1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Why the f***...

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Libby, Feb 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Libby

Libby 9-0

Was Trixters thread deleted?

He wasn't abusive, and he had a few replies engaging him properly.

Funny thing is... I was just trying to reply to that thread and the fact it's been deleted proves my point.

Why are we so unwelcoming to opposition fans? Yes Trix will take the piss a bit (banter?), but if people actually engaged him rather than abuse him, then he will respond in kind and discuss football properly.

Tobes was exactly the same, a really decent poster willing to engage properly but got a **** load of abuse before the chance was given.

Taking the piss alone isn't enough reason to shut down the conversation... plenty of our fans do it too.

Sorry, but it really pisses me off how ****ty we are with other teams fans... it's a multi-club forum (like 606) ffs <doh>

I'd also like to point out if you don't want interaction with other teams fans then there's plenty of Saints-only forums out there, SaintsWeb for example <ok>

Sorry mods but you've had an absolute shocker here... don't delete this either as I think it's only fair to hear others opinion on this.

2. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

Well said TLL

3. Libby

Libby 9-0

Thanks SA <ok>

I mean, I know we're bad on here for this sort of thing... but deleting that thread (no rules broken) really takes the piss imo.

4. st_brendy

st_brendy Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I closed it. Very much done on the basis that it was from Trixter. He's been banned before, more than once as I recall. He's a WUM, and whilst some people are happy to engage with him, we have got a lot of complaints about him historically. I should probably have got him re-banned (which would have resulted in the thread been deleted anyway), but I didn't feel it was worth taking it that far (I'm not entirely sure how he got un-banned in the first place, but I'm fine with it). Decided to just close the thread and let him continue to post on our board - subject to not receiving future complaints about him.

garysfc likes this.
  5. Libby

Libby 9-0

Thanks for the honesty mate, I don't really want to fall out with you over it, but I have to be honest. I appreciate you coming out and saying so though <ok>

See, I never saw that big a problem with Trixter... again, he takes the piss a bit but generally if you engage him he will discuss properly and it'a all banter, not like it takes over every thread either like minging used to. Again, it's similar to the Tobes situation. Btw, can I ask what rules that thread broke?

You say there's been complaints in the past, but how many were from people who couldn't take a bit of ribbing?

As far as I can see, when other fans come on here on the wum, it's generally our fans that resort to abuse (against forum rules) first rather than try to engage.

I remember while Trix was banned and we beat WHU 3-1 away in Rons first season, a mod (at the time) suggested unbanning him purely because we had won so we could take the piss.

That was a disgraceful suggestion imo, and backs up my belief that a large chunk of our posters can't take the ribbing when it comes our way.

At the end of the day, like I said in my OP it's a multi-club forum. That's part of the reason the old 606 was so popular in the first place, I'm sure everyone enjoyed the banter with Hudders/Posh fans on that site. The 'That my friends, is how you win away' thread was one of the best on not606 since we moved over here imo.

We have a reputation across the entire site as an over modded board that doesn't welcome opposition fans. That's a huge shame imo, espescially as (again) it's a multi club forum.

TBD likes this.
  6. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

If Trixter was banned, then Twist and Shout is a duplicate account, so he gets banned for that. End of story. We'll check the situation with admin to see if that's the case.
    Anyway, on your second point, about us being overmodded, I can't see how you can possibly say such a thing, as we mods hardly ever have anything to do on this board apart from sticking and unsticking threads, and the occasional merge! And we are pretty much universally welcoming of fans from other clubs unless they are looking for trouble, which those Everton fans definitely were. I took the easy way out then by banning them from the thread, which isn't really a big deal. If they had felt aggrieved about it they could easily have said so, but they didn't.

garysfc likes this.
  7. TwistAndShout

TwistAndShout Active Member

Get a life mate. I'm only having a giggle. Dear oh dear what has happened to football fans......

Number 1 Jasper, ImpSaint and Libby like this.
  8. ChilcoSaint

Forum Moderator

So are you the person formerly known as Trixter?

9. TwistAndShout

TLL it's a sad old world when football fans can't take the piss out of eachother a little after a game. Makes me wonder why people join a multi team forum. I mean what were they expecting?

As for those who complained about me. Good grief you need to get outside more whoever you are.

Number 1 Jasper and Libby like this.
  10. TwistAndShout

Ooh no not me guvnor.

11. ChilcoSaint

Forum Moderator

Hmmm...

12. TwistAndShout

Just let me stay chilco. I hardly ever post on here and it's only a bit of fun. By the way I hear they're looking for traffic wardens around Southampton way if you're interested.

13. saint-jenny

saint-jenny Active Member

"I'll do what I want and behave how I want, and if anyone is offended by it they need to get a life because it is their problem". Nice.

Bye Trixter.

14. TwistAndShout

My goodness did I write that? If I did then I definitely should be banned.

Libby and Archers Road like this.
  15. ChilcoSaint

Forum Moderator

Shame I live nowhere near Southampton then.

Saints_Alive likes this.
  16. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

I'll just say that some of us actually enjoy interacting with fans from other clubs and i'm a big believer in free speech. As long as a post is not being personally abusive or inciting hatred and being bigoted in any way, then I say let it go.

17. ChilcoSaint

Forum Moderator

Except if you are banned and start a duplicate account, I agree 100%.

18. TwistAndShout

Three issues here.

1.Should Trixter have actually been banned?

2. Am I even Trixter?

3. If I am Trixter, should I be banned for starting a new account? Technically they are the rules but surely only a sad sack would follow them to the letter?

Libby likes this.
  19. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

All things aside, I can't believe your lot had the gall to sing "Is it a fire drill " given the number you've had at the Taxpayer's stadium this season.
    Blooming cheek. <laugh>

Saints_Alive and ChilcoSaint like this.
  20. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

The "You're supposed to be at home" chants win maximum points for accidental irony.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.