1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Woking Vs The Gas Game Thread

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image
    VS

2. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Sorry forgot the poll its a ****ing nightmare trying to do a thread now since the pointless change over to the new format. So just post what you think the score will be. :emoticon-0148-yes:

3. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm going. With the new signings on board and at least 1,000 travelling supporters
    I'd expect something like a 2 or 3-1 win for Rovers.

4. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Woking have a good home record so I'm going for a 1-1 with Easter to score on his debut

5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

6. bs3 gas

bs3 gas Well-Known Member

3-0 to the gas. Easter to get a brace.

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

my prediction is woking 0 rovers 2.

also, woking has played twice since we last played, the last was last night. we should be refreshed while they should be tired.

8. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

nah, we are in form, we should be very refreshed, we just signed 2 players to strengthen us and better us, we are full of confidence and actually scoring goals while not conceding and we will have 1000 plus gasheads in attendance.

vs

a team who have played twice since we last played and add that on top of a hectic xmas period meaning they should be tired, they havent won a game in the last 6 and are the only team not to have won, 3rd bottom in the form table and are 15th in the home table.

again, we should be winning this.

here is the form table http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/conference-premier/2014-2015/form-table/full

10. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

yes, i am very confident :)

11. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

All you need to know about the home of Saturday's opponents!
    Kingfield Stadium

Telephone: 01483 772470

Ticket Information: It is pay on the day ONLY for all visiting supporters and there will be segregation in place between supporters. Rovers have been allocated 400 seats with a total away capacity of 1,600.

Admission Prices:
    Adult - £15
    Concessions** - £10
    Juniors (under-16's) - £3

**Those aged over 65 or students carrying a valid student card.

Capacity: 6,000 (2,500 seated)

How To Get There:
    By Car -
    Take the M4 East until Junction 10 where you then join the A329(M) toward Wokingham. Continue on the A329 until you join the A322 until you join the A319. From the A319 take the second exit on the roundabout onto the A3046 and then follow signs for Woking Football Club.

From the Station -
    Leave the station by the exit on platform 5 and turn immediately right down the station approach road until you come to the pelican crossing. Cross over towards the Magistrates' Courts. Keeping the Magistrates ' Courts and the Police Station to your left, follow the A320 out of town towards Guildford. About 300 yards past the Police Station turn left down Constitution Hill (past Southview Surgery). Some 75 yards further on you will come to the entrance to Woking Park on your left. Turn in, continue down through the barrier and take the first path on your right. Follow this path all the way through the park, keeping the Swimming Pool to your left, and continue on through the middle of the parking areas. The path will bring you out to the main road directly opposite the ground. Alternatively, if you don't want to walk through the park, continue along the A320 until you reach the junction with the A247 and follow the signs towards Dorking. You will then reach the ground on your right.

Sat Nav: GU22 9AA

Distance: 101 miles

Duration: 1 hr 51 mins

Car Parking: Traveling supporters are requested to use
    Heathside Car Park as there are no parking areas around Kingfield Stadium.

It has been brought to our notice that cars parking in Westfield Avenue have been subjected to parking tickets, this also applies to cars parking on the grass verge near the ground. We therefore suggest that you try to park elsewhere to avoid this happening to you.

12. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Stuart Sinclair talks ahead of Woking away

The fixture list this season has thrown up several new experiences this season but Stuart Sinclair is glad to get back playing this weekend.

“It was good to have the time off after the busy Christmas because the bodies needed a break but you still want to play.

“I didn’t know what to do with myself on Saturday without a game, you try to go to the gym and occupy yourself but you just feel a bit lost.

“Because we’ve been on a good run you want to keep playing but it is one of those things but I can’t wait to get back playing this weekend.

Woking faced Oxford United on Tuesday night in the reply of their FA Trophy second round fixture but Sinclair tries not to think about that too much.

“You don’t want to think about it because you might then be making excuses for themselves we just need to go into the game and do the job that we need to do.

“When we go to away matches and take the support that we do it’s great because our fans are unbelievable.

“Sometimes people forget the influence a crowd can have on the team and either when we are at home of away the supporters are like our 12th man.

Rovers added Adam Dawson and Jermaine Easter to the squad this week and Stuart is happy with the new additions and the new faces around the training ground.

“It is always good to make the team stronger, especially at this period in the season so hopefully these fresh faces will help us out.

“Bringing in someone like Jermaine [Easter] is massive for the club and he is someone that is going to bring a lot to us with his goals and his experience so that can only be good for us.

“Adam [Dawson] has got some unbelievable feet if you watch him in training and I’m just looking forward to playing with them both and linking up with them on the pitch.

“I think that coming into a dressing room like ours helps because everyone of the lads is brilliant and this is definitely the best dressing room that I’ve been involved with.

“I would like to think that we are friendly with new players coming in and make them feel welcome and I think it shows on the field how close we all are.

Read more at http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news...back-playing-2204750.aspx#kwmFW3FoqBTEpRxD.99

13. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

LAST TIME OUT

Bristol Rovers 2 Woking 0

20 September 2014

The Cards suffered their second successive defeat on the road at the hands of a resurgent Bristol Rovers side at a lively Memorial Stadium. Garry Hill’s side got off to the worst possible start, conceding in the third minute as Adam Cunnington volleyed home. They more than held their own in the remainder of the first half, causing some anxiety to Rovers fans, who wanted to see their side build on their early lead. But the Cards found it hard to keep their passing game going in the second half and Rovers wrapped the game up in the 86th minute with a fine Lee Mansell strike from a free-kick.

Woking: Ross Worner, Adam Newton (Nick Arnold 64), Joe McNerney, Mike Cestor, Chris Arthur, Giuseppe Sole (Reece Beckles 82), John Goddard(Keiran Murtagh 74), Josh Payne, Joey Jones, Dean Morgan, Scott Rendell

Unused subs: Andy Little, Theo Lewis

Booked: Cestor, Jones, Murtagh, Arthur, Payne

Bristol Rovers: Steve Mildenhall, Daniel Leadbitter, Lee Brown, Tom Lockyer, Tom Parkes, Lee Mansell, Matty Taylor (Jamie White 93), Jake Gosling (Ollie Clarke 46), Dave Martin, Stuart Sinclair, Adam Cunnington (Ellis Harrison 61)
    Unused subs: Will Puddy, Mark McChrystal

Booked: Gosling

Attendance: 6028 (276 Woking fans)

14. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Im looking forward to watching him!!

15. A Matter Of Time

A Matter Of Time Well-Known Member

16. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

no chance.

lets make things interesting..... if it ends 0-0 then i will swap positions with you in the attendance game <ok>

nothing happens to you if you're wrong.

deal? :)

17. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

I'll go for that. 0-0 Deal? ;)

18. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

i can only swap with 1 person baldee, not 2 :)

offer is open to amot but if he declines the offer then its open to you. but the likelihood of him turning down a nothing to lose but everything to gain offer, i think is slim :)

19. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

The manager's thoughts before this weekend's game

With Saturday’s fixture with Woking becoming ever closer, Rovers boss Darrell Clarke is hoping to have his squad back at full strength.

“Steve [Mildenhall] is back in full training and has been for three or four days but we still need to see how it goes.

“Neal Trotman’s hamstring is recovering well and he might be available for selection on Saturday.

“Stuart Sinclair has missed a few days with a kicked foot but we are hoping that will be pretty much full strength.

“There is a lot of competition for places and there are decisions to be made but these are good decisions that we have to make.

“The whole squad know that I try to change things as I see fit to try and win every game and Saturday won’t be any different.

“Woking are a good side with good players, I went to watch them the other day and they’ve got players that can hurt you.

“They’ve been going through a bit of a sticky patch but they won on Tuesday so I’m sure that will breed some confidence.

Rovers made two additions to their team earlier this week in Adam Dawson and Jermaine Easter and Darrell tells us that they have both settled in well.

“Jermaine [Easter] is a great professional which is why I brought him to the football club he does things right on the pitch and he will be great for us in the changing room as well.

“He brings us that big game experience and these last 16 games are big football matches.

“Both of the lads did well in training on Tuesday and we are hoping for more of the same today.

“I’m happy with the squad we’ve got here now after this weeks additions, I don’t want too big a squad and I think we’ve got good quality rather than quantity, which I’m very happy with.

The fixture list this season has thrown up several new experiences for the Rovers squad with games difficult to come by after a very hectic festive period.

“It is frustrating that we play Woking and then don’t play again for a couple of weeks.

“I tried to get a game arranged for that Saturday [24th Jaunuary] but unfortunately that hasn’t come off so we just have to get on with it and get the balance right.

20. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Woking have been having a real go this season. We're a big scalp for them and we may have to settle for a draw. But I think we'll do well - a fit squad with plenty of competition and raring to go after a break. I'm going for 4-1!