1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Will Bale Stay?

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by SpursDisciple, Aug 12, 2013.

?

Will Bale be playing for Spurs in September

Poll closed Aug 30, 2013.
  1. Yes

36.8%
  2. No

63.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

As the discussion on Bale seems to creep into every thread, I thought creating one where any ITK gossip, news, theories and opinions can be kept in one place.

I suscribe to the theory that there is too much smoke for this fire not to have been lit. I think he will go before the end of the window. Your views?

2. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

my thoughts on this change almost daily.
    Today i feel he will stay. If he turns out for Wales on weds then i may well change my mind again.

3. Spudulike

Spudulike Well-Known Member

I'll wait to see if he trains and plays for Wales until I cast my vote. That will be the most revealing piece of factual information we've had in weeks on this sorry saga.

4. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

thats just cheating. Can i withdraw my vote and then do it again on sept 3rd? ;)

5. SpursDisciple

Forum Moderator

I agree. The fact that he hasn't pulled out already is what has made my mind up. If he pulls out of the squad before Wednesday, then their may be an element of doubt. Adam Suter nearly convinced me he will stay, but on balance, no, he's gone.

6. SpursDisciple

Forum Moderator

Nope, the poll will be closed by then!

7. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

in all honesty I think he has all but gone ... I would love him to stay for one more season but can't see it happening.
    Real are desperate and unfortunately he appears to be keen to go there...and the media are never going to let it go until he leaves and as I am bored ****less by the speculation it might well be a blessing in disguise when it finally ends....if he is still with us on 2nd sept at 11.01pm all the media will do is start on about him ging in January!

8. Inda

Inda Well-Known Member

It's like picking the winning horse after it's crossed the line!

I think a daily poll is in order. My choice of voting option will likely change twice an hour.

9. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

I'm already regretting my choice. I only made it about 2mins ago

10. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

This ^^

11. SpursDisciple

Forum Moderator

When he's gone or signed a new contract, I'll get it closed, but with no actual news out there - <grr> - there is no reason to have multiple polls.

12. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

I've said yes, I think he's staying. For a start I'll echo what others have said in that its Madrid or bust now in terms of where he'd go, he's not going to a Prem side. I think Levy and the club hierarchy seem pretty pissed off at Madrid and they will either keep the price so high that Madrid won't pay it or they will just take a stand and point blank refuse to sell. We have no great financial need to sell as the investment in the squad this summer has been partially offset by outgoing players (we may yet see more out of the door), and the new stadium is not, as I understand it, dependent in any way on selling Bale to raise the funds. I don't doubt that Madrid may have turned Bale's head a bit over this summer but looking at his comments over the last few years, and particularly after his latest and most successful season he seems to be enjoying his time here. He may now fancy a move to Madrid a bit but you don't fall out of love with a club this quickly, certainly not if you're the kind of person Bale seems to be. Its been said over and over again that he seems very settled in the UK, likes being quite close to his family in Wales, and has a young kid who he may not want to move to Spain. I don't think he'll hand in a transfer request and even if he did Levy may be bloody minded enough, at this late stage, to rip it up in his face. If he handed in that request at the start of the window it may well have been a different story but everything now points to us doing our business early, so Levy may not fancy a late surge in a market where everyone would know we were flush with funds and could thus rinse us for fees and wages.

Thats just my view, I have no doubt that others may view it differently!

13. Having put my entire faith in Cliff Jones these past 18 months, I've now done a 180 degrees' turn and voted "no."

Football, eh! It's a funny old game.

14. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Then vote in the last half hour of the last hour.

15. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

Well, I guess we'll be finding out later today whether he's fit or not.
    If he is, It's game over for me. To be unfit for last Saturday, but then be classed as fit 2 days later??!!
    We'll be finding out in the very near future...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...assess-gareth-bales-fitness-ahead-of-friendly

Wales boss Chris Coleman will assess Gareth Bale's fitness on Monday afternoon ahead of Wednesday's friendly international against the Republic of Ireland.

Bale, who has not played for Tottenham for nearly a month and missed Saturday's 1-1 pre-season friendly draw with Espanyol with a foot injury, has been linked with a move to Real Madrid throughout the summer, although Spurs insist the 23-year-old is not for sale.

Andre Villas-Boas said the player is unlikely to be fit for Spurs' Premier League opener against Crystal Palace on Sunday, but he is with the Wales squad ahead of the first training session in Newport.

Aside from considering to what extent Bale can be involved in his plans this week, Coleman must also decide whether to call up replacements for Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey (ankle) and West Ham defender James Collins (knee), who have both withdrawn from the squad.

16. If Bale was genuinely unfit there is absolutely no way the club would let him go on international duty. None.

Bale no more has a foot injury than Rooney has a shoulder injury.

Let's be honest with ourselves, guys - Bale is out of here.

17. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

if he plays for Wales when we've said he's unlikely to make it for Palace then its game over i think.

I thought he had a butt injury?

18. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

Personally I believe Bale wants the move to happen and in his mind he's outgrown us, but there is definitely an issue with finances as if this was a bid of 50-60 million and that's what we accepted, the deal would have happened

But as we have told madrid they have to break the world record there is clearly a chance the deal won't go ahead, yet I reckon it will go down to the wire and we won't have a solution until the end of the window.

19. Billy The Spur

Billy The Spur Well-Known Member

I desperately hope he stays but I have voted NO, there are just too many pointers to suggest he is going. Our uncharacteristic spending, the complete silence from Bale, this supposed injury and his agent drip feeding his feelings to the media etc etc. It seems to me that we probably have agreed with Madrid that the move is kept quiet whilst we complete our transfer business to avoid being ripped off.

I hope I am wrong and Bale stays to have a shot at the title.

20. Yeah, I think you are right.
    <ok>

Well, when I say "right," what I mean is that that is the fake injury that the club has attributed to him.
    <ok>