1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Wigan Ath v Leeds Utd / The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, May 3, 2017.

?

Scoreline: Wigan Athletic v Leeds Utd

Poll closed May 7, 2017.
  1. 0-0

10.0%
  2. 1-1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2-2

10.0%
  4. 3-3 or higher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Wigan by 1

20.0%
  6. Leeds by 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Wigan by 2

10.0%
  8. Leeds by 2

20.0%
  9. Wigan by 3 or more

10.0%
  10. Leeds by 3 or more

30.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Wigan Athletic v Leeds Utd
    Sunday 7th [email protected]
    Streaming links to follow
    Good Morning Everyone,

Alas, the last game of the season is upon us.

Leeds make the 50 mile trip to the DW Stadium for the Sunday lunchtime lick off dreaming about what could have been.

Personally, I think the catalyst for our downfall for the Sutton Utd Cup game, but there you go.

Could this be Monks last game in charge or will Radrizzani pull something out of the bag.

Should Monk give some of the development players a go?

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Aaron Lennon detained for his own safety (mental health act), hope he is okay, I always hoped we would sign him back one day.

I can't get excited about the last game, I want it out the way and I'm looking forward to seeing what Rad has planned, I'm optimistic after his recent backroom appointments.

Considering those appointments you can't help feel he is seeking advice regarding Monk and checking out what other options might be available?

Morning all.

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

My thoughts are with Lennons family and I hope he can get sorted out.

First on the agenda today is last nights twitter reports, again brought to my attention by O'Rourke who chippy dislikes, but he was on the phones trying to get confirmation that Cellino was now gone completely. If true significant because it means Rad has paid him off but more likely has found a new partner, which means either more cash or just the status quo. It also means we can act in the markets now and get Monk signed up rather than wait until June.

4. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Looks like Boro will join Sunderland in the Championship next season, but who will be the third team?

Will it be Swansea or Hull.

Who would you want relegated more?

5. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning ristac, very very concerning news about Lennon. Let's hope he get the help and treatment he needs

6. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Doc, a Chippy's like list would be very short <laugh>

If your statement is true, lets hope it strengthens our stability.

7. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

morning elland and everyone.on monks appointment i think radz will have got his thoughts together long ago.
    as for teams coming down i want the ones who will bring most support to our ground.more money equals better players .

8. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Wakey, saw you were posting at 2.30am? Don't you sleep???

It was reported by Hay that Monk has a list of demands that must be met if he is to stay. My guess would be

9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Ristac have you any details about this Kinnear geezer whos reported to be new CEO at Leeds, and does that mean that Mansford is now gone. If true it backs up the claim that Cellino has gone already.

10. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

sleep ? yes i usually do but am often up for work at that time.not today though i fell asleep on setee last evening so bloody woke up and could not get back off.bloody annoying as it happens at least once a week.off to kefalonia on Saturday but will keep reading for news while away.hoping for a great summer at the club.

11. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Independent and Telegraph are reporting it is as good as done deal. They broke the news a few days ago that he was set to join. Guy on Talk Sport repeated it yesterday and then added Kinnear had resigned from his post at West Ham yesterday lunch time (probably needs to work notice off?)

They did add that he will be replacing Mansford and that it signals Cellino has agreed to sell the remaining 50%. The guy on Talk Sport (also a Leeds supporter) was very optimistic. He seemed to believe we were going to have a big push next season.

He mentioned Rads rawness in football matters, but greatness in business and said the Kinnear guy who was also at Arsenal is a massive capture, he won't have come cheap.

Now my thoughts... This is Rads second appointment, two guys that would be harder to tie down than Monk. I don't believe at this moment in time a decision has been made about Monk.

Rad has captured two top guys, one looks to be on a consultancy side with contacts overseas, the other a British guy who also knows what he is doing. I think Rad wants to sit down with these two first and consider the options for how we go forward and with who in charge of the team.

Kinnear was said to be instrumental in Arsenals ground move and West Ham's to the Olympic Stadium.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Ristac thanks for that and if correct means ER will be bought which adds value to the balance sheet, and a new Stadium on the cards probably funded by Rads sporting/media marketing contacts, then the sale of ER for redevelopment. Thats the future but we need to see the now to make sure we carry on where we leave off this season

13. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Those would be very nice thoughts indeed. I'm not going to get over excited yet though until we see what player funds become available.

I think I'm probably the only person who is pleased that we haven't renewed Monks contract as yet. I'm hoping Rad is just checking the alternatives and if Monk is better than those fine, give him a contract, however if there is better....

It seems Cellino will be gone, how attractive a club would we be to a possible new manager if Rad meets with them and says I'm the owner, here is my new chief Exec, here are the exciting plans for the future and this is your transfer pot...

LeedsLover and patb like this.
  14. lifecheshirewhite

Kefalonia,work or holiday.where is that sounds Greece ?

15. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. I disappear for a few hours and you lot wreak havoc in my absence. Cellino gone, new stadium built. You lads don't hang about

hemase likes this.
  16. patb

patb Well-Known Member

Gary Speed was the harsh reality of what can happen if you don't get the support you need. Get well soon Aaron Lennon. #lufc

17. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

18. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Havn't heard anything yet here in Italy to suggest Cellino has gone but I am sure that is the case. What I can add is that Rad is a very well respected business man here and is 100% the opposite of silly bollox <ok>
    Better times deffo ahead for you guys court cases,tax fraud, embezzlement, and all that **** are now all in the past,
    He will not just throw money to the wind every decision he makes will be a business one how it will all pan out (who knows) but good luck guys a decent guy at the helm at last <applause>

19. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Palace are not safe yet!!

Hull v Sunderland (h)
    Swansea v Everton (h)
    Man City v Palace (h)

Sunderland v Swansea (a)
    PALACE V HULL ???

If Hull and Swansea both beat Sunderland (as they should) and Hull beat Palace would be going into the last day like this

Hull 16th 40 points
    Palace 17th 39 points
    Swansea 18th 39 points

Last day games

Swansea v West Brom (h)
    Hull v Spurs ???
    Man Utd v Palace ???

Whitejock likes this.
  20. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Now I really am worried <yikes>