1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wolves will avoid relegation - despair not!

Discussion in 'Wolves' started by Orangputeh, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Orangputeh

Orangputeh Member

So much doom and gloom in these articles!

Everyone seems so concerned about the manager - the old one or the new one or even the one that might have been - that they seem to forget that it is the team on the pitch that win matches.
    Look around - there are four other clubs in real danger of going down and in all cases, they don't have much form either.
    With 12 matches yet to be played, it's early days for relegation predictions, but since Wolves have (IMHO) the least dangerous fixture list, I expect them to finish clear of the drop zone.:emoticon-0100-smile

I must add that I was sorry to see Mick go.

2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

wolves and wigan have booked the bottom two spots this season there is no doubt about that. who will get the last place i dont know.....i think qpr myself.....

3. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

Agreed. Wolves look every bit a good championship team to me. They have survived 2 years longer than they should have done but now the games up. Wolvers fixture list does not help either. As for the last 2 places thats in the lap of the gods. Its not all bad for Wolves fans though as they will have derby games with Birmingham, Leicester and Derby for sure next season. Its never a good idea to sack your manager without having one in place to take over. Oh dear, lol.

4. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

Not just that, they should have never got rid of him.

Wolves board = idiots.

5. johhny757

johhny757 Well-Known Member

The chairman or owner whatever his name is should walk away.

When they came up, he said they were not going to just make up the numbers. Frankly, that's all they have really ever done and you have to give credit to MM for working miracles with the squad he had. To sack him and then be snubbed by second rate managers shows me that they knew they would be working with constraints that could never see them improve and then he lies and says this o'connor guy was first choice all along. Don't make me laugh. I just feel sorry for the fans because I know a few and they are good guys.

Supposedly, the owners business is going tits up as well. It does not surprise me with the business accumen of this guy.

6. itsinthenet

itsinthenet Member

If you really thought that Steve Morgan was going to invest in the team then you really are deluded, he is too busy building houses and making money to be bothered about running a football club, He is building your ground that is all he is interested in! your just another transaction to him!

7. Orangputeh

Orangputeh Member

With optimism, I started this thread 5 matches ago in the hope that the guys on the pitch would rally around a new manager and turn the tide around. Clearly, that has not happened.

On paper, those 5 matches included home fixtures which an on form Wolves side would have a real chance of winning, but sadly, luck and form appear to have deserted the team, such that there is now dissension on the pitch.
    Now firmly at the foot of the table, 6 points and possibly a 16 goal shortfall from relative safety, caretaker manager Terry Connor says his side can still avoid relegation!! Even with 7 matches to go, he is less of a realist than I was back in February!!!

Since I can't see more than 3 or 4 points being gained from the remaining fixtures, at best, I'm afraid it's the Championship next season.

8. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

WRONG WRONG and WRONG AGAIN.!!!!! Wolverhampton have booked the bottom slot for sure. Its nailed on now. Wolves join the ranks of the bottom clubs from the past...2011=West Ham, 2010=Portsmouth, 2009=Middlesboro
    get ready for years of struggleand NPFL football. Lol.

as for the other 2 slots well all 4 are having a real go for survival and dont rule out Villa making a late bid for one of them either ? LOL.

i would like to see blackburn and qpr go down as Bolton & Wigan deserve to stay UP.

9. Orangputeh

Orangputeh Member

I guess having started this thread it is up to me to finally state the obvious, (though not so obvious back in February), that Wolves, sadly, will be relegated.

The seemingly not-too-difficult last 12 fixtures of the season have turned out to be harder than forecast and (IMHO), the sacking of Mick was the worst mistake the management made.<doh>

Wolves will probably be joined in the drop by QPR and Blackburn.

10. Ffsdon'tpassittohim

Ffsdon'tpassittohim Well-Known Member

Cheer up :laugh: we're really looking forward to your visit at the Liberty Stadium next week, and thanks so much for letting your bench warmer, Dorris play. We're so looking forward to welcoming him back after his, Wolves will probably stay up and Swansea won't , type comments when leaving us, wonder what he's thinking now?<somersault>

11. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

QPR fan in peace. Sad to see Terry Connor looking so lost over the last few weeks. I have no doubt that he is a good man. He took a poisoned chalice taking over from MM. QPR will avoid the drop BTW. You guys, Bolton and Blackburn are going.

12. valleyswan

valleyswan Active Member

This :)

Good luck in the championship wolves fans.

13. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Has there been a worse decision for a player this year? Leaving the first XI at Swansea to warm the bench at a team that finishes bottom. Career disaster.

14. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Commiserations, Wolves. Big club, big crowd. Hope you bounce straight back up.

15. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

No pleasure in watching your demise ,just glad it's you and not us

16. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

yep you have to admit that wolves were the worst team in the premiership. even with MM they still would have gone down. bolton will be next followed by either blackburn or wigan.....probably blackburn....still who cares we are staying up and thats all that matters..<ok>

17. FILEYseadog

FILEYseadog Well-Known Member

Back to Division 4 you go, shame you won't be playing Scarborough though . Won't ever forget that fan who nearly landed on my head . Or the battle to keep your scummy fans out of Scarboroughs side stand though out numbered by at least 15 to 1 the wolves fans failed ... Here's to you going down again ...

18. valleyswan

valleyswan Active Member

Feeling a little bitter are you ? There may be pills for that

19. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

lol