1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Why the f***...

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Libby, Feb 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

If you are Trixter, what makes you so special that you can break rules the site owner has set up and which the rest of us manage to stick to?

2. TwistAndShout

TwistAndShout Active Member

Our lowest attendance (39k against Accrington Stanley) is still more than your highest attendance this season <laugh>

3. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Interacting with fans we do not have problem with......never have and never will. Wind up merchants we will deal with.
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion but what has to be remembered we as mods have no choice but to act on official complaints. What one person does not have a problem with another does , it's a difficult balance.
    However the Forum rules that mods have to abide by does state that banned members will remain banned from a particular forum until the mods of that forum agree to reinstate the poster. It also states that posters that change their names to over come a ban, will under those circumstances, when found out, be banned indefinitely.
    Trixter was banned because of the number of official complaints received about him.
    I am not aware that we mods have agreed to his reinstatement and certainly not with a changed name.

4. TwistAndShout

It's all getting a bit serious. I only came on for a giggle. Lighten up you boring, stuffy b*stards.

5. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

This thread is even more pointless than half the crap I post so it must be ****. It should be closed down immediately.

6. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

We should've been singing "we want our money back" to you lot....frigging tax cheats...:D

7. SaintinSerbia

SaintinSerbia Annoying Twat

bless him - when was the last time WHU were above the Saints in the table? give him a few moments of glory - then ban him again! :)

8. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

FREE THE TRIXTER ONE!

Number 1 Jasper likes this.
  9. TwistAndShout

Anyone that complained about this Trixter lad needs to evaluate their life.

This is a cross team football forum. There must be a Saints only forum you could join if you don't like a bit of piss taking?

By the way notice the way this has been written? I do like a new Fonte.

I'm off out now. Good night sad sacks.

10. saintsfcfan

saintsfcfan Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0128-hi:

11. Libby

Libby 9-0

I agree you tend to not have a lot to do bar merging etc. but the bit in bold I couldn't disagree with more and is the reason for the thread.

Like I say, generally fans will come on here may have a little dig/take the piss but a lot on here will resort to abuse (against rules) rather than engaging them. A lot of the time if this was allowed to play out then a discussion will break out. But generally it's OUR posters that resort to the abuse first rather than the fan who originally posts. The issue is that it's easier for the mods to just get rid of the opposition fan than address the issue, like you've just said yourself.

Again, look at Tobes. When it was announced that he was staying he got dogs abuse from some here, and I specifically remember that when the move happened later on he posted on here saying he was tempted to bring some of that back up, but decided against it. Yet he still gets dog abuse every time he comes on here even if what he says isn't anything inflammatory.

This.

I don't even think WUM's are that big of an issue, as long as they're confined to one thread. The real issues start when people like SB3 ruin every single thread imo.

12. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

On the flip side, I think the board is modded very well....and Tobes was a dick.

13. Beddy

I understand you don't think wums are so great an issue, but a lot do. We try and ensure they do not get the chance to even start on other threads. Most of the work we do as mods you don't see because it is done behind the scenes. Mostly successfully and no need to make things public.
    If as you say you enjoy interacting with other fans what is stopping you going on to their forums and interacting there? They are usually welcomed on this forum with from memory only 3 forum bans on individuals. That suggests in the main those that do come on here do not cause problems.
    I am one of the longest serving mods on any forum and can assure you our Forum gives our bosses the least problems of all. Long may it continue.
    We will continue to deal with complaints and wums as is necessary that is our job.

14. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

I think he has disappeared completely, not seen him on PFC site for ages. Maybe he has got out of the UK before disaster of BR**** strikes. Or perhaps he's shopping for fruit and vegetables in France having taken the ferry to Caen for the weekend.

ImpSaint and Beddy like this.
  15. Libby

Libby 9-0

Okay, perhaps I worded that wrong, my bad <ok>

The point is a lot of the fans who come here generally will discuss properly if they are engaged, rather than abused almost instantly.

I do go onto other boards to interact with other fans btw, and sadly, the reason there are only 3 bans is because a lot of fans won't even bother coming here because the chances of them getting a decent discussion are slim.

Number 1 Jasper likes this.
  16. Beddy

That is strange because the conversations I have with other board members seem to enjoy their visits here although granted they don't come often. Even the few Pompey fans that come on enjoy their visits. I understand what you are saying though but you can't blame the mods for our fans not taking to visitors. Especially if they come on just to annoy.

17. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Not if they are here for a decent discussion.

I'd much rather a slightly stricter policy of modding than having to read through the utter bollocks you encounter on the PL board. It's a balancing act, and overall I honestly think the guys here have got it right.

18. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

Just look at his post.

He is clearly a bit of a smug tosser. Rubbing the fact they beat us today in to make it even worse.

But isn't that part of football?! When your team beats your mates team you take the piss! Then from the banter you have good conversation and discussion. No matter the post, even if it is obviously from a WUM, it should be left as is. If people don't like it then ignore it, if they want to engage then let them. That is the point of a forum.

Unless a thread is directly offensive to individuals or groups then leave it be IMO. Freedom of speech n all that!

N.B. To Twist and Shout: Fair play on the result today, but that doesnt change the fact that the way your club is ran is an absolute joke. Your transfer policy is horrendous and a fairly large group of your fanbase are scum. We will most certainly have the last laugh when you are next relegated due to over spending and poor recruitment :)

thebronze14 and saintsfcfan like this.
  19. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

You usually have a lot less than 39,000 by midway through the 2nd half <ok>

20. Channonfodder

Channonfodder Rebel without a clue.....

oh brilliant. A thread all about the modding on here and Trixter. Did this really need its own thread on a football forum? He will be so pleased with all the attention.<doh>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.