1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Wolves v QPR

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Tramore Ranger, Dec 30, 2016.

1. qpherts

qpherts Well-Known Member

Will we keep a winning team for Ipswich? ?

QPR Oslo likes this.
  2. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

3. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Leicester only dreamed of that percentage of possession last season, Col. :)

Tramore Ranger likes this.
  4. seahoop

seahoop Well-Known Member

5. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Spoke to somebody on FB who was at the game and he confirmed Manning had a very good debut and that he will surely start against Ipswich.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  6. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Wise words from a very hoarse Holloway from which we can also know there are some who don't want to play for QPR. Get rid asap. We want guts and glory on the pitch!

Tramore Ranger and QPR999 like this.
  7. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

QPR Oslo likes this.
  8. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

The second goal was Carl Ikeme's biggest contribution to QPR

9. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0136-giggl:emoticon-0136-giggl

10. Rangers Til I Die

Have to say, having watched the highlights, huge well done to Jamie Mackie. Persisted and.crossed for the 1st and gritty determination to get a shot off which created the second.
    Muchaligned on this board but did well - at least in the brief highlights.

11. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Wzolek made the first

12. Rangers Til I Die

Commentator said Mackie. Apologies.

13. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

We need the Mackies of this world for the rest of this season.

Ninj and Rangers Til I Die like this.
  14. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

A good time to get a result, this window may well be the most important for many years, bringing in players who will make a difference is as vital as getting shot of those who are 'passengers'...

15. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

OLLIE: ‘AS GOOD A FIGHTING SPIRIT AS I’VE SEEN’
    www.qpr.co.uk:
    Gaffer thrilled after Wolves win ...
    • QPR boss Ian Holloway speaks following our 2-1 victory at Wolves in the Sky Bet Championship
    • Pawel Wszolek's 87th-minute goal wins it for Rangers
    • Idrissa Sylla also on target at Molineux
    IAN Holloway reflected on a ‘big effort’ from his side, as Rangers ended a run of six straight Sky Bet Championship defeats by collecting a 2-1 victory at Wolves.

Idrissa Sylla gave the R’s a 53rd-minute lead, before the hosts levelled through Dave Edwards just eight minutes later.

Wolves then piled on the pressure thereafter – but it was to be the Hoops’ afternoon following late, late drama at Molineux.

Pawel Wszolek – who provided the assist for Rangers’ first goal – this time got himself on the scoresheet, showing real determination to poke home an 87th-minute winner.

Speaking shortly after the full-time whistle, Holloway cut a proud figure as he explained to

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/2...hip-molineux-3493930.aspx#8hwTIqr6CK4FLqt1.99

“Today I asked for fight and spirit.
    “We’ve had players going down [with injury] like skittles, to be honest. And, unfortunately, we couldn’t get Nedum Onuoha off his suspension, [following his red card at Brighton last time out]. So everybody felt a little bit sorry for themselves.

“But that’s as good a fighting spirit as I’ve seen.
    “I gave Ryan Manning his debut for us, and he epitomised what I’m all about. He showed heart, fight – that’s also as good a debut as I’ve seen. And I thought the lads really helped him out.
    “Jamie Mackie’s been out for seven months. He was a big influence today, as well.

“In reality, we’ve come here and robbed the win, haven’t we? When they got the equaliser, it looked ominous – it looked like we couldn’t cope. And I couldn’t really change things too much.
    “In the end, the winner is the luckiest, ugliest goal that you’ll ever see – but Pawel just doesn’t stop running.
    “He doesn’t speak much English, but if wants to run and bundle them in like that, I’ll continue to be delighted.”

Holloway added: “It was a big effort from all the players. Football is about building, and building some belief, and we’ve got that tonight through scrapping for things.
    “This division is so tough. All the football in the world doesn’t always get you there – especially when you don’t take your chances and someone goes bang at the other end.

“I thought we earned that (the win) from other games, not necessarily today.
    “I’m sure Paul (Lambert) will feel that they were the better team, who played the better stuff. But at the end of the day, and as we’ve found out, you’ve got to put the ball in the net.
    “We managed to do that twice today – and that feels very nice.”
    Next up for Rangers? A visit from Ipswich Town in just two days’ time at Loftus Road.
    “The games come thick and fast,” Holloway continued. “We’ve got to get home tonight, come in tomorrow and then get ready for another one on Monday.
    “Hopefully we can take the good feeling into the next game.
    “It’s nice to have a little bit of confidence which, deep down, is all about believing that you can get a positive result.
    “Given what’s happened lately, that’s a big, big performance from us.”

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/2...hip-molineux-3493930.aspx#8hwTIqr6CK4FLqt1.99

NorwayRanger and Tramore Ranger like this.
  16. Telford Ranger

Telford Ranger Well-Known Member

He did and, just prior to where the highlight reel clicks in, so did Mackie battling for the ball. Such a lousy view for that goal from where I was sitting I only realised it had gone in when the players jumped up. He also did great work for the first goal. That run started way back after a neat little pass from Nbakoto and he totally burned off the defender. And unlike the second I saw it all the way. I was up cheering as Sylla hit the ball. One of those you just know is going in.

NorwayRanger and Tramore Ranger like this.
  17. Telford Ranger

Yeah I don't get the dislike of Mackie. Never gives up, never stops trying. His first full game in over half a year and he's slide tackling at right back in the 93rd minute after running his socks off the whole game.

Ninj, NorwayRanger, QPR Oslo and 3 others like this.
  18. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Been out all day, very pleasant lunch at Mount Juliet in Co Kilkenny and nice to hear on the radio on way home that we won for a change.......nice to do a smash and grab as it sounds like we were on the back foot most of the time.....

Maybe this is the bit of luck we need to kick start our assent to mid table consolidation......well done lads.

Happy New Year all.

U R'S

QPR999 and UTRs like this.
  19. Telford Ranger

Yeah you pretty much had it spot on Col, just swap Yeni and Wszolek. Yeni and Mackie switched wings about half an hour in, reverted back second half and when Washington came on Mackie went back to the right. Ariel for Sandro was a straight swap.

Tramore Ranger likes this.
  20. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Cheers mate.