO.

I said a year ago that I didn't think he'd ever play again and was glad that he proved me wrong, but surely he must be thinking of hanging up the boots for good for his own health reasons!

2. ShelfSideSpur

The thing is, he ran his socks off (albeit in a friendly) against QPR last week and was fine - he hardly had to do anything for the 30mins or so he was on the other night <grr>

3. ShelfSideSpur

Surely his 'natural athleticism' would be dead in the water after the amount of operations he has needed!

I can understand what you say about replication, but the QPR nippers ran him ragged for 90mins, in much more uncomfortable pitch conditions than the San Siro, where he hardly got out of first gear - he done more running in the warm-up ffs!

He is a fantastic player who has been blighted by injuries nearly all his career, I just can't see the 'White Ledley' ever making a proper comeback. Hope to god I'm wrong!

4. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

It's not unusual to pick up an injury after a long lay off. Hopefully it's just a blip.

Blip, Blip!

5. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

It's only a strain and was always likely. If he can come back in a couple of weeks, then no reason to think he won't be around for the run-in.