1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Wolves

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by BluefromBridgend, Dec 13, 2016.

1. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

We don't even qualify as sh1te. Awful first half. Must get Immers off and Lambert on.

Does Immers have an identical twin brother who is crap at football and replaced Immers when he got his contract?

2. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

go on Blue, say what you mean......

quiet on here tonight!

Connolly an unlikely scorer, but I'll take that.

3. BluefromBridgend

You didn't have to sit through that first half Remote.

Zohore and Noone making a difference this half.

4. ccfcremotesupport

Sounds as if I got lucky.

Listening to the second half. Sounds one way traffic towards the Wolves goal.

5. ccfcremotesupport

wooohoooo.

Zahore.

6. ccfcremotesupport

oooops. a bit excited. Pilks!!!

7. BluefromBridgend

What a difference second half. Have to say Manga was terrific throughout and Gunnar ran himself into the ground.

8. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Agree with BfB.

Noone & Zohore made a big difference second half.

We got hit by a sucker punch in the first 2 mins and was 2nd best first half Immers, Richardson & Whitts were a disaster.

9. Ccfc4ever

Ccfc4ever Well-Known Member

personally thought Whitts played well second half and had a part to play in both of our goals, Immers and Richardson are out in January though

10. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

Clearly Warnock knew where to shove the firework at half time. That's the best of Noone and Zohore I've seen in a long time.

Also what a save by Ben Amos. At fault for the opener but a crucial save to keep the scores level. Good to see it meant something to the fellas at the end as well <ok>

11. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Yes he improved 2nd half but that was not hard from his 1st half display.

12. BluefromBridgend

What a pleasant change to leave the ground with a smile on my face.

At last Noonie made a real difference. While his final ball is still not great and he runs around like a headless chicken at times, Wolves just did not know how to cope with him, left, right or up the middle. Credit to the guy he has had a lot of knocks this season but came out determined to make amends last night.

Perhaps, just perhaps, we have the makings of a centre forward in Zohore. For someone 6 ft 3 he is still poor in the air but he put himself about, when he got the ball to feet or chest he held it up and played others in, including an assist for Pilks goal and was very unlucky not to score with a snap chance volley. Worth another chance if he can keep that up.

I agree with Ccfc, taxis for Immers and Richardson. The latter tried but everything went wrong and for someone with his experience Richardson was anonymous. Hoilett and Bamba to stay (if Bamba and Colin kiss and make up). Chamakh and Richardson out.

Manga showed his class last night. Was he playing to show Colin he wants to stay or was it a shop window for potential buyers?

13. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

Absolutely cracking 2nd half. Kenny and Nooney definitely changed the game, but always fearful when Noone starts, I see him more as an impact player and can still see him going in January.

14. BluefromBridgend

I think the same could apply to Zohore. Lambert to run himself out first half and Ken to appear second half to add a bit more muscle. He seems to have more about him than Gonzo (Fred).

However, if Noonie can keep that level of performance going then he could stay. There are many more deserving of a place in the ejector seat. You can never fault Noonie's effort when others go missing.

15. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

I'd be stunned if Noone left. I think Warnock will be looking to add more attacking quality rather than lose the little we have.

I missed a few of his first few games on loan, but I have never seen Immers have a good game. I'm not sure I've ever seen him have an alright game. My conclusion is he's ****ing rubbish. Macheda did more for this club <laugh><laugh>

Zahore and Gong are interesting ones. There is definitely something there with both of them. Maybe Warnock has simplified things a bit for them and just told them to play to their strengths. When Zahore first arrived he had a habit of getting a chance even though he only spent a very limited amount of minutes on the pitch. If he can put himself about in the way he did for for his excellent assist last night I think the goals could well come too. He's young so could develop rapidly if things start to go his way <ok>.

16. Jay-Rede

I'd send Kenny to league one on loan personally. As you say Steve, he's 22 years old, still a youngster. Gong is dreadful, I'd get rid asap. I genuinely won't be surprised if Noone is shown the door. On his day he is one of the best in the league, but that's once in a blue moon.

17. BluefromBridgend

You've been talking to Sparkey too much Jay. :emoticon-0117-talki

Jay-Rede likes this.
  18. Jay-Rede

He's like a plague Bfb mate <laugh>

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  19. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bubonic I'd say.........<laugh>

Now to last night. That game was what it should be all about for City - clear evidence that at last we've got a manager who's prepared to think and act on the hoof and not accept the inevitable after that shambolic first half show.

Good management in being prepared to admit the starting 11 obviously wasn't working and changing it around after 45 minutes and not chasing it with 10 minutes to go. In the recent past with Slade and Trollope, we would have lost that game.

It looked a strange set up to me and I was dubious when he started them, but the half time hook of Richardson and Immers for Noone and Ken was clinical and decisive. I've not liked Noone this season and have said so but last night he was a constant threat and worried Wolves from his first kick. Zohore did everything asked of him but score.

In the middle, Gunnar has been reborn by Warnock and was up for it from the start, but to be honest Whitts looked a like a bit of a spare part. Once Noone and Zohore were on, he came into his own and started to influence the game far more giving the excellent Hoilet and classy Pilks good service.

At the back Manga was as effective as Bamba has been - we didn't really miss him. Connolly was good without being spectacular and Peltier solid as ever if sometimes looking to be sent off any minute.

All in all, Warnock won that game at half time.

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  20. isawronnymoorescore

isawronnymoorescore Well-Known Member

Dreadful first half.
    Fantastic second half.
    Wolves fans giving their players some real vitriol at the end of the game. Big club syndrome.
    Very happy on the drive home last night. Plus out of the mire for now. lets hope thats the last we see of the bottom 3 places this season.

On the rumour front, apparently Neil has the players he needs, has been given the go ahead and all will be signed on day one of the window. Remember where you heard it first !!