1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wolves v Sunderland - after game protest???

Discussion in 'Wolves' started by CountyDurhamMackem, Oct 24, 2011.

1. CountyDurhamMackem

Hi lads, heard recently that after our game on December 4th your fans are planning a protest after the game against modern football? Do any of you's know more about this cos I'll be going to the game and I know alot of SAFC fans who'll be interested in joining in.

Cheers.

2. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Not heard anything myself, i will be going to that game, its on Saturday 3rd not the 4th as far as i am aware. will have a look into it and post more if i find anything out

3. CountyDurhamMackem

It has been moved to the Sunday I think mate! That was why the protest was gonna be then cos it'll be on the SKY cameras.

I've seen this on another SAFC forum -

Dear A Love Supreme,

First of all a disclaimer: I'm a Wolves fan. You may have heard of an embryonic movement emerging out of our own, mostly online, fan groups concerning a protest against the ills of modern football. I believe in its early form we have christened it Take Back Our Game and have given it the appropriate introductions to the world of social media.

Our initial plan was simply a protest of sorts against high ticket prices/sanitising of the modern game and our home game against Sunderland had been touted as the appropriate date as it is live on Sky.

The plan has since grown and we now aim to achieve something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrSs453rRr8

A protest organised by two Swedish derby rivals earlier this year. Both sets of fans agreed to remain silent for ten minutes, holding banners declaring "this is the future of football" etc. before launching into a display of brilliant support.

Just to be clear; this is not a protest against our particular club, nor aspects of it. It is the express our frustration and dismay at a modern game that seriously contemplates such ideas as the "39th game" and the end of relegation.

If you are interested in our aims, or believe that Sunderland fans would be receptive to our idea we were wondering if you could help put us in touch with Sunderland fans who may be coming to Molineux and maybe spreading the idea of our movement in general?

Many thanks,
    Alex Hogan

4. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

What the hell is modern football ? we cannot even play football back to the championship for SAFC now.

5. FTM Dave

FTM Dave Well-Known Member

SAFC fan in peace.

Well done today, your team are full of fighters and have a lot of bottle.

And I have good mates who live in Wolverhampton. I was there for our 1-1 draw a few years back.

And for obvious reasons I have a soft spot for your manager.

I'm still in a stinking mood tonight though :-(