1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Will 4 points or more in the next 2 games save LJ his job?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by oneforthebristolcity, Jan 31, 2017.

1. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Fans were brilliant last night too and got right behind the team- That was good to see. Yes, Hegeler and Tomlin stood out.

Redandy and bcfcredandwhite like this.
  2. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

No so much this season mate due to work commitments and the odd week away!! But I know I can count on you to cheer JUNIOR and his team when I'm not there!!
    Really think he needs to address the goals we are leaking at the back and we will be fine, if he continues to not deal with this problem, he will deservedly be shown the door.
    Regarding Tomlin, I sometimes wonder that either he feels or LJ does, that playing wider gives him more freedom in his creativity!

3. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

points are needed ... 6pts after Rotherham at 1 per game average would be minimum ... I have put up all the fixtures for the playing each other as a reference elsewhere but our run in ( groups of match's) is very defined just VERY hard or not so hard!

4. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Yes, its tough- 6 points would be good.

5. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

The OP said will 4 points save LJ his job.
    The answer is; no, it shouldn't. 4 points in 2 games is ok, so it may give him a reprieve, but no, he won't be safe until WE are safe from relegation - and begin to see a shape and style. We seem a bit 'random ' from what I've seen (from my bedroom)
    We could get another 3 points at Rotherham followed by another losing streak.
    It would take a lot more than 4 poxy points in2 games to convince me he is the right man for the job and I have been wrong since the Cardiff game.

6. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

And I reckon that's very likely looking at the fixtures.

LJ continues to lead a charmed life with both Blackburn and Burton losing last night.

7. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Not sure what a charmed life has to do about it Blackburn and Burton are below us because they lose games on a regular basis so last night wasn't really a shock :emoticon-0100-smile

8. Angelicnumber16

Charmed because had Blackburn, Wigan and co picked up any more points recently we'd now be 23rd in the league not 20th.

9. johngalleyfan2

<ok> our destiny is not only in our own hands but that OF OTHERS AS WELL

10. Angelicnumber16

And so far we, and LJ, have led a charmed life as the teams below us continue to lose key games.
    But when we face Leeds, Derby, Villa, Newcastle etc and don't get any points, we could well find ourselves overhauled by teams below us and be in the bottom 3 come March.
    Wigan have brought in 8 new players who will doubtless be out to prove a point.

We also still have to go to both Wigan and Blackburn.

11. johngalleyfan2

THESE ARE WIN/DRAW games we are likely going to lose 6 more before season end so let them be v THE TOP 6 OR 8 TEAMS...6 WINS 6 DRAWS AND 6 LOSSES in the last 18 games will see us on 52 points + we hope

12. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

On that basis-Mid table form then needed to stay up- Not much to ask at present by does mean that we can only have 6 more defeats, making the forthcoming 4 away games to be needing 5.33 points, so 6.
    3 points on Saturday really is necessary. That brings the above target down to 5. Anything less, we get in more and deeper trouble. Cant say I am confident.

13. johngalleyfan2

to the wire